What's new

Mughals used to celebrate Holi with much enthusiasm

My alone contention is look at their deeds from humane perspective.

To me, anyone who doesn't respect the human life is a murderer irrespective of what cast creed or religion he/she belongs to except a case of self defence.

Would you have praised hitler arduously as you do for Jehangir if you had found him celebrating Jews festival?
Here we go again, Indian spinning without any proof, let me put it simply, Had Mughal's done what you falsely claim, there would by no Hindu left and they would have only existed on special place made for them. Look around and learn the truth.

But than your hatred of Muslims stops you from learning the truth.

Respecting the local citizens religion was pivotal to the growth of both the Delhi Sultanate and the Mughals. Secular law was the means for local leaders to create a conducive environment for their subjects. They even had Hindu generals in their armies. There is much to learn from Akbar's Din E Elahi and the general Mughal tolerance for Pakistan today. Muslims can rule over non muslim subjects through respecting them and making them feel a part of the nation. This is how our minorities should feel about Pakistan, equal, safe and secure citizens of the country.
What is there to learn from Akbar 's deen e alahi?

Respecting the local citizens religion was pivotal to the growth of both the Delhi Sultanate and the Mughals. Secular law was the means for local leaders to create a conducive environment for their subjects. They even had Hindu generals in their armies. There is much to learn from Akbar's Din E Elahi and the general Mughal tolerance for Pakistan today. Muslims can rule over non muslim subjects through respecting them and making them feel a part of the nation. This is how our minorities should feel about Pakistan, equal, safe and secure citizens of the country.
Sorry respecting Hindu beliefs or accepting/adopting Hindu beliefs are two different things. You cannot compromise the essence of your own religious belief for sake of pleasing others. Deen -e Ilahi wa nothing but just the mixture of Hinduism and Islam created for political interests

Sorry respecting Hindu beliefs or accepting/adopting Hindu beliefs are two different things. You cannot compromise the essence of your own religious belief for sake of pleasing others. Deen -e Ilahi wa nothing but just the mixture of Hinduism and Islam created for political interests
I don't think Din E Elahi was a religion. If so it would have millions of followers today on account of it being promoted by rulers like the Mughals. We all know how Hinduism replaced Jainism and Buddhism in the sub continent because some leaders converted to Hinduism like Ashoka. Leaders adopting and promoting a religion changes the religious demographic.

Din e Ilahi was more of a movement ordered to have an understanding of religion and respect for religions other than your own. There are multiple interpretations of it, some very hostile towards it.

Some say Din E Ilahi was a seperate religion formed through a link of Hinduism but I believe this is wrong. Every secular movement in history has been demonized, from Roshaniya to Muta'zilla. We need to adopt a more liberal view. We invented the secular system yet are deprived from its benefits due to a very orthodox interpretation of religion. European Christianity has gone through major reform yet we do not want this reform. Without doubt we are stuck in the 7th century.

Mughal history is filled with the same problems muslims have today. From Dara Shikoh to Din E Elahi to them celebrating Holi has been politicized by the more conservative muslims who do not let anyone ask questions or promote a new understanding of Islam according to modern times. Even Allama Iqbal was in favor of ijtehad and development of a new Islamic identity according to modern times.

I don't think Din E Elahi was a religion. If so it would have millions of followers today on account of it being promoted by rulers like the Mughals. We all know how Hinduism replaced Jainism and Buddhism in the sub continent because some leaders converted to Hinduism like Ashoka. Leaders adopting and promoting a religion changes the religious demographic.

Din e Ilahi was more of a movement ordered to have an understanding of religion and respect for religions other than your own. There are multiple interpretations of it, some very hostile towards it.

Some say Din E Ilahi was a seperate religion formed through a link of Hinduism but I believe this is wrong. Every secular movement in history has been demonized, from Roshaniya to Muta'zilla. We need to adopt a more liberal view. We invented the secular system yet are deprived from its benefits due to a very orthodox interpretation of religion. European Christianity has gone through major reform yet we do not want this reform. Without doubt we are stuck in the 7th century.

Mughal history is filled with the same problems muslims have today. From Dara Shikoh to Din E Elahi to them celebrating Holi has been politicized by the more conservative muslims who do not let anyone ask questions or promote a new understanding of Islam according to modern times. Even Allama Iqbal was in favor of ijtehad and development of a new Islamic identity according to modern times.
You should ask yourself why Akbar felt the need to create this " Deen-E-Ilahi when Islam already respect the rights of non Muslims and give them this freedom to practice their beliefs. Deen-e-Ilahi was simply pick and choose from Hinduism, Islam and others religion in attempt to make everyone happy as he wanted to unite his empire under one religion . Deen -e_Ilahi was simply heterodox interpretation of Islam and was taken as extremely blasphemous thats why this heretical doctrine was strongly opposed by Shiekh Ahmad Sirhindi known as Mujadid Alif saani. Akbar deen ailahi is still being practised by so called secular Muslim celebrities in India i.e abdul kalam, shah rukh, salman, javed akhtar i.e where its all fine to marry with Mushrik even when Islam clearly declare such marriage as invalid and where nothing is wrong to keep morti and mandir and hindu bhgawaan in your house and worshipping all of them by saying raam bhagwan sab ek ..sab ko poojo aur sab janta/fans ko kush karoo :D

Mughals were better and more tolerant than the current govt of india.

You should ask yourself why Akbar felt the need to create this " Deen-E-Ilahi when Islam already respect the rights of non Muslims and give them this freedom to practice their beliefs. Deen-e-Ilahi was simply pick and choose from Hinduism, Islam and others religion in attempt to make everyone happy as he wanted to unite his empire under one religion . Deen -e_Ilahi was simply heterodox interpretation of Islam and was taken as extremely blasphemous thats why this heretical doctrine was strongly opposed by Shiekh Ahmad Sirhindi known as Mujadid Alif saani. Akbar deen ailahi is still being practised by so called secular Muslim celebrities in India i.e abdul kalam, shah rukh, salman, javed akhtar i.e where its all fine to marry with Mushrik even when Islam clearly declare such marriage as invalid and where nothing is wrong to keep morti and mandir and hindu bhgawaan in your house and worshipping all of them by saying raam bhagwan sab ek ..sab ko poojo aur sab janta/fans ko kush karoo :D
I think this version of events is a conservative view of the situation. I do not agree with it, needless to say. I think it was an Islamic monarchs attempt to build inter faith harmony. Every such event is called anti Islamic or heretical. Islamic secular movements have always been demonized by the pious thekedars of Islam but in actuality they are causing damage to the religion. As I said I do not believe Din E Ilahi was a religion. Rather it was a way of thinking a minor school of thought like Ibn Rushd's philosophy or the muta'zilli movement. Both were denounced by local conservative scholars

Back
Top Bottom