What's new

How do we make PDF better?

My suggestion is for moderators to remain neutral and be politically unbiased in politics related topics. If you guys have personal prefernces for certain political leader or political party then this should not affect your neutral approach in moderating the forum or topics. Its hard job but you can do it. If you are allowing or ignoring abuse or insults thrown at political party or leader X and expecting decent lanaguge from members for your own favourite political party or leader Y then its not gonna work. Either allow right of abuse/insults/name calling for all political personalities and their supporters or for none. Why selective?

Last edited:
My suggestion is for moderators to remain neutral and be politically unbiased in politics related topics. If you guys have personal prefernces for certain political leader or political party then this should not affect your neutral approach in moderating the forum or topics. Its hard job but you can do it. If you are allowing or ignoring abuse or insults thrown at political party or leader X and expecting decent lanaguge from members for your own favourite political party or leader Y then its not gonna work. Either allow right of abuse/insults/name calling for all political personalities and their supporters or for none. Why selective?
I wonder what made you reach to such a conclusion, every off-topic post was deleted in this thread:
https://defence.pk/threads/budget-2016-17-govt-eyes-big-rise-in-tax-revenues.433482/

And everyone using inappropriate language was given the same treatment, deletion of the posts and reason given through 'Alerts'. And if you think other posts were edited later you can check the time line on edited posts. Fair treatment, any post derailing the thread was deleted.

And if this is not the thread you were referring to, please post a link of that thread!
And you don't expect us not to edit or delete posts using words like 'potian', such language only shows the mindset of a person.

Either allow right of abuse/insults/name calling for all political personalities and their supporters or for none. Why selective?
Please report such posts too. You guys complain and do not report such posts, can't expect us to go through each and every post.

Last edited:
@WebMaster @Horus @Oscar
May I suggest, a button to change an entire thread into a single page?.
Hear me out:
There are many massive threads in PDF. What I'm suggesting is that something like this can make locating small details much more efficiently.
For example:
I'm on the JF-17 Thread, and I want some info on the famous "229".
Now these threads are massive, and so it would be impossible to go through every page to find it, hence I'll try to find it using (ctrl)+(F). View attachment 306749
But since the thread is divided into pages (ctrl)+(F) won't work, hence a single page version could be toggled by a button, and voila you could find all details much more quickly, like Airplane Numbers needed to track progress of Thunder project, etc etc.
Thanks in advance.
There's an easier way. Go to the JF-17 thread and Type 229 in the Search field. Check the box saying Search this thread only and Bob's your uncle....

There's an easier way. Go to the JF-17 thread and Type 229 in the Search field. Check the box saying Search this thread only and Bob's your uncle....
Well another advantage of having the entire thread in one page is that I won't need net connection to browse through the thread.

I wonder what made you reach to such a conclusion, every off-topic post was deleted in this thread:
https://defence.pk/threads/budget-2016-17-govt-eyes-big-rise-in-tax-revenues.433482/

And everyone using inappropriate language was given the same treatment, deletion of the posts and reason given through 'Alerts'. And if you think other posts were edited later you can check the time line on edited posts. Fair treatment, any post derailing the thread was deleted.

And if this is not the thread you were referring to, please post a link of that thread!
And you don't expect us not to edit or delete posts using words like 'potian', such language only shows the mindset of a person.

Please report such posts too. You guys complain and do not report such posts, can't expect us to go through each and every post.
It was not complain but sugesssion to bring this neutral approach in political topics. Its very common to observe term like " Noon goon" " Patwari" "Noon Slave" etc use for those who dont consider Imran as political messiah. Now if using these words are norm in political section then whats wrong if someone use same kind of terms for ptia/Imran khan and their supporters ? If nothing is wrong with nawaz bashing then whats wrong with imran bashing? I know you have more supporters of IK on this forum but rule should be same for everyone. I have seen moderator intervene only when ptian start getting taste of their own medicine

It is not based on allowing X vs Y, it is what moderator sees and acts on. That varies.

It is not based on allowing X vs Y, it is what moderator sees and acts on. That varies.
Moderator judgement often based on their own political inclination or preferences but that what i noticed as it seem to me as if political section of this forum just represent PTI section

Moderator judgement often based on their own political inclination or preferences but that what i noticed as it seem to me as if political section of this forum just represent PTI section

If you see some bias you can open a thread in GHQ, but the resemblance of political section is based on the online users which are mostly PTI fans.

If you see some bias you can open a thread in GHQ, but the resemblance of political section is based on the online users which are mostly PTI fans.
I understand it but what i wanted to say that if ptians who are in majority are allowed to bash personalities of others political parties then i should have same right and moderator should not delete my post because i bash someone whom they consider as great leader .If someone call me noon goon, patwari and slave for my political views then how same response from my side become inappropriate ?

@WebMaster implement data sciences. I had suggested that before.

Like what? I don't remember this discussion anymore.

I understand it but what i wanted to say that if ptians who are in majority are allowed to bash personalities of others political parties then i should have same right and moderator should not delete my post because i bash someone whom they consider as great leader .If someone call me noon goon, patwari and slave for my political views then how same response from my side become inappropriate ?

I agree it should be allowed as long as it is not abusive.

@Proudpakistanyguy Ref. #678

Moderators are neutral, specifically regarding subject of enforced rules.
You will notice that once they've taken action, they pull out of that discus-
sion. Having to act elevates one above participation which is a mainstay
of good Net moderation.
Of course, in long running threads, they are allowed to come back in the
fray like normal members once the glitch is treated / convo subject changed.

If you see an exception to this, either leave a message to the Moderator or,
if not possible, signal it politely to his attention. If you are certain that he is
erring ( and won't listen ), report it as you would for any other member.

Just remember though that the line is thin between interfering and helping out
and that the slopes of that divide are slippery.

I wish something could be done about this or maybe thats how PDF "rolls on"

That's how a vast majority of fora roll, man!
The specifics, Indians in droves because their fora are not so friendly and
because Pakistan Defence Forum is but also because quite a few regard
having a dialogue with Pakistan as worth it which should rejoice everyone
/ groups of members coalescing as white blood cells on the first prey that
bleeds / thread's loss of linearity and most of all, the initial moronic comment
that spawns what you described like a singularity spawns a universe ...
are actually standard markers of what Internet truly is : a place where idiots
are on par for attention and speaking time with interested and/or wise people.

keep-calm-and-do-the-ska-1.png

8-) Tay.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom