What's new

Lt Gen Asim Munir selected as new army chief

O PaJee,

Do you remember NoorJahan scandal? Yahya and his stiff drinks...

Anyhow, it doesn't matter what you or any Pak think or feel... Nanda.. Nishta. NO!

I am surprised that IK is still talking.. must be some Divine intervention... but they are still bent on killing PMIK.

Deeply hurt about ArshidSharif.... 'they' went too far this time and earned a kala dagh... which is only going to grow.

Regardless, MirJaffar has failed to put Fazlu on the Prazident's Stool... what a pathetic character MirJaffar is... only good at doing his Masters things...

This new COAS ...well... he has served in key posts and is a professional.... now depends what he chooses... better said.... nah... let us leave that out!

Time is the Greatest Judge and Unveiller... so we can only watch and learn...

How is economy.... total default yet?

You all take good care of yourselves....

MirJaffar has wounded Pakistan too deeply.... sonetimes one wonders... BloodBorders.... but who knows... I do still hang on to Quaid e Azam's words about OurLand... gives hope somehow.

Mangus

Paa Jee: Great to hear from you, and, as well, that hope is still live. I sometimes lose the hope and become despondent. May be, it is old age. Prayers for your health and well being. Kindly keep contributing, even if little.

President signing without any drama is a good indication of IK. IMO President should not have gone to IK for consultation. It should have been straightforward.
Well, I am glad that it went smoothly. This was good for Pakistan Army in institutional context as well.

Now is NOT the time to pick fights with Pakistan Army in institutional context. This will damage Pakistan manifold.

Khan is showing political maturity lately. Thankfully.

Khan should be patient and prepare for general elections. Public will give him another chance, inshallah. I will give my vote to Khan again.

Khan should chart a course for how to move this country forward with comprehensive homework for Foreign Affairs and how to fix underdeveloped institutes including Police and Judiciary.

Professional working relationship with Pakistan Army will be helpful.

It's the first time people have shown their power of dislike.

Do you think anyone can sleep peacefully after reading remarks about him on the social media? General Bajwa will probably suffer from mental illness for the rest of his life.

Pakistan's problem has always been the awam.. this awam has made a simple 22 grade officer's position equivalent to a king. It's awam that showers flowers when an army chief overthrows a constitutionally elected government. This time, people have stood up. Now if our politicians play it right, no army chief will dare to go against the wishes of the people. Did you see the face of Bajwa yesterday? It was like he was facing extreme pressure. He wasn't in his senses. And he couldn't do anything.

I have been an admirer and a critic of Imran khan. He has done some mistakes as we all do. He ignored some corruption as well (I won't go into the detail of that). But the best thing he has done so far.. that he has taught Pakistanis that their power is above any 22 grade position. He stood his ground even after he got shot. No other politician has dared to do that before him.

If the new chief follows the foot steps of the old one, he will share the same fate as the previous one. But for now, lets not make him controversial. Just wait for a few days and then decide.

As people, we shouldn't expect anything from him other than non interference of any kind.. whether it's pro government or anti government. He should focus on what he has been hired for and paid for. Any thing more or less, and he will get the wrath of awam. This thing is very much clear.

The real life of B will start now.

All said and done, can IK make an FIR?

We, as a nation, get distracted very easily.

Justice must be done.

No justice, no progress, no economy growth, no investments from local and foreign investors, no industral growth

- 35,000 teargas shells fired on civilians on 25th may, 2022, youth martyred during march, falling from bridge, child died due to teargas, Karachiites were straight fired on by police.. guy died
- Azam Swati torture
- Arshad Shareef martyrdom
- Shahbaz Gill torture
- Civilians homes invaded at midnight, crackdown on PTI MNAs, MPAs in last 8 months.

2 cents: I think it’s best to be patient at this time and let things play out and hope that the new COAS is not like his predecessor otherwise this thread and certain posts will age like old milk as we witnessed in the “extension” thread.

One point though.. if Gen Asim Munir was truly an honorable and dignified fellow..he would have refused to become COAS..as his retirement originally is bfore due date..and he had to be retained..as a special favor..for him to become COAS… why take a special favor for him becoming COAS..from an extremely unpopular govt? Legally..he shouldnt be theCOAS.. any honorable person would refuse such offer…

But i think such an act of dignity of refusing COAS…is too much to ask from an army general… iss mulk main kon power chorta hai.

چلو بھائیوں، اب بند کرو اس بلاگ کو۔
دہی سے مکھن، اور، مکھن کا گھی بن چکا ہے وہ بھی کھانے کے لائق نہیں۔

Whatever has happened in last 8 months, this was all due to appointment of COAS. NS wanted to make his man new COAS and this was no secret. So either NS has change of heart and made Assim Munir new COAS based on merit (if its a merit) or Aasim Munir has given assurances to NS in ongoing tussle with IK in return of making him COAS when Aasim himself is supposedly retiring on 26th Nov 3 days before the retirement of Bajwa. So if you think NS has made Aasim Munir based on merit, its you choice but don't expect others to follow you.

NS has given favour to Aasim and you think NS don't expect anything in return.
One of the stupidest posts I have ever read! Shows how pea brained some people here are.

Son, neither nawaz sharif is so stupid to ask for such assurances nor is any general (ANY!) stupid enough to provide such assurances.

You have a lot to learn if this is your thinking. Preferences are made on reports, perceptions, chatter from those who might know about views/leaning of certain generals.

If one was to think like you, musharraf gave assurance to NS before becoming COAS that he would boot him out and put him in jail for life!:lol:

Oh and Bajwa must have assured NS that he would remove him as PM and get him disqualified for life. :lol:

Did I forget Raheel Sharif's assurances? Well let's leave it for another day.

You have a lot to learn.

All I asked you is to refrain from giving silly sweeping statements without knowing anything. Give the man a chance to show his stuff. Then criticize him all you want.

Woah!!!

Welcome Mr. Asim and Mr Sahir...

Hopefully things would improve for Karachi and Pakistan :)

:pakistan:

The imported government must be sent back home before it does more damage to the already crippled economy.

Free and Fair Elections as soon as possible.

Woah!!!

Welcome Mr. Asim and Mr Sahir...

Hopefully things would improve for Karachi and Pakistan :)

:pakistan:

No, we Karachiites still dont want your politically engineered MQM or PakSarZameen party.

Back
Top Bottom