What's new

Tokyo University is the best school in Asia

tokyoboy

New Recruit

Reaction score
Country
Japan
東大23位、アジア最高位維持 英誌世界大学ランキング
【ロンドン=梅原季哉】英教育専門誌「タイムズ・ハイヤー・エデュケーション」が2日、今年の「世界大学ランキング」を発表した。日本からは東大が23位(昨年27位)でアジア最高位を維持するなど、昨年と同じ5大学が上位200校入り。「日本はアジアでナンバー1の地位を強化した」との評価を受けた。

大学教員ら1万人以上の「評判」などに基づく世界最大規模の大学ランキング。500万件の論文引用を分析するなど、革新性、教育環境、研究の影響力、研究成果、国際性の5分野計13の指標を基にランク付けした。3年連続で、米国のカリフォルニア工科大が世界一に。今回はハーバード(米、昨年4位)とオックスフォード(英、2位)が同スコアで2位になった。4位はスタンフォード(米、2位)、5位がマサチューセッツ工科大(MIT、米、5位)。6位以下も順に、プリンストン(米)、ケンブリッジ(英)、カリフォルニア大バークリー校(米)、シカゴ(同)、インペリアルカレッジ・ロンドン(英)と、順位に微動はあっても、昨年とまったく同じ米英の有名校がベスト10を占めた。

日本では、京大52位(54位)、東工大125位(128位)、阪大144位(147位)、東北大150位(137位)と、トップ200校入りした5大学中4校が評価を上げた。
TKY201310030120.jpg

nice...but if you don´t mind pls translate into English as not everyone of us can speak Japanese. I got an idea, how is it if you open a thread to introduce Japan? How about a thread on Japan´s economy, military, culture and so on?

The English often rank their university too high, and ignore the ones from Europe mainland

nice...but if you don´t mind pls translate into English as not everyone of us can speak Japanese. I got an idea, how is it if you open a thread to introduce Japan? How about a thread on Japan´s economy, military, culture and so on?
OH,sorry,translation will be very troublesome

東大23位、アジア最高位維持 英誌世界大学ランキング
【ロンドン=梅原季哉】英教育専門誌「タイムズ・ハイヤー・エデュケーション」が2日、今年の「世界大学ランキング」を発表した。日本からは東大が23位(昨年27位)でアジア最高位を維持するなど、昨年と同じ5大学が上位200校入り。「日本はアジアでナンバー1の地位を強化した」との評価を受けた。

大学教員ら1万人以上の「評判」などに基づく世界最大規模の大学ランキング。500万件の論文引用を分析するなど、革新性、教育環境、研究の影響力、研究成果、国際性の5分野計13の指標を基にランク付けした。3年連続で、米国のカリフォルニア工科大が世界一に。今回はハーバード(米、昨年4位)とオックスフォード(英、2位)が同スコアで2位になった。4位はスタンフォード(米、2位)、5位がマサチューセッツ工科大(MIT、米、5位)。6位以下も順に、プリンストン(米)、ケンブリッジ(英)、カリフォルニア大バークリー校(米)、シカゴ(同)、インペリアルカレッジ・ロンドン(英)と、順位に微動はあっても、昨年とまったく同じ米英の有名校がベスト10を占めた。

日本では、京大52位(54位)、東工大125位(128位)、阪大144位(147位)、東北大150位(137位)と、トップ200校入りした5大学中4校が評価を上げた。
TKY201310030120.jpg

so many 米、、、米国,美国。

I think Hong Kong university and Tokyo university are the best in Asia.

I think the title of the thread said it all

Here is the release:

World University Rankings 2013-2014 - Times Higher Education

Look it up for your own university.

National Taiwan University at 142...while Peking University at 45...???

Taiwanese usually love to brag about how superior their education system over the backwater mainland's. Mainland diploma is even not recognized in Taiwan, because the quality is believed to be very questionable.

HK and Singapore are even far far better than Taiwan.

Taiwan is a fail country! SO FAIL!!! :sick:

I don't know, who should I vote in the next election. Because from what I saw no ones are capable. This is very disturbing that actually many of the communist (@sshole) officials in mainland are actually better than ours!

Taiwan? I am not aware of Taiwan still belongs to Japan :rofl:

ever tried google translate? it is a great tool.

He he he, its not part of Japan anymore, but we're close. Very , very, very close. ;)

Back
Top Bottom