What's new

Canada denies visa to Lt Gen (Retd) A S Bahia , again cites war crimes act.

It's a democratic country, therefore the indians cannot coerce Canadians into offering him/them visas -- perhaps there is an appeal process of some sort

if he/they got rejected, why indignify themselves by keeping on pursuing them, knowing they were already negged? Have some honour!

if he/they got rejected, why indignify themselves by keeping on pursuing them, knowing they were already negged? Have some honour!

Many people applies for visa and get rejected, and this holds true for every country in the world. It's not the rejection rather the reason given for rejection is offensive, that's why the retaliation!

Many people applies for visa and get rejected, and this holds true for every country in the world. It's not the rejection rather the reason given for rejection is offensive, that's why the retaliation!

i agree with you.

by why keep trying? Just say ''hell with you'' and move on. It's just self-humiliation repeating itself.

Will they change their opinion on the 229th attempt?

FM has given 1 week time for Canadian explanation, after that GoI probably deny visas to Canadian army officials deployed in Afganistan.

why would Canadian officials need hindustany permission to go to Afghanistan, especially when already deployed there?

Am i reading correctly what you wrote? :lol:

why would Canadian officials need hindustany permission to go to Afghanistan, especially when already deployed there?

Am i reading correctly what you wrote?

They mainly use Indian airports and civil aviation, not the troopers. Defense officials.

Am i reading correctly what you wrote? :lol:
Regardless of whether the GoI coerces the Canadians to concede on the visa issue, I think the point has been made that the IA and other paramilitary organizations have engaged in HR abuses and atrocities in J&K and elsewhere.

It is interesting that many Indians are not even bothering to question the accusations leveled, and merely moving to the argument 'when rules are against you, India breaks/bends the rules'.

Rather interesting insight into the mindset of Indians, but then we knew this from their position on Kashmir, where the opinions and rights (self determination) of millions occupied in Kashmir matter little to Indians.

hey can bypass India easily. The main transit point, given the issues with Iran, is Pakistan.

Yes they can, but then it's just diplomatic ping-pong, you never know what's gonna be GoI's next step. The point is GoI is talking up the issue strongly, if Canada maintenance their position, there'll be serious harm to relationship.

Regardless of whether the GoI coerces the Canadians to concede on the visa issue, I think the point has been made that the IA and other paramilitary organizations have engaged in HR abuses and atrocities in J&K and elsewhere.

It is interesting that many Indians are not even bothering to question the accusations leveled, and merely moving to the argument 'when rules are against you, India breaks/bends the rules'.

Rather interesting insight into the mindset of Indians, but then we knew this from their position on Kashmir, where the opinions and rights (self determination) of millions occupied in Kashmir matter little to Indians.

I know there are atrocities in Kashmir, but those are done by individuals not a policy of GoI. Calling BSF a violent organization which works against a 'particular community' because of some troopers wrong-doing is as offensive as saying all muslims are terrorists. Indian armed forces are most secular organization that exists in India.

BSF is not going to stop just because the Canadians call them butchers, Canadians will continue to lecture the Indians folks in somewhat more modest ways. The level of rhetorics will go down. Thats what always happens in the end.

BSF should kill all the illegal intruders coming over from Bangladesh it's their job to protect the borders. What do you want India should open the borders for illegals to settle in India and create more problem?
I don't know why bangladeshis go to border to get killed or is it BSF coming over to the bangladeshis houses to kill them? Hypocrites.

and Canada is voicing its disapproval (quite strongly) through this recent visa denial

as it is their internal affair, there is little say for outsiders --the 'antagonists' included

nothing new with that.....emotions cloud introspection.

You said it in a nut-shell!

BSF should kill all the illegal intruders coming over from Bangladesh it's their job to protect the borders. What do you want India should open the borders for illegals to settle in India and create more problem?
I don't know why bangladeshis go to border to get killed or is it BSF coming over to the bangladeshis houses to kill them? Hypocrites.

what does Bangali or illegal immigration have to do with this topic?

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom