What's new

How many hours a day do you sleep?

How many hours?

• Total voters
7-8 hours

can't control my sleep after 1 am :P

Can't controlling your sleep means you have a healthy appetite, strong immune system, strong built up plus you have a hell of a routine at every single day or a week.... Am i right??:azn:

You are out of the Uni, these days, you should be getting enough sleep. Ideally up to 8 hrs.

Take a cold shower, buy a pair of earbuds, and blidfold yourself before going to sleep....stay away from any screens mobile or laptop about 45 minutes before you go to bed.

Curiosity
Why should someone do that

You are out of the Uni, these days, you should be getting enough sleep. Ideally up to 8 hrs.

Take a cold shower, buy a pair of earbuds, and blidfold yourself before going to sleep....stay away from any screens mobile or laptop about 45 minutes before you go to bed.

sir my habbit is i unplug laptop power supply . turn off lights on AC and fan and then play a documentary on side table of my bed and keep it watching till i feel my eyes close then i power off laptop and sleep while at that time i already feel half sleepy .every weekend i download 5-7 space documentris for sleep.

not exactly , I do have night duties on and off ....
and so even my sleeping pattern is quite weird ... I usually get 4-5 hours sleep however , which is ok for me .

Sleep hygeine is important ...
You should try to have some ' order ' is your sleep schedule ...i wonder how you keep going with less than 4 hours sleep ...unless you are a superman !

We actually became supermen in Pakistan by getting less than 5 hours of sleep every night during the blistering hot summers due to shortage of power supply. It was the hardest thing to deal with, but things are getting better specially in upcoming months...:D

hardly a hour or two. Working on making Bangladesh a good place to live and to give corruption free government.

Can't controlling your sleep means you have a healthy appetite, strong immune system, strong built up plus you have a hell of a routine at every single day or a week.... Am i right??:azn:

No you are absolutely wrong.

Except strong build up all true :lol:

42 degrees tomorrow in Perth. Haven't been outside during the day for more than 15 seconds in the past week. Aircon set to 22* all day, erry day

I'm not gonna have much fun in the military :|

Awwww so you went for the ADF scholarship program...you poor thing :D

Lets just hope you get stationed at the Cambell barracks, buy yourself a pair of milspec binaculars....there's a beach close by where all of the fairies land with their wings spread. :kiss3:

Curiosity
Why should someone do that

Your Melatonin (sleep hormone) is programmed to be released when your brain gets a signal that is night, using your eyes as a light sensor. LEDs are high intensity lights, therefore if you keep using them, the brain keeps getting the 'day signal' resulting in Melatonin release cycle being disturbed which makes you insomniac over time.

If you sleep blindfolded with earbuds during the day, you can sleep as good as your natural sleep cycle at night. :coffee:

Last edited:
Awwww so you went for the ADF scholarship program...you poor thing :D

Lets just hope you get stationed at the Cambell barracks, buy yourself a pair of milspec binaculars....there's a beach close by where all of the fairies land with their wings spread. :kiss3:

The Campbell Barracks are Army SASR :/ Don't think I'll be stationed there. I'm hoping for RAAF base Pearce. I'm going to be RAAF Aero. I've kinda started regretting it nowadays, especially with a large amount of interest in my team's work from Thales. But that's 4 years I've signed away, which I can't do anything about.

Summer is the best time for birdwatching :3 My strategy is to set up a volleyball net, get a game going with a couple of lads, and let the fairies ;) come to you, no binoculars necessary.

What're you upto now that you don't live in Perth anymore?

How many hours every night do you guys sleep?

Personally I sleep, less than four hours a day. I'm just too busy.

It's incredibly unhealthy and I can see the repercussions on my body already.

What kind of repercussions are you experiencing ?

I also sleep only 4-5/day ! I compromise during weekends though, on weekends I sleep at least 12-14 hours :D

Due to not enough sleep, I have gained some weight as well as black circles under my eyes :(

What kind of repercussions are you experiencing ?

I also sleep only 4-5/day ! I compromise during weekends though, on weekends I sleep at least 12-14 hours :D

Due to not enough sleep, I have gained some weight as well as black circles under my eyes :(

Black bags under my eyes too.
My fitness level has gone down a lot.
Fat level has increased. Previously I had a fat content of 10%, I'm fairly sure I'm hitting 13-14% now.
I'm lethargic and tired during the day.

I do get a bit more sleep on weekends, maybe 6-7.

Back
Top Bottom