What's new

JF-17 Thunder Multirole Fighter [Thread 3]

Status
Not open for further replies.
The above news confirmed what i stated a few days ago. Weapons and Mission Management Computer and HUD. The Chinese WMMC is based on Motorola 88000 series microprocessors where as PAC ones have more powerful ones. Can anyone guess?

Regards

The above news confirmed what i stated a few days ago. Weapons and Mission Management Computer and HUD. The Chinese WMMC is based on Motorola 88000 series microprocessors where as PAC ones have more powerful ones. Can anyone guess?

Regards

Power PC based, Not sure which company, possibly freescale(successor to Motorola semiconductor) since they manufacture chips for aircraft like the Joint strike Fighter which incidentally along with the Jf-17 is the only combat aircraft using C++ for its source code.
If you want to look at one, pop the hood of a car like the Accord or a BMW and you might with a little luck find a power PC sitting around there managing the systems.

Last edited:
i thnk with first batch of jf-17 without refueling prob n bvr is just waste of resources to induct.................................

with or without BVR
With or without refuel pods
With or without French radar/ avionics

it will still do the job and bust its enemy. dont panic & relax

Last edited by a moderator:
all i want to know that in which year the Chinese general made this statement

:china::pakistan::china::pakistan::china:

Hi,

I believe in the last month and a half---his interview is on youtube---he is comparing the abilities of m2k, F 16, J 10 and one other air craft I believe.

He has a graph about the capabiliites of each bird. I am surprised you didnot come across it. Look around you will find it. Or go to chinese defence froum---j 10 ---you will find it. Good Luck.

Regards

Hi,

You were talking about the system itself---the mission management---THAT IS AGREED---. The computer is more powerful---. And I apologize for my comments---.

When they fly side by side---the JF 17 and the BLK 52 in their current form and package---is the JF 17 more potent overall than the BLK 52.

Chinese made a copy of the american Mark 48 torpedoe---I believe the chinese version is the Yu 6---it took them about 30 years to reverse engineer it----the computer chip on that torp is more advanced than the american just because it is newer a function of time-----does that make the torpedoe inexplicably more potent or is it because that is what you have ON THE SHELF and that is what you are going ot put into it.

Nabil-o5---sorry about my comments--I took it for something else---seemingly you meant something different.

Last edited:
Something is better then nothing

which country will give us a aircraft?and we cant afford any western aircraft.

and this decade 2000-2010 will also be callled a lost decade.

and i beleive the the upgrade of the jf-17 if they all come true they will make a jf-17 comparable to f-16 or even better

Now i think If we can get some decent upgardes on JF then i think PAF should go for 250-300 JF17's but if the current or may be some improve variant with chinese tech is what we can have then i think PAF should only go for 150 JF17 and save money for either more J10/FC20 or try to get any European Jet (Rafale best option) even if it is in small numbers. Remember we don't have enough resources that we can just waste our money like we did in the 90's on F7, A5 and old mirages upgrades.
I agree with a senior member here posted that JF17 would have been good if it was inducted in 90's but now its 2010 and india will have its 5th gen fighter by the time we get our Thunder to somewhat decent upgrade.

Something is better then nothing

which country will give us a aircraft?and we cant afford any western aircraft.

and this decade 2000-2010 will also be callled a lost decade.

and i beleive the the upgrade of the jf-17 if they all come true they will make a jf-17 comparable to f-16 or even better

As i said in past.... show me the money and i'll buy you any thing.
PAF is struggling to keep JF-17 programme in operation and GOP doing new defence contracts is beyond belief.
India is trying its best to undo all defence contracts made by last Govt. why they would permit persent govt. for new ones?

Regards

Intel 80386 or 80486

Last edited:

you have to play for a little while

the title are avionics agility fire control air to ground oper cost

M2k B B B B C

f16 A B A A A+

j 10 A A B A- A

Last edited by a moderator:
What an idiot is this fellow and his example.

Racism and bigotry in full view :rofl::rofl:

are these laughters from pain or sorrw or bit of both?
I am sorry if you got offended
sadly all our jokes are religious or racial in nature but very fitting to the situation
I am sure you can quote a lot of Mullah jokes but that wont change the fact

that JF-17 is a decent replacement for the aging fleet with low cost and maintainence & a force multiplier

After going through almost last pages of this thread........I found questions, doubts n rise of eye brows on JF-17 weapons & BVR capabilities.

After going through Sins defence, I think thereshldnt be any question abt JF BVR capability.

