What's new

JF-17 Thunder Multirole Fighter [Thread 3]

Status
Not open for further replies.
In the real world no body is going to take off like that in combat because it bleeds of energy so unless your engine is providing very good tw you'd be fool to take off like that and bleed energy by the time you reach some altitude the bandit may already have you locked up on his radar.I have seen ADA take off which are the most quick take offs of our F16's.They are tasked to take off within few minutes if enemy is too close to border and they always take off through conventional method.

You might think a short take off to vertical climb is showing off but it can have uses in wartime.

For example, what if you don't have enough runway to do a regular takeoff because it's been bombed and you have to take off from a highway and there are obstacles such as trees and buildings?

52dmgw.jpg

I am not happy with smoke,
will some one explain why, because eu made or us , i think they have not.

Does anyone have any information on a possible 2 engine variant of JF17?

I am not happy with smoke,
will some one explain why, because eu made or us , i think they have not.

Yes its pain but not every JF-17 is exausting smoke, may be these 2 jets on Farnborough r new.

jf17four.jpg

3-2.jpg

But look now light smoke :(

Probably poor quality fuel, from what i have seen the JF-17's are smokeless.

Yes! I am thinking the same thing, look like poor quality smoke otherwise in its all movies we dont see no smoke..:woot:
Maybe PAF tried to save money...using cheap fuel..LOL..:lol:
Anywayz everything is good..whocares if it smokes or not..we just need it to be working and doing its job...:pakistan::pdf:

Last edited:
China Pitches Engine Deal to Russia - Defense News
By TOM KINGTON Published: 26 July 2010

"I hope to get to 9,000 kilograms with our help," he said. "If we can do that, we will help sales." ... ...

... ... Asked if he would seek Russian collaboration on the WS-13, Ma said, "we had discussions, but I prefer to work with them on the RD-93, taking on overhaul capabilities, and I hope to go to 9,000 kilograms with our help."

This above is very interesting for me after the pilot told me they have a TWR of over 1.1. The Chinese might already be modifying the RD-93s before installing them in the Thunders.

I also suspect that here-and-there they are constinually replace parts with advanced lighter-weight materials!

Last edited:
Concerning that take-off run and the 850m, it would be intersting to know the total weight of the fuel it was carry - internal and the three drop tanks! I will check later but if somebody can of has the numbers as hand, please post.

I will analyse the video again when I get a chance but it looks like the 2nd Thunder may have taken-off in a shorter run. You can watch the video and comment.

While I was there I noticed the F-18E smoking a bit too. I understand the amount of smoke (none at all, some or a lot) does not only depend on the engine and fuel quality, but also how agressive the pilot is on the throttle.

ok here is what ,munir, is saying about the dual seater on pakdef

O... I forgot. According the chief test pilot there will be no dual seater. The idea is that we already have superb simulators and they can handle everything till the solo. There are at the moment foreign pilots doing the solo on the plane in China without ever being in the dual seater of a JF17. That shows that we moved away from the dual trainer principle. It decreases number of inactive planes, it removes the development costs, maintenance, spare parts, planes with less fuel or lower ordnance etc etc. Having flown the JF17 sim I think I can agree with the Chief test pilot. And I am looking forward to the newer glasscockpit. We did have some discussions about that. I did like the man machine interface of the Gripen. Like you see the radar picture as it is (side and top view with radar distances, planes and colours). The JF17 display is still al lot like the old Block15 F16 idea. He told that they needed it fast and it will improve faster and further then I would have axpected.

O... The second squadron will be up and running dec 2010. And while the squadron at peshawar is activated as JF17 squadron the planes are stationed at Kamra. Much easier to control and develop first squadron. They will keep the A5 till the JF17 will move...

Ive seen the sim too, wasn't allowed to fly it or more appropriately was stuck with the group I came with.. but the current jet does have analog instruments in it.
I checked Munir's post but interestingly He seems to go off and on about the data-link.. on whether the JF can communicate with the Erieye or not..

Funny thing about Pakdef.. I was banned because I got riled up after being repeatedly accused of being an Indian since I was painting a less than rosy picture about conflict with India.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom