What's new

Japan's ATD-X "Shin-shin" start static trials

I think Japan lack adavnaced aviation jet engine technology, the "Shin-shin"s jet engine: domestic XF5-1 still a modle, not saw prototype yet. (or provide further development ?)

XF5-1 model:
U6917P27T1D687191F3DT20120410154549.jpg

Another way, is Japan to purchase America's mature F404 jet engines for ATD-X. The question is whether American willing to support Japan to develop next-gen fighter ? Currently the jet engine is a problem for new stealth fighter develop.

The U.S has two select, which one is best for their interests ? (Mitsubishi F-2 using G.E's F110-129 jet engine, Americna didn't help Japan to develop domestic aviation jet engine.)
1. Require Japan to buy F-35A
2. Support Japan to develop ATD-X

Whats the deal with engines? Not even Boeing, Bombardier, Lockheed make engines.

These are not the problem, we can create an atomic bomb within a week. Engine problems can be obtained with the help of the United States. Abe amend the Constitution is worth worrying about.
Interesting.
I have no idea why Japanese so self-confidence that they can build nukes within a week, just coz they operating some nuclear power plants ? How Japan get tons of nuclear-weapon level - 96% Uranium, Japan owned hundreds of Uranium atomic centrifuges ? Even Japan had get enough nuclear weapon materials, without nuke explode experiment how Japan can prove u have nuke technology? (U.S, Russia, China, Britain, France, Israel, India, P.a.k.istan, North Korea all ever exploded their nukes to announce nuclear weapons)

The Japan claimed PEACE Country and strongly against Nuclear Proliferation and Nuclear Weapons, another side their ppl said to the world "We can creat an atomic bomb within a week"... such ridiculous words just spoke by Japanese. Contradictory statement!

U.S will help Japan to develop new aviation jet engine for ATD-X, not sell F-35A to Japan? LOL ... I don't know Abe gave what promise to Japanese ppl but this guy can't promise how long he can stand on his desk (Good luck max 5 years). If American could like to help Japan, the F-2 must not looks like F-16.:coffee:

Whats the deal with engines? Not even Boeing, Bombardier, Lockheed make engines.
If ATD-X project can survive, i think it will adopt mature F404-GE-400 jet engines. But the premise is ATD-X project not cancelled after U.S sell F-35A to Japan, and American support Japan continue developing ATD-X project.

Currently i read ATD-X information, still mentioned to use domestic XF-5-1 jet engine... but no prototype appear yet only has the blueprint on the paper.
1548956796856110336.jpg

And Japan ATD-X's engine nozzle to use TVC technology, but no any pic and information to prove Japan official had started TVC test.

American TVC nozzle
9993445945_e877aa3e8b_o.jpg

NASA X-31 prototype
9993498306_007f74764b_o.jpg

Early news about ATD-X's RCS test, it's French help Japan to test ATD-X's RCS not in U.S by American RCS testing laboratory, Japan side said American refuse Japanese to use their RCS devices.
那么在心神的基础上,日本能否研制出新一代国产作战飞机,笔者认为这个不仅仅取决于日本自身,还要看美国的政策,前面提到心神的全尺寸RCS实验是在法国进行的,而不是在美国,根据日方的说法美国拒绝日本使用美国的相关设施,表面的解释是为了防止美国的隐身技术外泄,但是似乎也表明了美国对日本相关计划的态度,也就是说日本F-3隐身战斗机能否面世,美国也是个至关重要的因素。

Flightglobal: Japan may invest Y7.9bn($103million) in ATD-X project
Japan plans to allocate around yen (Y) 7.9 billion ($103 million) in the current fiscal year for research linked to the Mitsubishi Heavy Industries (MHI) ATD-X experimental aircraft programme.

The contract will cover research to develop the aircraft as well as one flying airframe, said Japan's defence ministry, while adding that the Y7.9 billion figure "is yet to be determined."

The defence ministry also confirmed that the experimental aircraft will be powered by two Ishikawajima-Harima Heavy Industries XF5-1 engines. It also reiterated its target of 2014 for a first flight, which will be conducted by MHI. The manufacturer will hand the aircraft to the ministry's Technical Research and Development Institute in the fiscal year ending 31 March 2017.

"The airframe will be designed and manufactured for the purpose of making the flight test on the high-manoeuvrability and stealth technologies, which are the aim of this research project," the defence ministry said.

In keeping with the project's experimental nature, the aircraft will have no advanced sensors or weapons. "The aircraft will not be a fighter plane but an experimental one intended for flight tests."

However, the findings and experience from the ATD-X programme could be used in the future to develop an indigenous stealth aircraft for the Japan Air Self-Defence Force.

Separately, bids for Japan's F-X fighter requirement are due this month. Aircraft in the running include the Boeing F/A-18E/F Super Hornet, Eurofighter Typhoon and the Lockheed Martin F-35 Lightning II.

