What's new

PAF should've invested more on J-10s rather than JF-17s

What are the PAF requirement so unique that it becomes useless for PLAAF, but of very high usefulness and value to PAF?
If cost was the only factor, then does it make any sense for PLAAF to go for a more expensive plane for almost the same capabilities of JF17, even though JF17 is designed, developed and manufactured in China?

Its being manufactured in Pakistan.
Please look into facts before making ones up yourself to drive your point home.

Every airforce's operational requirements are different... why was the Rafale rejected by all others before the IAF accepted it?
Why are the IAF requirements so unique?
Again, asking condescending questions can go both ways..

flying in air show is no serious business....it is about the relative strength....

anyway last time I read about jf-17 in some non pakistani and indian forum ..they were saying it is "happy hour fighter"..no offence

The last time we read about the Rafale and MKI in other forums.. they were regarded as the Crappy frog fighter and Suckoi..
no offence.

What are the PAF requirement so unique that it becomes useless for PLAAF, but of very high usefulness and value to PAF?
If cost was the only factor, then does it make any sense for PLAAF to go for a more expensive plane for almost the same capabilities of JF17, even though JF17 is designed, developed and manufactured in China?

Pakistan is a much smaller country than china...so jf-17 didnt need to be large and long range....unlike j-10 which is large and long range for a large country china.
so there is one major difference between the needs of PAF and PLAAF...in addition to many...

Every airforce's operational requirements are different... why was the Rafale rejected by all others before the IAF accepted it?
Why are the IAF requirements so unique?
Again, asking condescending questions can go both ways..
Rafale has been mostly rejected due to political reasons and cost. Not due to it's capabilities, which have been proven after MMRCA trials and Swiss eval. report leak [or was it Swede].
Now don't go offtopic :mod: :lol:
BTW, since JF-17 is a low-end jet what is the high end jet of PAF. 18 Blk52+ and 40 or so MLU's. No offence but that 's a little too low.

Rafale has been mostly rejected due to political reasons and cost. Not due to it's capabilities, which have been proven after MMRCA trials and Swiss eval. report leak [or was it Swede].
Now don't go offtopic :mod: :lol:
BTW, since JF-17 is a low-end jet what is the high end jet of PAF. 18 Blk52+ and 40 or so MLU's. No offence but that 's a little too low.

Still people never bought it, even Singapore did not.. Swiss reports or not..point being.. low blows go both ways for smart alecs.

The F-16 both MLU'ed and the Block-52's were supposed to be the second tier.. the body punchers..
And the FC-20 was to take the high end.

Still people never bought it, even Singapore did not.. Swiss reports or not..point being.. low blows go both ways for smart alecs.

The F-16 both MLU'ed and the Block-52's were supposed to be the second tier.. the body punchers..
And the FC-20 was to take the high end.
Looking at China's internal combustion..I mean consumption, it might take some time to get FC-20 of which there has been no government confirmation, I suppose.
Never mind. What are you guys gonna do till then. And no offence but J-10B or FC-20 isn't really a significant capability addition over Blk52's.

Looking at China's internal combustion..I mean consumption, it might take some time to get FC-20 of which there has been no government confirmation, I suppose.
Never mind. What are you guys gonna do till then. And no offence but J-10B or FC-20 isn't really a significant capability addition over Blk52's.

How do you know? what are the specifications for the J-10B? the radar, the EW.. other sensors..
range, maneoverability?
Do you have figures or facts?

How do you know? what are the specifications for the J-10B? the radar, the EW.. other sensors..
range, maneoverability?
Do you have figures or facts?
So what. Do you expect me or any sane person to believe the unending tales of 'AESA radar, advanced avionics[:rofl:], extensive use of composites'.
So well yeah, I do not know, but that doesn't prove my argument invalid.
As there isn't any government confirmation over 'FC-20', there isn't any reason for it to be even brought into arguments. Low blows go both ways.:P

Su-30 MKK MKKII and SU-27/J-11 variants are still in service

They don't belong to Soviet era, right??? Su-30MKK is developed after Soviet collapse.

Even our J-11 is updated, you take a look inside the cockpit, you will know what is Soviet antique and what is not...

So what. Do you expect me or any sane person to believe the unending tales of 'AESA radar, advanced avionics[:rofl:], extensive use of composites'.
As there isn't any government confirmation over 'FC-20', there isn't any reason for it to be even brought into arguments. Low blows go both ways.:P

That means you are just BS,right ??..

Funny cuz the last time people were doubting J-20's .... and every one knows who got the last laugh... :devil:

REGARDS PDF...MEMBERS.

We are adult enough to know by now several factors come into play when selecting fighter for your AIR DEFENSE regardless of whom you are.

Doctrine and goal is fine BUT equally these come even higher than doctrine or goal

YOUR BUDGET to buy
Your political allegience
Your threat to sanctions
Operational cost of life span
TOT transfer of technology
FLEET MIX YOUR AIRFORCE requires

Thunder met the above requirements for PAF & J10/FC20 did the same for PLAAF.

I would argue J10 role in PLAAF is the same role JFT THUNDER plays in PAF.

As for RAFALE it is common knowledge that in nearly all MMRCA competitions it has outscored /out performed all comers BAR F35 lightening in last 5 years.

ITS BIG HICCUP was its unit cost and FRENCH relunctance of TOT.

To win indian MMRCA french gave up those restrictions HAS the order is so huge

Agent nobody
So basically .. you know jack.. and have nothing to contribute here except sarcasm and cynicism..
low-quality posts I guess is the term..

what part of your post is not sarcastic or cynical that it should be replied seriously to?
Or at least given a second thought by a 'sane self-respecting' person.

Cheap shots only come one way..

So basically .. you know jack.. and have nothing to contribute here except sarcasm and cynicism..
low-quality posts I guess is the term..
Two words. Spider-man fallacy.[Doesn't work on me]
If your majesty is so well aware about J10 then why don't you share it with us.

What has it proven till date? Just what exactly? Is there any proof of sensor fusion? Is there any proof of it's supermanouverability akin to say, flankers? All we know is that there are two prototypes flying in the air using known methods of stealth reduction on a known airframe.[not my words].

J20

Remember, it still underpower. Once WS-15 are install, if will perform even better.

Take note of the video from 4.15min onwards until 5.20min...

Two words. Spider-man fallacy.[Doesn't work on me]
If your majesty is so well aware about J10 then why don't you share it with us.

Why should I?
You just posted a pointless tirade on how your "holier than thou" self isnt worth convincing .

Since both the JF-17 and j-10 are run of the mill, i guess MKI wins all the battles, but isn't $10 billion alot to spend to counter Bangladeshi Fulcrums or was it Sri Lankan Kfirs. !!

Damn. Now that's what i call crash 'n burn. :lol:

Back
Top Bottom