What's new

JF-17 Thunder Multirole Fighter [Thread 4]

Status
Not open for further replies.
i know that but JFT block 2 would have that same missile or SD 10B thats i want to know

Hey,

SD10B has nothing to do with JFT BLK 2. You can use newer missiles on older planes. Just program the computer and the interface if needed. In most cases a newer version of the same missile is improved upon parameters as such like range, speed, guidance accuracy etc. So they are fine to be put on the older JFT blks.

i think he specifically asking about b version of sd-10 missile, i think NO not now currently sd-10a is in, but soon we will upgrade with b version might comes with block-II

Hey,

SD10B has nothing to do with JFT BLK 2. You can use newer missiles on older planes. Just program the computer and the interface if needed. In most cases a newer version of the same missile is improved upon parameters as such like range, speed, guidance accuracy etc. So they are fine to be put on the older JFT blks.

Donatello, but older kJL7 radar can't use sd-10b on its full potential, but yes they can upgrade it and they will, but as for now we dont have any authentic news about using sd-10b, but obviously upgrading to sd-10b is not issue at all.

I have hoped that the Block-2 will be like the ones in my AVATAR and with a dual seat also.

I have hoped that the Block-2 will be like the ones in my AVATAR and with a dual seat also.

I hope so too i been following this baby for a long time since late 80s.

Just a few questions i hope fellow members can answer as reliable as possible
information would be great.

1: How many thunders in each squadron of number 26 and 16?.

2: When is the third squadron of thunders going to be raised and what squadrons will be reequiped?.

3: What squadrons and aircraft will the batch of 50 block 2 thunders going to replace?.

4: Has the range or will the range of thunders is going to increase in block 2 even by a couple of hundred km?.

5: What is our annual production of thunder and what steps have been or will be taken to increase the production rate?.

hOTAKI.

Answers to your questions are as follows.

1. There are 17 thunders in each squdron = 34 THUNDERS in total
2. 3rd squdron is being raised as we speak but should be finished by year end 2012 latest.
3. Thunder has repaced A5 fantans to date only
4. You can not increase range without effecting your weapons load by carrying more fuel or complertely changing he engine. block 2 will be improvements to cockpit radar and more composites no major revolution
5. current induction is around 15 planes per year. based on 40 delivered since early 2010...

i think this is a fairly honest summary of where thunders is going at present

i suspect block 2 will come in 2013 and 50 willbe delivered by 2016 or 100 by 2019

hOTAKI.

Answers to your questions are as follows.

1. There are 17 thunders in each squdron = 34 THUNDERS in total
2. 3rd squdron is being raised as we speak but should be finished by year end 2012 latest.
3. Thunder has repaced A5 fantans to date only
4. You can not increase range without effecting your weapons load by carrying more fuel or complertely changing he engine. block 2 will be improvements to cockpit radar and more composites no major revolution
5. current induction is around 15 planes per year. based on 40 delivered since early 2010...

i think this is a fairly honest summary of where thunders is going at present

i suspect block 2 will come in 2013 and 50 willbe delivered by 2016 or 100 by 2019

yep honest one but lack some info,
till date we have 40 planes in 2 squadrons (confirmed through latest exercise).
50 will come from china (initially delivery date was late 2011)
current production rate is 22-25 per year raised upto 30 per years.
according to some infos we might raised 4-5 squadrons of thunder till end of 2012 ~100 thunder

there we go again...50 arent coming from china..
production of first 50 aircfts has been completed..

there we go again...50 arent coming from china..
production of first 50 aircfts has been completed..

That must have been done to ease the growing tensions at the time.

Anyways, I saw a picture of the dual seater JF-17. Looks brilliant, just like the current JF-17, yet the same. And I have been hinted that, already several JF-17/dual seater variant are produced, atleast a dozen. Possibly in AVIC, not at PAC.

Honestly speaking I was with the procedure that if PAC and CAC has completed the JF-17 last PT-06 with composites, RD-93B, Retractable IFRP and FLIR(may be if available) then after its successful flight test they will going to produce its dual seat with all hte same things that are present on the single seat version. Then PAC has started production on their own for about 110 JF-17s Block-Is with some 30 Dual seat and a separate procurement of 50 Dual seat as AJTs for CCS more over they have only going for the 28 old F-16s Block-15s with the 31 existing being upgraded till 2010 with the funds from PAF side along with the weapons. So if PAC has planned the JF-17 procurement like: 110 JF-17s Block-Is with 30 Dual seat then 110 JF-17s Block-IIs + 30 Dual seat and 110 JF-17s Block-IIIs + some 30 Dual seat(Thing might have stealth as well). And like now they can place an order for 50-70 FC-20P that can they will going to produce at PAC Kamra with CACs help then the situation in 2020 will be totally different.
PAF would have a fleet like that:
330 JF-17s all Blocks
59 F-16s Block-15s MLU-3s
70+ FC-20Ps
and more over the new 5th Generation aircraft would going to start replacing old F-16s as well as strengthening the PAF along with some UAVs and UCAVs.

Another spoonful of honey for taste buds.

From Chinese Military Aviation
:

A further improved version (JF-17A/JF-17 Block 2?) featuring an AESA radar, IRST and IFR probe as well as a two-seat trainer version (JF-17B?) are thought to has been proposed and likely be under development as well.

This is a old article, possibly of late 2010 early 2011 which I found.

Another piece from same source:

...a European high performance radar (e.g. Italian Vixen 1000ES AESA) has been planned in later batches.

That must have been done to ease the growing tensions at the time.

Anyways, I saw a picture of the dual seater JF-17. Looks brilliant, just like the current JF-17, yet the same. And I have been hinted that, already several JF-17/dual seater variant are produced, atleast a dozen. Possibly in AVIC, not at PAC.

Why so?? who is interested in wasting time & money on serial production without finalizing the design?

Last year when AFM published a CGI of dual seat JF-17, most people on forum believed it like word of god. On some forums, discussions were even made on its design. Interestingly, that was work of two free lance aviation enthusiasts. It has nothing to do with dual seat Thunder's design proposed at PAC/CAC.

Point is people buy anything of their interest that comes in the media.

From last week news that 40 JF17 AC's participated in weapon testing, which assures that we have 2 complete SQDs ~[16 each] and third half completed [8 units].

And to my knowledge, so far no new AC's signed between China, Pakistan.....
May be Block II on Papers delay production

Why so?? who is interested in wasting time & money on serial production without finalizing the design?

Last year when AFM published a CGI of dual seat JF-17, most people on forum believed it like word of god. On some forums, discussions were even made on its design. Interestingly, that was work of two free lance aviation enthusiasts. It has nothing to do with dual seat Thunder's design proposed at PAC/CAC.

Point is people buy anything of their interest that comes in the media.
I said so Najam. But I am not sure, if those include prototypes or not. We'll see in 3-4 months. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom