What's new

Chinese - Shi Lang Aircraft Carrier: New Pictures

By whose standards? China's? :lol:

Compared to the later F-22, of course it was in its primitive phase.

Whereas J-20 was 70% completed compared to the eventual production aircraft, more like the F-22 of the early 2000s.

Compared to the later F-22, of course it was in its primitive phase.

Whereas J-20 was 70% completed compared to the eventual production aircraft, more like the F-22 of the early 2000s.
I see nothing but a great leap of faith instead of logic here. Nevertheless, I could argue that if there is no noticeable evolutionary changes from development to deployment, that mean the designers are unable to make improvements and/or corrections to flaws discovered during development. All designs, be it an automobile to a locomotive to an aircraft and even the simple bicycle, have flaws. The issue is whether we can improve the design so that the new evolution can eliminate the flaws, or that we build in compensating mechanisms so that the design can cope with the flaws.

We live with the flaws by two ways: avoidance, as in creating limiting mechanisms so that the flaws do not manifest itself, or by dealing with their consequences with other mechanisms. An excellent example of the latter is when we installed off centerline guns on the F-15 and F-16. The flaw here is adverse yaw created by the guns' recoil. The coping mechanism is an addition to the flight control laws that deflects the rudder in the opposite direction to keep the aircraft's orientation true. The flaw was created by our own demand: only one gun allowed and its position was dictated by competing demands from the aircraft itself.

The great leap of faith that I see is that you are assuming that the current evolution has all of its flaws discovered, eliminated, or coping mechanisms installed. From my experience, the greater the differences between evolutions, the greater the diligence the designers exercised.

I see nothing but a great leap of faith instead of logic here. Nevertheless, I could argue that if there is no noticeable evolutionary changes from development to deployment, that mean the designers are unable to make improvements and/or corrections to flaws discovered during development. All designs, be it an automobile to a locomotive to an aircraft and even the simple bicycle, have flaws. The issue is whether we can improve the design so that the new evolution can eliminate the flaws, or that we build in compensating mechanisms so that the design can cope with the flaws.

We live with the flaws by two ways: avoidance, as in creating limiting mechanisms so that the flaws do not manifest itself, or by dealing with their consequences with other mechanisms. An excellent example of the latter is when we installed off centerline guns on the F-15 and F-16. The flaw here is adverse yaw created by the guns' recoil. The coping mechanism is an addition to the flight control laws that deflects the rudder in the opposite direction to keep the aircraft's orientation true. The flaw was created by our own demand: only one gun allowed and its position was dictated by competing demands from the aircraft itself.

The great leap of faith that I see is that you are assuming that the current evolution has all of its flaws discovered, eliminated, or coping mechanisms installed. From my experience, the greater the differences between evolutions, the greater the diligence the designers exercised.

It has nothing to do with the great leap mentality, our govt institution started this project 30 years ago from the derivation of J-9.

Please learn how to respect other people's hard work, the fourth gen stealth aircraft is a large complex systems engineering which cannot be done by solely copying other.

Can Vietnam build a knockoff of F-22 even US providing them the blueprint? Nope, because Vietnam doesn't even have the industrial base to build such thing.

It has nothing to do with the great leap mentality, our govt institution started this project 30 years ago from the derivation of J-9.

Please learn how to respect other people's hard work, the fourth gen stealth aircraft is a large complex systems engineering which cannot be done by solely copying other.

Can Vietnam build a knockoff F-22 even US providing them the blueprint? Nope, because Vietnam doesn't even have the industrial base to do such thing.
Here we go again...:lol:...You guys must really have a difficult time dealing with the idea that a non-white person can be an American...:lol:

Here we go again...:lol:...You guys must really have a difficult time dealing with the idea that a non-white person can be an American...:lol:
You are an American as long as you hold US citizenship. And nobody can prevent you from identifying yourself as American, Vietnamnese, or other ethnic group. but there is a fact that many Americans subliminally don't view you as "American" since you have Asisan face

You are an American as long as you hold US citizenship. And nobody can prevent you from identifying yourself as American, Vietnamnese, or other ethnic group. but there is a fact that many Americans subliminally don't view you as "American" since you have Asisan face
Then you should have no problems admitting that such a view constitute a problem, no? In this highly technical matter, why should an American's origin matter, regardless of how he became a US citizen? Can you answer that? This is so typical of a Chinese's behavior here, failure to support his arguments against a Vietnamese-American -- attack his origin.

Then you should have no problems admitting that such a view constitute a problem, no? In this highly technical matter, why should an American's origin matter, regardless of how he became a US citizen? Can you answer that? This is so typical of a Chinese's behavior here, failure to support his arguments against a Vietnamese-American -- attack his origin.

Gambit, you were in the US military so they drilled it out of you not to see color. This isn't unique to Vietnamese-Americans. I know my Chinese and Koreans friends that served feel the same way. It's mental conditioning more than anything else.

Gambit, you were in the US military so they drilled it out of you not to see color. This isn't unique to Vietnamese-Americans. I know my Chinese and Koreans friends that served feel the same way. It's mental conditioning more than anything else.
Does that make it acceptable? Guess so since just about every Chinese member here engages in it. The argument I see here is: Other Americans does it so might as well join in. Do I get it right? If a black man is being lynched, I guess we can count on the Chinese members here to have some fun as well since 'everyone' is doing it. How pathetic...

Does that make it acceptable? Guess so since just about every Chinese member here engages in it. The argument I see here is: Other Americans does it so might as well join in. Do I get it right? If a black man is being lynched, I guess we can count on the Chinese members here to have some fun as well since 'everyone' is doing it. How pathetic...

That's definitely not my point and that should not be your conclusion. The only rational conclusion you can have is most Chinese-Americans here haven't served in the US Military. Which is probably 99% true. Right or wrong, that makes them a product of a different immigrant experience from those that did serve and gives them a different perspective.

That's definitely not my point and that should not be your conclusion. The only rational conclusion you can have is most Chinese-Americans here haven't served in the US Military. Which is probably 99% true. Right or wrong, that makes them a product of a different immigrant experience from those that did serve and gives them a different perspective.
Why in the world does one need to serve in a dictatorship like the military to learn the civilian inspired lessons of civil rights and color blindness? Stop trying to defend the indefensible. If your friends cannot see beyond color, let them stew in their own racist rot.

India would likely win the indigneous AC race against China.

By launch or by commission? The two are different.

China's indigenous Type 089 carriers will be first launched probably in several years, around the same time India's Vikrant class comes out.

Back
Top Bottom