Weapons

Fixed weapon includes a GSh-23 dual-barrel 23mm cannon. Alternatively the aircraft can be fitted with a GSh-30 dual-30mm cannon. There are 7 stores stations, including one under the fuselage, 4 under the wings, and 2 wingtip mounted, with up to 3,700kg weapon payload.

The aircraft is callable of ‘beyond-visual-range’ (BVR) attack capability with the PL-12/SD-10 active radar-homing medium-range air-to-air missile (MRAAM) developed by China Leihua Electronic Technology Research Institute (LETRI, also known as 607 Institute). The aircraft also carries two short-range AAMs on its wingtip-mounted launch rails. The options include U.S. AIM-9P and Chinese PL-7, PL-8, and PL-9.

The aircraft can carry a special pod allowing day/night delivery of laser-guided weapons. In addition, it can also carry unguided weapons such as low-drag general-purpose (LDGP) bombs and unguided rocket launchers.

Source

Now, if people have any doubt abt PL-12/SD-10 air to Air missile........?I must say that they should read this...

The PiLi-12 (PL-12) is an active radar-homing ‘beyond-visual-range’ medium-range air-to-air missile (MRAAM) with multiple targets engagement capability, comparable to the U.S. AIM-120 AMRAAM and Russian R-77 (NATO codename: AA-12 Adder) in size and performance. The missile has been developed by Luoyang-based China Academy of Air-to-Air Missile (CAAAM), and has been promoted to the international market under the name SD-10 (SheDian-10).

Also

The PL-12 features four delta wings, four tail fins (control surfaces), and externally mounted wiring harness cover. The specially designed “clipped” tail fins provides lower drag for greater speed and higher torque for better manoeuvrability. Two datalink antennas can be seen next to the nozzle for mid-course correction. With its active radar seeker, the missile is “fire and forget”, without the need of continuous guidance from the carrier aircraft. This enables several missiles to be fired simultaneously at multiple targets.

Source

JF-17 Multirole AC block I has ground role configuration...like H2, H4, RAAD, KLJ-7 (f9 for ground role AC).........so Y people expecting Air-to-Air configuration and longer range radar in grould role AC's.

Wait for Block II, then we will see Air-to Air config with new radar, engine Long and short range Air to Air missiles. :)

with or without BVR
With or without refuel pods
With or without French radar/ avionics

it will still do the job and bust its enemy. dont panic & relax

reminds me of a joke about a contest between a Muslim & Hindu where the Hindu is very shrewd and canny and passes a remark on Muslim in a rhyme

the Muslim suggests that a tree trunk should be the new resting place of the Hindu’s rear

to which the Hindu quickly says. It doesn’t rhyme.

The Muslim says. “Kafia mila ya Nahi mager gand to phut gai na?”

i.e. regardless if it rhymes or not but my response has done the damage

moral of the story? Don’t loose your sleep over what we don’t have in this plane. But what we have is enough to take care of the adversary. Like pointed out earlier that these planes can be used for the ground role as well.
So chill out

(PS MODs. please don’t be offended by the phrase above I didn’t mean to offend anyone but thought that this joke was very much relevant here)

Sir,

These comments are uncalled for. It is not right to be demeaning---indeed the phrase is offensive, prejudicial and shows a very poor judgemental taste of the poster.

This is not what this board represents. We work very very hard to make it look professional in content and approach.

Tear us apart with your logic and knowledgable posts---and we will hum and haw but appreciate your work----but something like this-----it is not acceptable.

My man---you have not seen the current face of the indian you are talking about---he is a very tenacious, professional, smart working, pro active and a resourceful person. Please forget the stories that you have been told about that person.

You will be surprised to see them when you meet them in first person.

A warrior never demeans his enemy.

Hi,

This news about JF 17's electronics as good or better than blk is a piece of BULL---a chinese general is on record stating that the chinese J 10 is behind the F 16 in avionics / electronics---the video is available on the nternet---and here we are talking about the JF 17---.

Just wondering how you came to the conclusion that since J10's electronics/avionics is behind the F-16 then JF-17's must be even worse?

Besides according to your own post and video link, both J-10 and F-16 got a "A" in avionics. Given that JF-17's avionics were developed at a later stage, one would expect them to be better than those of J-10.

Electronics are improving by leaps and bounds every year and from what we have heard, JF-17 has a pretty advanced and integrated avionics suite...that might eventually find its way (even in an improved version) on the J-10b.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom