What's new

Lt.Gen Qamar Javed Bajwa the new COAS - Lt.Gen Zubair Hayat new CJCSC.

Congrats Banwa sahab. I am not happy with the decision as it is not based on merit and seniority. They are chosen not keeping Pakistan on mind but keeping Sharif family and their interests.

Its the time to take this operation in Punjab and eliminate all takfiri and sectarian terrorists.

Good Luck Gen. Bajwa.

Ashfaq Nadeem was the favorite choice of officers of Pak Army, but he is rumored to have been very blunt in conversations with the PM so of course the coward wasn't going to choose him.
It is the prerogative of the PM to appoint the COAS. He has the right to choose someone with whom he is comfortable. It is absolutely normal in every damn country on this planet except Pakistan. If General Ashfaq Nadeem was blunt and disrespectful, then obviously the PM would not appoint him. It happens all the time even in the First World.

Army officers, senior or junior, have no right to have any say in this matter. There are supposed to do their job just like any government servant.

And Pakistanis must get used to the unpalatable idea of civilian supremacy in a modern democratic environment. One can criticise the decision of the PM but no one can question his authority.
--------------------------------------
Though I dislike Imran Khan but if he (or any Mr/Ms. XYZ) were the PM, I would recognize his authority as it is a democratic norm.

Gen Zubair is a second generation officer. His father retired as a major general, while two of his brothers are generals: Pakistan Ordnance Factories Wah Chairman Lt Gen Omar Hayat and Inter-Services Intelligence DG (Analysis) Maj Gen Ahmad Mahmood Hayat. :enjoy:

Hope others who were supersedwd won't retire. The can proudly serve this beautiful country. People should not consider themselves larger than life. Everyone does not get the honor to serve Pakistan at this level.
On another note, Hamid Gul could have become COAS, after unexpected death of Asif Nawaz Janjua if he would not have taken early retirement. But Asif Nawaz stupidly sent him to HIT to repair and upgrade T-59s :)
That was a blow to someone like Hamid Gul.

Why so many spreading the false rumours of him being Ahmadi?

First of all even if he is what the F is news about it. Are we so damn divided that we can't even tolerate this?

Anyway its completely false but hey I an expecting our C grade breaking news hungry media to pick this and make it controversial.

This and that he served under general bikram Singh in Congo at the UN mission. How long till the dregs of our media and society call him an Indian agent.

wtf is wrong with you guys?

Oh there is a lot of things wrong with these people. I don't even know where to begin.

Najam Sethi PM mouthpiece revealed this week ago. Gen Bajwa as COAS, Gen Hayat as JCOSC.
He did not. I'm assuming you didn't watch his show. He implied that one person had been removed from consideration due to his bluntness. That was all.

He did say that Zubair would get chairmanship due to seniority which isn't a surprising result.

Good luck to our new COAS, hope he keeps his politically active military elements in line. We need to remain focused in Baluchistan, Karachi and our western border.

No they won't

no they won't be retiring as all the 4 senior most officers r from the same course n hence no one is superceding as one.
They only retire according to army tradition...when a junior officer assumes command supperceding a senior officer....n this is not just for the office of coas but for all positions....my father did the same when he was superceded by a junior officer.

Chivalry rules should be relaxed for Lt. GENERALS..
;)

Congradulation to new person in charge and same time thank you folks who were in consideration their services to country are always in high regard

First of all even if he is what the F is news about it. Are we so damn divided that we can't even tolerate this?

Anyway its completely false but hey I an expecting our C grade breaking news hungry media to pick this and make it controversial.

This and that he served under general bikram Singh in Congo at the UN mission. How long till the dregs of our media and society call him an Indian agent.

Oh there is a lot of things wrong with these people. I don't even know where to begin.
Hindu trolls...

Back
Top Bottom