What's new

How many hours a day do you sleep?

How many hours?

• Total voters

kbd-raaf

Reaction score
Country
India
How many hours every night do you guys sleep?

Personally I sleep, less than four hours a day. I'm just too busy.

It's incredibly unhealthy and I can see the repercussions on my body already.

Time spent in sleeping is not wasted ...
4-8 hours sleep is ok ....
Less than 4 hours is not good .

If I am not working over night, I simply try not to sleep in day at all. It makes me lethargic and prevents me from sleep in night.

Time spent in sleeping is not wasted ...
4-8 hours sleep is ok ....
Less than 4 hours is not good .

I work during the day.

Work on my research at night.

What about during exam time? Did you get 4-8 every night then?

7-8 hours

can't control my sleep after 1 am :P

Lucky mofo, my patterns so screwed up I start nodding off around 5AM.

You are out of the Uni, these days, you should be getting enough sleep. Ideally up to 8 hrs.

Take a cold shower, buy a pair of earbuds, and blidfold yourself before going to sleep....stay away from any screens mobile or laptop about 45 minutes before you go to bed.

You are out of the Uni, these days, you should be getting enough sleep. Ideally up to 8 hrs.

Take a cold shower, buy a pair of earbuds, and blidfold yourself before going to sleep....stay away from any screens mobile or laptop about 45 minutes before you go to bed.

I'm working in the mornings :|

It's not an physical inability to sleep, more like a requirement I'm forcing upon myself in order to get work done.

I'm sure a lot of us have had this problem whilst studying for exams and the like.

I work during the day.

Work on my research at night.

What about during exam time? Did you get 4-8 every night then?

Lucky mofo, my patterns so screwed up I start nodding off around 5AM.

not exactly , I do have night duties on and off ....
and so even my sleeping pattern is quite weird ... I usually get 4-5 hours sleep however , which is ok for me .

Sleep hygeine is important ...
You should try to have some ' order ' is your sleep schedule ...i wonder how you keep going with less than 4 hours sleep ...unless you are a superman !

not exactly , I do have night duties on and off ....
and so even my sleeping pattern is quite weird ... I usually get 4-5 hours sleep however , which is ok for me .

Sleep hygeine is important ...
You should try to have some ' order ' is your sleep schedule ...i wonder how you keep going with less than 4 hours sleep ...unless you are a superman !

I've only been doing it for a couple of months now. So it's not long term.

To be honest I do get 4-5 some days, mostly its about 4 though. Sleep at 4 wake up at 8, get to work by 9. Go to uni after work, work at the lab till 3. Get home, shower, eat and go to sleep and rinse and repeat.

I've started gaining weight (fat), my beep test score has dropped from ~11 to 9.2. All in all, a terrible thing to do.

I've considered cutting back on my work hours a tad. But people have been losing their jobs in the last few months, so not too keen on that.

I'm working in the mornings :|

It's not an physical inability to sleep, more like a requirement I'm forcing upon myself in order to get work done.

I'm sure a lot of us have had this problem whilst studying for exams and the like.

Been there done that, however 7-8 hr sleep is something that you need...adjust everything else around it.

Good sleep = sound brain = increased work/study performance.

You also need a good air con for Perth summer, its like living in a Turkish oven. :D

10 hours these days , can't control my sleep. :sick:

Been there done that, however 7-8 hr sleep is something that you need...adjust everything else around it.

Good sleep = sound brain = increased work/study performance.

You also need a good air con for Perth summer, its like living in a Turkish oven. :D

42 degrees tomorrow in Perth. Haven't been outside during the day for more than 15 seconds in the past week. Aircon set to 22* all day, erry day

I'm not gonna have much fun in the military :|

Back
Top Bottom