What's new

Israel plans N-strike against Iran

why isreal will attack iran directly to create more problems for her .they can use US for this but question is that can US afford new war. currently US govt. under a debt.of 10 trilion dollars.if iran have a good numbers of AShM then iran can partialy block oil export from gulf, which mean oil prices increase vertically. EU,US. econimies can,t sustain this burden .

In the event of an oil blockade,why do you onlt think abt the west, the developing economies would be killed first.So Iran would end up having the entire world against it.

In the event of an oil blockade,why do you onlt think abt the west, the developing economies would be killed first.So Iran would end up having the entire world against it.

when a country under N- attack then they will not care any one

Russia confirms sale of anti-aircraft missile systems to Iran

MOSCOW: Russia has delivered new anti-aircraft missile systems to Iran and will consider further requests by Tehran for defensive weapons, Russian Defense Minister Sergei Ivanov said on Tuesday.

"We have supplied the modern short-range anti-aircraft systems TOR-M1 in accordance with our contracts," Ivanov told reporters. "Iran is not under sanctions and if it wants to buy defensive equipment for its armed forces then why not?"

A defense ministry source later was quoted as saying while talking to an international news agency deliveries of hardware under the $1 billion deal, which has been criticised by the West, have not yet been completed.

Washington and Israel have criticised the contract to supply the TOR-M1 missiles to Iran, saying Tehran could use them against its neighbors.

Late last year Russia reluctantly joined U.N. sanctions against Iran, which introduced restrictions on Iran's trade in sensitive nuclear materials and technology, aimed at curbing Tehran's nuclear ambitions.

But Moscow says the sanctions do not apply to the missiles.

The Russian military insists that the missile systems will protect Iran from air attacks, but do not pose a threat to neighboring countries.

Last year Russia dropped the idea of selling longer-range S300 anti-aircraft missiles to Iran.

However, Washington imposed sanctions against four Russian arms firms for selling weapons to Iran and Syria.

The News
http://thenews.jang.com.pk/updates.asp#16213

Russians hungry for cash! No matter where it originates from, its good to them!

when a country under N- attack then they will not care any one

Who said Nuke attack? U just said "attack" and i replied. Now you are making your own twists to make your argument hold.

Tuesday, January 16, 2007

Attack on Iran before April?

By Khalid Hasan

WASHINGTON: The United States will launch a military strike on Iran before April from the sea and with Patriot missiles, according to an Arab Times report appearing on a major American news website.

The report, carrying the by-line of Ahmed Al-Jarallah, editor-in-chief of Arab Times, is attributed to “sources” which are not identified. A “reliable source” is quoted as saying that President Bush recently held a meeting with Vice President Dick Cheney, Defence Secretary Robert Gates and Secretary of State Condoleezza Rice in the White House where they discussed “in minute detail” the plan to attack Iran.

The source said that Cheney highlighted the threat posed by Iran not only to Saudi Arabia, but the whole region. “Tehran is not playing politics. Iranian leaders are using their country’s religious influence to support the aggressive regime’s ambition to expand,” the source quoted Dick Cheney as saying. Those attending the meeting agreed to impose restrictions on the “ambitions” of the Iranian regime before April without exposing other countries in the region to any danger. The source said, “They have chosen April as British Prime Minister Tony Blair has said it will be the last month in office for him.”

Claiming that the attack will be launched from the sea and not from any country in the region, the source said, “The US will target the oil installations and nuclear facilities of Iran, ensuring there is no environmental catastrophe or after effects. Already the US has started sending its warships to the Gulf and the build-up will continue until Washington has the required number by the end of this month. US forces in the region will be protected against any Iranian missile attack by an advanced Patriot missile system.”

The source further said that although Gates and Rice suggested postponing the attack, Bush and Cheney insisted on attacking Tehran without any negotiations, “based on the lesson they learnt in Iraq recently”. The Bush administration believes attacking Iran will create a new power balance in the region, calm down the situation in Iraq and weaken the Syrian regime, which will eventually fade away.

http://www.dailytimes.com.pk/default.asp?page=2007\01\16\story_16-1-2007_pg1_6

I actually think it should happen, Unless and until they are a responsible nation, i dont think the world should let them have that capability. Honestly speaking Iran having nuclear capability is not in the best interest of pakistan. Especially with Balochistan brewing, It has been established that they are behind arms training in Baloch area.

