What's new

India: Half a dollar a day 'adequate', says panel

I can vouch for the poverty, I have only seen similar levels of poverty in parts of Kenya and Ethiopia. This also shows the fact that indian poverty according to the state is set at half a dollar a day, basically a fudge to show the world "they ain't poor" a truly sad state of affairs to witness. Even a person like me, who is an enemy of the indian state.

What are you smoking today? :lol: If I post comparison of India and Pakistan poverty you will fled soon. And I wish not to because this has been discussed thousand times. Anyway you have accepted eternal enmity of India and now enemy of Indian state, :P I can think you cannot think beyond this.

Just saw it on television....congress saying the figure was arrived by an expert panel and should not be disputed .....yeah right :lol:.

Just saw it on television....congress saying the figure was arrived by an expert panel and should not be disputed .....yeah right :lol:.

did you see a senior advocate making fun of this report ? seriously its not even hilarious, what kind of ppl are running our YOJANA KENDRA? 6th grade dropouts?
. this is what the advocate said--- a dozen of bananas cost around 60 rs so ill buy 6 bananas 2 for te morning breakfast, two for the lunch and two for dinner so within 30 rupees ill have all my meals for the day, and if i feel like having one more banana eventually ill have to pay extra 5 rupees so the total becomes 35 rupees, so that extra banana would snatch the BPL card from me?

.wish i could get a chance to hit these guys with chappal. SHAME

did you see a senior advocate making fun of this report ? seriously its not even hilarious, what kind of ppl are running our YOJANA KENDRA? 6th grade dropouts?
. this is what the advocate said--- a dozen of bananas cost around 60 rs so ill buy 6 bananas 2 for te morning breakfast, two for the lunch and two for dinner so within 30 rupees ill have all my meals for the day, and if i feel like having one more banana eventually ill have to pay extra 5 rupees so the total becomes 35 rupees, so that extra banana would snatch the BPL card from me?

.wish i could get a chance to hit these guys with chappal. SHAME

If they actually said that, they are a disgrace, why don't they live on 6 bananas a day themselves if it is so good. :(

perhaps members of the panel should be made to live on half a dollar a day for 6 months

In my village the poor get free food every evening but they have to wait until the rest of us eat some things will never change in India :disagree:

In my village the poor get free food every evening but they have to wait until the rest of us eat some things will never change in India :disagree:

yaar dont complain at least they dont sleep hungry. I wish that all in pak india sleep without hunger. order of eating does not matter

perhaps members of the panel should be made to live on half a dollar a day for 6 months

What about people like indocarib that feel they can easily live off 25 rupees a day? Let them have a go and see how easy it is for them too!

yaar dont complain at least they dont sleep hungry. I wish that all in pak india sleep without hunger. order of eating does not matter

Problem is not the lack of food but the distribution of it. Every year tonnes of food gets eaten by rats/mice because India lacks logistics to store and give to the people who actually need it.

BBC News | SOUTH ASIA | India's food going to waste

Agricultural experts meeting in the southern Indian city of Bangalore estimate that food and vegetables worth 350 billion rupees ($7.3bn) are wasted every year in India.

The cause is the lack of food processing plants, even though India is the third largest food producer in the world.

Now if we solve these issues at least food is not wasted and in our asian culture wasting food is a big sin our parents always tell us take what you can eat but don't waste it if only both our goverments would adopt this mindset.

Problem is not the lack of food but the distribution of it. Every year tonnes of food gets eaten by rats/mice because India lacks logistics to store and give to the people who actually need it.

Agricultural experts meeting in the southern Indian city of Bangalore estimate that food and vegetables worth 350 billion rupees ($7.3bn) are wasted every year in India.

The cause is the lack of food processing plants, even though India is the third largest food producer in the world.

Now if we solve these issues at least food is not wasted and in our asian culture wasting food is a big sin our parents always tell us take what you can eat but don't waste it if only both our goverments would adopt this mindset.

sadly our corrupt politicos do not give these matters the priority it deserves

I pray for all that live on the poverty line in both of our countries. I here what you are saying about distribution of food etc but what makes me angry is our corrupt scumy politicians milking everything for themselves. These are the people these poor people trust with resolving issues like this so they can build a better life. Instead these idiots concentrate on fleecing the wealth of the country and building a personal empire in Switzerland etc

sadly our corrupt politicos do not give these matters the priority it deserves

Why would they when they have their tummies full and their bellies hanging out, only someone who is starving can feel empathy for another hungry person.

---------- Post added at 10:24 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:21 PM ----------

I pray for all that live on the poverty line in both of our countries. I here what you are saying about distribution of food etc but what makes me angry is our corrupt scumy politicians milking everything for themselves. These are the people these poor people trust with resolving issues like this so they can build a better life. Instead these idiots concentrate on fleecing the wealth of the country and building a personal empire in Switzerland etc

Alas what can we do democracy is a sham I rather have a good King to rule rather than this corrupt babas who believe it or not 25% of them have criminal convictions yet they still are allowed to be MP's :disagree:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom