What's new

IAF deploys fighters near Pak border

To the mods, the news is more than old and the dicussion is off topic anyway, isn't it time to close this thread?

However sir don't you think this so called vulnerability will add when IAF is launching lets say per-emtive strikes in PAK??? The same way these basis are only limited to SAM's till interceptors can be launched PAF basis will also be limited to same...Don't you think a MKI or Mig-29 flowing from 200 miles will give you more time to prepare vs someone at stone throw distance???....Secondly don't you think that we have these fighters in good numbers and if we put few close to border it increases our capabilities to cause maximum damage if we do manage to surprise our enemies??? So in essence all i need to ensure is that i should be able to survive any per-emptive strike by my adversary(in case they manage to surprise us) and then my response is going to be very swift and punitive...

Do you think that this move is in synch with cold war doctorine and is would IAF be able to cause lot of damage if they manage to surprise you?? or you think that this move is plane stupid???

the question is simple the BIGGEST POSITIVE OF THE SU-30 is its long BVR range & even a longer detection range due to its N001VE or Phazotron N010 Zhuk-27 radar!

Now once you bring it in close ofcourse you can see everything close to the Afghan border! but you give PAF the IDEAL opportunity the dream scenario of close in fighting! WHERE our radars & BVR missiles will have an EVEN playing field! :pakistan:

in simple cricket terms when you got a score of 350 on board in a 50 over game you don't concentrate on stopping the singles my friend!

yes we are ahead in missile tech :angel: example is of a cruise missiles which most of the developed countries havent made yet and turkey is now interested in pakistan's cruise missile project too :angel: n u are still working on cruise missile projects which we have done 5 years back :pop:

Thats because they were tested hundred times before and later assembled in Pakistan

Missile Proliferation in South Asia: India and Pakistan's Ballistic Missile Inventories | Arms Control Association

China's Missile Exports and Assistance to Pakistan

My 2 cents. I think this has to be seen as operational cold start by putting best strike elements at the border. All the hardware is moving in to place.

When kargil happened..............Armed forces were not prepared............

when 26/11 attacks occured .................Armed forces were not ready.

Now seems like armed forces are doing preparations for response to any next attack:devil:.

news are coming on Daily basis that army ordered that........navy ordered that etc etc:yahoo::yahoo:.

This deployment is a part of that:toast_sign:

the question is simple the BIGGEST POSITIVE OF THE SU-30 is its long BVR range & even a longer detection range due to its N001VE or Phazotron N010 Zhuk-27 radar!

Now once you bring it in close ofcourse you can see everything close to the Afghan border! but you give PAF the IDEAL opportunity the dream scenario of close in fighting! WHERE our radars & BVR missiles will have an EVEN playing field! :pakistan:

in simple cricket terms when you got a score of 350 on board in a 50 over game you don't concentrate on stopping the singles my friend!

Unfortunately Your analogy is flawed my dear friend....I agree with Taimi that this can go both ways...Obviously it gives PAF a lucrative and comparatively easy target but it also gives them headache in case India pulls up the pre-emptive strike....What do you think should be the target if India choose to attack?? Also how much will India be prepared to defend these bases if it they who started the war??? Also given the sensitive location don't you think there would be enough counter measures(multi layer SAM protection, Concrete Bunkers etc) would be in place???

If we look at the history the one who has the surprise gives a bigger punch with similar effort...In other words once defences are in place it is very hard to break them....So this particular move can go both ways(obviously we are assuming that defences are not already in place for these basis meant to give a deafning punch which to me is a flaw anyways)....

As far as your BVR scenario is concerned then help me out because i do not see any change...MKI's be at 200 miles or 50 miles will have to face F-16's complemented with AWACS...So as long as we are in your Air-Space this scenario will not change....The moment you enter my Air Space then scenario changes because you never know how many MKI's are where and may be already locking you while you are coming in....

Last edited:
Hi,

I think that iaf and planners got carried away by deploying su 30's in kashmir and mig 29's in adampur.

IAF will not lose anything by deploying around 150 to 200 miles the su 30 's and mig 29's.

By deploying these heavy weights so close to the border---the threat level has been accentuated---the hair trigger has very little margin of error in it---so we are basically full time on DEFCON 2 now---.

Two sqdrns of su 30 in kashmir and 2-3 sqdrns of mig 29's at adampur is a very heavy number---regardless of how many planes you have in reserve.