Depends on one's definition of a 'responsible nation', what are the criteria to be defined as responsible?

Is Israel more responsible than Iran?

I donot believe that a nuclear Iran is in anyone's interest, certainly not ours.
But a pre emptive srtike could lead to another war in the region and would affect global security.

Only way to persuade Iran to abandon her nuclear program is to strip Israel from its nukes.

Only way to persuade Iran to abandon her nuclear program is to strip Israel from its nukes.

Good point, and follow others....

but its unlikely that it is gonna happen. Instead US would likely try to test its own power against iran. Disarming israel from its nukes would'nt be an easy job to do and will make jewish state more unsecure.

Depends on one's definition of a 'responsible nation', what are the criteria to be defined as responsible?

Is Israel more responsible than Iran?

For one, I hope they should not say WIPE ISRAEL OUT, OR DISTINGRATE LIKE SOVIET UNION, lol . Neo I am not in support of Israel, but that fiasco happened and now it is the time for all us it, just accept it and move on.

Iran is not a country which is accountable to its people, therefore very much irresponsible, it is theological run, where religious ideology and affinities take front seat and humanity way back in the backrow.

Good point, and follow others....

but its unlikely that it is gonna happen. Instead US would likely try to test its own power against iran. Disarming israel from its nukes would'nt be an easy job to do and will make jewish state more unsecure.

Isn't NPT originally designed to encourage nuclear disarmament by the N5 and to prevent others going nuclear?

All we hear is how NPT is being disrespected or threatened by nations like Iran or North Korea but its ok for the N5 to design and test new and more powerful designs. :disagree:

For one, I hope they should not say WIPE ISRAEL OUT, OR DISTINGRATE LIKE SOVIET UNION, lol .
And when Uncle Sam sends threats like 'we'll bomb you back to stone age' its seen as act of breavery?

Neo I am not in support of Israel, but that fiasco happened and now it is the time for all us it, just accept it and move on.
Believe me, most muslim countries would accept Israel once it pulls back from Palestinian territories and Golan and closes down ilegal jewish settlements.

Iran is not a country which is accountable to its people, therefore very much irresponsible, it is theological run, where religious ideology and affinities take front seat and humanity way back in the backrow.
Its also an ancient and developped country with glorious history and moderate people.
Religious idology made Iran a fundamental state under Khomeiny but things are changing, Iran slowly is moving towards democracy again.
By pressurising the regime, US and her allies are not helping the moderate Iranian but only helping the regime to find popular support and strengthen its grip on the nation.

For one, I hope they should not say WIPE ISRAEL OUT, OR DISTINGRATE LIKE SOVIET UNION, lol .
And when Uncle Sam sends threats like 'we'll bomb you back to stone age' its seen as act of breavery?

Believe me, most muslim countries would accept Israel once it pulls back from Palestinian territories and Golan and closes down ilegal jewish settlements.

Its also an ancient and developped country with glorious history and moderate people.
Religious idology made Iran a fundamental state under Khomeiny but things are changing, Iran slowly is moving towards democracy again.
By pressurising the regime, US and her allies are not helping the moderate Iranian but only helping the regime to find popular support and strengthen its grip on the nation.

Very simple, US has more international appeal than theological run Iran, It might be great for muslims;but not for the rest of the world,so i rather these idiotic people dont have the capacity to make mass murder. Do you see Pakistan saying we will wipe out India or vice versa. Uncle Sam said that after 9/11 to pakistan, Neo accept that fact there were/still are miltant organizations in Pakistan and in Afghanistan, 3000 Americans dead, Last time it happened was Pearl Harbourl; people responsible were in these two countries. If you dont corporate they will flatten you, You did the right thing. Nationalism come first.

Iran should have been the target instead of Saddam in my humble opinion.

Believe me, most muslim countries would accept Israel once it pulls back from Palestinian territories and Golan and closes down ilegal jewish settlements..

i didnt see any respect shown for the withdrawals already done by Israel.

Its also an ancient and developped country with glorious history and moderate people..

Doesnt count if its presently run by a fool.

[/B]Religious idology made Iran a fundamental state under Khomeiny but things are changing, Iran slowly is moving towards democracy again.

The Iranian govt dont even have the right to honour an agreement it signed if the supreme council objects.What moving on are you referring to?

Back
Top Bottom