What's new

Musharraf 're-arrested' over Lal Masjid operation.

Lal Masjid Operation: Musharraf under arrest again – The Express Tribune

So are the moroons running out of reasons to Keep him under Arrest. But douchebags dont know that they embolding terrorists.

Don't care who is doing what, did you know Former Turkish Army Chief gets life sentence to prison for planning coup plot and you still think mush is innocent. If you think Military coup is legal than declare constitutional monarchy. Coup, planning coup, martial law, arrest of CJP [forget who CJ is lets discuss arrest], suspending Constitution of Pakistan, imposing emergency twice, double NRO, you people are severely handicapped mentally to think everything done was normal..

ISLAMABAD: Former President Pervez Musharraf, who had only just managed to secure his release following bail being granted in the Akbar Bugti murder case, found himself under arrest again for the charge of murdering the ‘prayer leader’ of Lal Masjid, Abdul Rasheed Ghazi during the infamous 2007 operation, Express News reported on Thursday.

“We have put General Musharraf under house arrest in a case involving a military operation on an Islamabad mosque,” Muhammad, Rizwan, a senior official of the Islamabad police told reporters.
“We will present him before a court on Friday,” Rizwan added, after visiting Musharraf’s plush villa at the edge of Islamabad, which has been declared a sub-jail.

Police had earlier refused a request by leaders of the Red Mosque to name General Musharraf as a suspect in the case of a military raid in 2007 which saw dozens killed including one of the administrators. On orders from the Islamabad High Court, though, a case was finally registered against Musharraf on September 2, for the murder of Abdul Rashid and his mother during the Lal Masjid operation, paving way for Thursday’s arrest.

The case was filed after Haroon Rasheed, the son of Abdul Rasheed Ghazi, submitted an application at the Aabpara police station for the registration of an FIR against the former president for involvement in the death of Haroon’s father and grandmother. In the application, Rasheed had referred to about 20 pages of the Lal Masjid Commission report, which hold the former president responsible for the operation.

“Over 300 witnesses had testified in the Lal Majid commission report that the operation was conducted on the directives of Pervez Musharraf,” he said. He also referred to Musharraf’s statement during his Bolan visit on July 7, 2007 in which he gave an ultimatum — leave the mosque or you will be killed. “Later he acted upon his statement and killed Abdul Rasheed Ghazi and others during the operation,” Rasheed wrote.

Party says Musharraf will apply for bail again A party spokesman confirmed the arrest saying they will now apply for bail in the latest case. “Yes, Police have officially arrested General Musharraf and put him under house arrest. We will file his bail application soon,” Muhammad Amjad, secretary General of Musharraf’s All Pakistan Muslim League (APML), told AFP.

On Wednesday, Musharraf was granted bail by a three-judge bench of the Supreme Court in the Bugti murder case on account of insufficient evidence against the accused. The indicted former president had already received bail in the Benazir Bhutto assassination case and the judges’ detention case.

Reminds me of a monopoly game where you come out after the third turn to land on community chest:
6131254735_e03fa7c440.jpg

I am not for holding Musharraf accountable for his actions in office. He did it as a member of the government not for his own personal gains, the constitution provided him the right to make such decisions.

Just my two cents.

Reminds me of a monopoly game where you come out after the third turn to land on community chest:
6131254735_e03fa7c440.jpg

One word Pathetic!

good for his security. he is a liability !

There is a reason why your re-instated judge is called 'cheap justice' and 'scum of the earth'.

@OP there is already running thread.. why spam`?

I am not for holding Musharraf accountable for his actions in office. He did it as a member of the government not for his own personal gains, the constitution provided him the right to make such decisions.

Just my two cents.

A constitution which he initially violated by his takeover. In essence, you and I did not put him into office. His decisions for the fate of 140 million Pakistanis were his alone and you and I had no say in him being in that position to make those. Hence, he is much more so accountable as compared to say the Sharifs or the Bhuttos who were still essentially brought into office by the votes of Pakistanis.

Don't care who is doing what, did you know Former Turkish Army Chief gets life sentence to prison for planning coup plot and you still think mush is innocent. If you think Military coup is legal than declare constitutional monarchy. Coup, planning coup, martial law, arrest of CJP [forget who CJ is lets discuss arrest], suspending Constitution of Pakistan, imposing emergency twice, double NRO, you people are severely handicapped mentally to think everything done was normal..

There was no coup it was counter coup... which turned out to be supported by masses.
Constitutionally the whole operation was sanctioned by judiciary, members of constitutional assembly and members of civil society.

A constitution which he initially violated by his takeover. In essence, you and I did not put him into office. His decisions for the fate of 140 million Pakistanis were his alone and you and I had no say in him being in that position to make those. Hence, he is much more so accountable as compared to say the Sharifs or the Bhuttos who were still essentially brought into office by the votes of Pakistanis.

In essence he (PM) did not decided for a coup.. he may have prayed for a safe landing, which he was granted after.. what you call a coup.
I thought Sharif is in office due to fake votes, degrees and amending constitution to suit him self.

In essence he (PM) did not decided for a coup.. he may have prayed for a safe landing, which he was granted after.. what you call a coup.
I thought Sharif is in office due to fake votes, degrees and amending constitution to suit him self.

That is one account, in essence he was still the democratically elected prime minister based on the system of the state. The counter coup as you will, would have had some legitimacy had it been done on the lines of holding immediate elections again. But that did not happen, did it?

P.S, how did you gauge the masses opinion without a widespread media and polls?

True, then a better option in my view would be to hold him, Zia and Ayub accountable (posthumously for the latter two). Let's go at the source of the problem.

That is one account, in essence he was still the democratically elected prime minister based on the system of the state.

What kind of system of state define... to appoint second army chief, while other first one is still rendering his duties?

True, then a better option in my view would be to hold him, Zia and Ayub accountable (posthumously for the latter two). Let's go at the source of the problem.

We shall always talk to move forward... going back will only waste time of nation.

Anyhow, both a.m. gentlemen were assets of Pakistan.

Exactly, the problem started with Ayub who was responsible for derailing the constitutional formation in the first place. From the get go the man engineered his rise to power. But then, one could say the musical chairs farce that was Pakistani governance in the early days(due to people like Daulatana and others) was worse. However, there are more narratives that implicate Ayub in framing events like the Rawalpindi conspiracy.

What kind of system of state define... to appoint second army chief, while other first one is still rendering his duties?

And therefore there are provisions in the state law to hold Nawaz Sharif accountable. At worst, this was what Musharraf could have done to actually fix Pakistan was put Nawaz on trial instead of bowing to the Saudis and letting him go while holding immediate elections. But then, who are we to judge men of character.

Yeah, as though terrorists started their activities after his arrest only..........People will remember Mushy for giving terrorism to Pakistana nd allowing drone attacks on Pakistani people (first ever Pakistani president to allow such a coward act). He proved the Washington post cartoon in which he (mushy)9 was shown as US's loyal dog.

Lal Masjid Operation: Musharraf under arrest again – The Express Tribune

So are the moroons running out of reasons to Keep him under Arrest. But douchebags dont know that they embolding terrorists.

Back
Top Bottom