You know in the amry---at what casualty level a division is considered mortally wounded---20% casualty totally devastates a millitary division.
Mastan, consider this, 2 sqdrns of Su' implies a maximum of 36 planes. Most of the times, the sqdrns are understaffed.
Consider it against the whole number of Su's-230 planes.

I would argue that it is still not a big number.

Then consider these points:
This is a phased plan AFAIK. It is in conjunction with the MAFI project. The airfield modernization project which includes new radars, runways, shelters, etc.

This includes building hardened shelters all around.

IAF is planning a complete overhaul. I think there are to be 13 aerostats deployed on the western border. Aerostats are generally deployed only at airbases. This is apart from the regular air search radars. Each Aerostat covers 400kms as per open sources.

Do you realize 400kms from bases like Adampur, etc in Punjab Rajasthan or Kashmir? You cover significant Pakistani territory.

Couple this with newer SAM's and newer planes MRCA which would also start comming in by 2015.

As a pakistani---I am very pleased that you have deployed them so close to the border. At 200 miles away---they were out of my reach---now they are at my discretion---this is my observation. Now you have placed close to a 100 of your top birds at my door step---thankyou very much. Now I can insitute cold start as well.

I know very well that if your side starts cold start---I am totally doomed---but this scenario just gives me an oppurtunity and opening to shock your side with the unpredictable.

My assessment is that to lose 40--80 top quality strike aircraft just like that would be a massive shock momentarilly.

When I die in the resultant attack--I will at least go as a happy man tha I took the might of the enemy strike force with me. Isn't that what a warrior lives to die for.:pakistan:

IAF would plan all this mate. It is but obvious.

well guys we as Pakistani accept the fact that in the past we have given Indians a tough time as compared to our size and strength compared to India. but we also accept that past is past..wat is in the present will become future...many of the post take india very easy as it will do nothing and be sitting ducks and do nothing and we will be the 1 collecting all the presents in reality its not true Indian Air force is big airforce..their size is big and so does the thrushhold...we think that their aircraft crash more then any other country which is true so they might not be effective and give ourselves a thought to relax which I am affraid that might be a big mistake...we should not be happy about JF17 or on few F16 but also pressure our Gov to induct more moderen aircraft..India do cry on our F16 which is very right on their part becasue if they wanna go on war with Pakistan they want absolute victory and distroy our infrastructure just like Israel did agaisnt lebenon....

the point I am trying to convey is we are not as well equipted as we think or portrey. for how long can few F16 and old generation F7 can hold MKI, Mig 29 and MK2. and end we will end up having a stage show making tears over mothers of marter and taking how well they fight and no 1 will question did they died because of the advance Indian equipment or because we did not provided them advance equipment.

Hi,

I think that iaf and planners got carried away by deploying su 30's in kashmir and mig 29's in adampur.

IAF will not lose anything by deploying around 150 to 200 miles the su 30 's and mig 29's.

By deploying these heavy weights so close to the border---the threat level has been accentuated---the hair trigger has very little margin of error in it---so we are basically full time on DEFCON 2 now---.

Two sqdrns of su 30 in kashmir and 2-3 sqdrns of mig 29's at adampur is a very heavy number---regardless of how many planes you have in reserve.

You know in the amry---at what casualty level a division is considered mortally wounded---20% casualty totally devastates a millitary division.

As a pakistani---I am very pleased that you have deployed them so close to the border. At 200 miles away---they were out of my reach---now they are at my discretion---this is my observation. Now you have placed close to a 100 of your top birds at my door step---thankyou very much. Now I can insitute cold start as well.

I know very well that if your side starts cold start---I am totally doomed---but this scenario just gives me an oppurtunity and opening to shock your side with the unpredictable.

My assessment is that to lose 40--80 top quality strike aircraft just like that would be a massive shock momentarilly.

When I die in the resultant attack--I will at least go as a happy man tha I took the might of the enemy strike force with me. Isn't that what a warrior lives to die for.:pakistan:

So be it. May be IAF will be alert enough to avoid such embarassments. May be they want your second rung fighters to make the mistake and get into a soup here. I would watch out for how quick India will react once it becomes clear some bases are under attack. Whatever happens by choosing to stay on edge the alertness in our air forces will improve. So we are improving atleast here, as opponents.
:angel:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom