What's new

Head of Hamas killed by Israeli strike

Might as well be asking to make an aircraft if you want it to deploy chaff and flares. You can only jam so much into one rocket or missile. But there is technology that ignores such countermeasures in any case.

i'm not an expert but from the looks of the so called iron doom , i can only tell how countries in the region might have developed short range missiles that can avoid countermeasures.

Hey i was wandering if someone could answer a question, someone asked me this today.

"Why, with all their advanced weaponry and foreign support, can't they seize HAMAS leaders via the ground? Instead they choose to bomb the living **** out of Gaza (killing hundreds of civilians in the process) all in the name of 'wiping out HAMAS'", hes talking about the 2009 Gaza war.

Hey i was wandering if someone could answer a question, someone asked me this today.

"Why, with all their advanced weaponry and foreign support, can't they seize HAMAS leaders via the ground? Instead they choose to bomb the living **** out of Gaza (killing hundreds of civilians in the process) all in the name of 'wiping out HAMAS'", hes talking about the 2009 Gaza war.

Israel's purpose is to Kill, they seem to enjoy it.

For your question, the answer lies here.

‘Mad dog’ diplomacy: A cornered Israel is baring its teeth | Mondoweiss

Israel uses such force because they KNOW that they will get away with it with World's "greatest" democracy on its back.

Even the UN cant do anything.

http://www.defence.pk/forums/world-affairs/87828-list-un-resolutions-israel-has-violated.html

Israel thinks, its above the law.... a trait that brought all empires crumbling down.. but they wont learn.

Where was the Hamas leadership in the 2009 war? Do the Qassam brigades take orders from the prime minister or do they operate independently? and why didnt Israel take out Hamas leadership in 09?

_64235397_danahar.jpg

4 top Islamic Jihad commanders that gathered for meeting in office building were targeted with surgical strike. Islamic Jihad admitted death of one so far.

Number of rocket launches from Gaza reduced by 40% today.

_64235397_danahar.jpg

4 top Islamic Jihad commanders that gathered for meeting in office building were targeted with surgical strike. Islamic Jihad admitted death of one so far.

Number of rocket launches from Gaza reduced by 40% today.

Terrorist leaders having a conference in an office building? :cheesy:

Because, despite the rhetoric, Israeli leaders need an 'existential' threat like Hamas to keep Israeli society together.

Israeli society has deep fault lines along ethnic (Ashkenazi v/s Sephardic v/s African Jews) and religious (Reform v/s Ultra-Orthodox Jews) divides and these fault lines will erupt if the external threat dissipates.

Keep in mind that 5 out of 7 Israeli elections have been preceded by IDF ops; these conflicts are all carefully timed and occur on Israel's timetable.

Because, despite the rhetoric, Israeli leaders need an 'existential' threat like Hamas to keep Israeli society together.

Israeli society has deep fault lines along ethnic (Ashkenazi v/s Sephardic v/s African Jews) and religious (Reform v/s Ultra-Orthodox Jews) divides and these fault lines will erupt if the external threat dissipates.

Keep in mind that 5 out of 7 Israeli elections have been preceded by IDF ops; these conflicts are all carefully timed and occur on Israel's timetable.

While I somewhat agree with you it is not different than Pakistan needing the boogey man of India and Soviet-Afghanistan. And India needing the boogeyman of Pakistan and ISI. Or Arabs needing the boogey man of shia Iran. Every country has their fault lines and perceived enemies.

While I somewhat agree with you it is not different than Pakistan needing the boogey man of India and Soviet-Afghanistan. And India needing the boogeyman of Pakistan and ISI. Or Arabs needing the boogey man of shia Iran. Every country has their fault lines and perceived enemies.

True, but the difference is that in all these other cases the bogeyman, real or imagined, is not a technological pushover.

In the case of Israel v/s the Palestinians, however, the technological disparity is so ridiculous that Israel could well quash the Palestinian militants if they wanted to. The reason they don't do it is because Israel needs a prolonged, low-intensity, managed conflict as explained above. This is also the reason that Israel is not, and has never been, interested in genuine peace with the Palestinians.

P.S. To be fair, this is also the reason why Arab countries in the region don't want to solve the Palestinian situation. They also milk Israel as the bogeyman to distract from their own internal issues.

Caught in the middle, as pawns, are the Palestinian civilians.

You are spot on dude...This is the diplomacy and politics that every nation is playing for internal public consumption..

When did Netanyahu say that he is going to start WW3?

Gaza is not occupied.

Actually he meant Palestain . it's their land you are fighting with them in their land and meanwhile you call them terrorists.

Actually he meant Palestain . it's their land you are fighting with them in their land and meanwhile you call them terrorists.
Those who blow up civilian buses and indiscriminately shell neighborhoods are terrorists. Case closed.

If they dont want to be terrorists they should "fight for their land" by other means.

Back
Top Bottom