Officials spending 103million $$ to develop next-gen stealth fighter ??? Good Luck~!

Those 3D TVC used by X-31 are not stealthy. Look at it, it's exposed.

SEOUL, Sept. 24 (Yonhap) -- South Korea decided not to select Boeing's F-15SE as the country's next fighter jet Tuesday amid concern the sole-remaining candidate for the 8.3 trillion won (US$7.2 billion) project is not suitable as it lacks stealth features.
english.yonhapnews.co.kr/national/2013/09/24/15/0301000000AEN20130924005551315F.html

Seems like S.Korea also wish to develop own fifth generation fighter.

Nobody like War, both of Japan and China have as the similar as culture (at least very close) also using HanZi, but HEHE... refer by past hundreds of year:
1. China invaded Japan ZERO(only one failed when Mongolian ruled China)
2. Japan invaded Korea when Ming Dynasty,1st Sino-Japan War when Qing Dynasty, Japan invaded North China when end of Qing, 2nd Sino-Japan War when KMT government, Total War when WWII, DiaoYu island disputes.

I personally think Japan government has the responsibility to teach how recent history Japan development, Japanese youth need to know the War Truth. But it seem Japan politicians feel no guilty, what's the future of Japan when facing Russia, China, Korea? They can directly discuss business with American when Japan keep following U.S.
off topic

You forgot history records of Japanese pirates looting Chinese coastal areas, often backed by Emperors of Japan. I read, for instance, at the end of Yuan Dynasty and in the early of Ming Dynasty, Japanese pirates often harassed Chinese coastal areas, threatening local residence. Chinese local people called these pirates "Wokou".

China and Japan have similar culture and custom. But I don´t understand why Japanese hate you so much, their wartime crimes in China and Singapore were unbelieveably barbaric. I won´t pay a cent for Japanese rhetoric of same skin color, not in the past, neither today. Nuff said.

off topic

You forgot history records of Japanese pirates looting Chinese coastal areas, often backed by Emperors of Japan. I read, for instance, at the end of Yuan Dynasty and in the early of Ming Dynasty, Japanese pirates often harassed Chinese coastal areas, threatening local residence. Chinese local people called these pirates "Wokou".

China and Japan have similar culture and custom. But I don´t understand why Japanese hate you so much, their wartime crimes in China and Singapore were unbelieveably barbaric. I won´t pay a cent for Japanese rhetoric of same skin color, not in the past, neither today. Nuff said.

You know, because China is our neighbor, but they have fertile land, vast area, at least the Korean Peninsula should let the Japanese management, we have very little land, but has a population of 200000000

off topic

Japan, China, North Korea, South Korea, Taiwan. We are the same race, the same color, similar culture, we avoid war and overthrow the dictatorship, East Asia Co-prosperity, can surpass the United States and NATO. But my neighbors unwilling to cooperate.

off topic

After reading ideas from the Japan, now what do you think of Japan's diplomacy ?

Off topic

You know, because China is our neighbor, but they have fertile land, vast area, at least the Korean Peninsula should let the Japanese management, we have very little land, but has a population of 200000000
Local Korean is the host of Korean Peninsula coz they have been living there for thousand years. We all know Japan islands small and 0.2billion popular is huge, but there's no reason for Japanese to take and manage other's lands and the Korean must dislike to be managed by foreigners.

Japan, China, North Korea, South Korea, Taiwan. We are the same race, the same color, similar culture, we avoid war and overthrow the dictatorship, East Asia Co-prosperity, can surpass the United States and NATO. But my neighbors unwilling to cooperate.
Dear tokyoboy, u understand Chinese so must know a old Chinese word "以德服人 / Respect others then obtain other's respects".
In the past too many Korean & Chinese blood on Japanese hands, without Japan's respect & regret the future will still be "my(Japan) neighbors unwilling to cooperate." Honestly Germany did much better than Japan.

Pls spare me the "race" rhetoric. Japan wanted to enslave other Asians, not to bring them prosperity. No wonder that your neighbors were unwilling to "cooperate".

To be fair, Japan today is not Japan of the past. I don´t think Japan will repeat the mistake.

Dear tokyoboy, u understand Chinese so must know a old Chinese word "以德服人 / Respect others then obtain other's respects".
In the past too many Korean & Chinese blood on Japanese hands, without Japan's respect & regret the future will still be "my(Japan) neighbors unwilling to cooperate." Honestly Germany did much better than Japan.

I don't understand your motivation, he already said in Japanese that he wants peace between China and Japan, and felt sorry for the sad history, what do you expect him to do? To kneel down to you here in the forum?

This is a huge topic, and he already expressed regret, I think it's unfair to blame himself, a single person, also half Chinese, for all the fault by fascist.

Back
Top Bottom