What's new

PAF should've invested more on J-10s rather than JF-17s

Since both the JF-17 and j-10 are run of the mill, i guess MKI wins all the battles, but isn't $10 billion alot to spend to counter Bangladeshi Fulcrums or was it Sri Lankan Kfirs. !!

nah! it was just to get the kickbacks for Indian politicians.. ;)

JF-17 projec is older than J-10, it was super 7 when pakistan invested in it...
Pakistan incororated their experience with F-16 into the ptoject and came up with a plane they know inside out..has no strings attached..spares are in abundance at good price..is highly upgradable without major modifications....can work with many different types of weapons and avionics.
The software is Pakistans own.....

none of this would have been possible with anh other aircraft including j-10.

Looking at

THE J10 & J20 makes us realise THE CHINEASE have made huge strides and honestly feel its only a matter of time before the PAF will have access to this very impressive technology and very economical cost.

PAF has a very limited BUDGET the chinease ARE A GOD SEND to you people

Looking at

THE J10 & J20 makes us realise THE CHINEASE have made huge strides and honestly feel its only a matter of time before the PAF will have access to this very impressive technology and very economical cost.

PAF has a very limited BUDGET the chinease ARE A GOD SEND to you people
the point is no one in the world except UK and USA shares very secretive technology. I doubt China will share it with anyone n till NATO n USA is sitting in Afghanistan no chance.

j-10 is a chinese project and PAF investing in it would have cut the pakistani engineers from gaining experience in designing a new aircraft, which they gained in the jf-17.
it would have been nice if paf invested on both.

p.s:my knowledge on chinese projects a limited.correct me if i had said anything wrong

Mr. Razgriz 19. I like the title Key Board Warrior. I might change my forum name to that. There is an old story (and I am not sure about authenticity of it. May God forgive me if I am saying something which may not be true) about Prophet Abraham. When he was throne in the fire, there was a little (as per the story) bird bringing water, in her small little beak, trying to put out the fire. Someone asked the little bird that what do you think you are doing? You think water in your small little beak would put out this big of a fire. The bird replied I don't know that but I know this when on the day of judgement my creator would ask me that what have you done when my Abraham was burning in the fire? Then I would reply that God I did what ever I could as per the capabilities you have created me with. So got my point about "keyboard Warrior".

Rest of the stuff just lame argument. As far as other factors sir you don't have a choice. As per Great Z A Bhutto we shall eat grass but we will have the nuclear capability. All you need a resolve. And above all it is just my opinion. I have no power need I say. The policy is stupid and wrong.

you do realize that thats the kind of thinking North Korean leaders have.
we have Nuclear bombs and no we don't have to eat more grass just to buy a few fighters that we will probably never gonna use in war. btw i never called your arguement useless or stupid. all i said was there are more informed people out there in PAF and they know what they are doing!

Read earlier post.
If this is what u wanted me to see
Rafale is disaster in terms of price BUT for the air force that has nothing else left and the last card to play Rafale is (correction was) one of those options that is Technology and superiority..

Than ive seen it... and my stance remains the same...

"Why induct a fighter that we will only have like 30 odd at best....while more than half of your fleet is lower or just on the margin of 4th gen standards (PG and ROSE avionics upgrades).. thats where JF-17 comes in and fills numbers and also is a generation ahead of what it replaces.."

So what. Do you expect me or any sane person to believe the unending tales of 'AESA radar, advanced avionics[:rofl:], extensive use of composites'.
So well yeah, I do not know, but that doesn't prove my argument invalid.
As there isn't any government confirmation over 'FC-20', there isn't any reason for it to be even brought into arguments. Low blows go both ways.:P
why do you guys get so retarded?
China’s J-10B fighter to Pak worries India - India - DNA
China Officially Offers Pakistan J-10 Variant | Defense News | defensenews.com
Are these two links enough or should I need post further?

j-10 is a chinese project and PAF investing in it would have cut the pakistani engineers from gaining experience in designing a new aircraft, which they gained in the jf-17.
it would have been nice if paf invested on both.

p.s:my knowledge on chinese projects a limited.correct me if i had said anything wrong
Btw just to correct the accounts. J-10 has its first flight on March 23, 1998.
PAF signed JFT contact in June 1999 after official invitation by CAC. That's essentially one year after the J-10 had made its first flight already. Now I think this should be enough to clear out any doubts. Further, be reminded that JFT program was not funded by PLAAF (J-10 was a PLAAF funded project) but privately funded program of CAC. So since the development costs were contributed by PAF and CAC. JFT represented an economical choice for JFT rather than J-10 in which she had no funding contribution, nor was invited to make any. All the redesigning and weapons integration program show that how serious PAF is in bringing JFT on par with modern aircrafts.

Btw just to correct the accounts. J-10 has its first flight on March 23, 1998.
PAF signed JFT contact in June 1999 after official invitation by CAC. That's essentially one year after the J-10 had made its first flight already. Now I think this should be enough to clear out any doubts. Further, be reminded that JFT program was not funded by PLAAF (J-10 was a PLAAF funded project) but privately funded program of CAC. So since the development costs were contributed by PAF and CAC. JFT represented an economical choice for JFT rather than J-10 in which she had no funding contribution, nor was invited to make any. All the redesigning and weapons integration program show that how serious PAF is in bringing JFT on par with modern aircrafts.

in 98 the J10 project was very 'hush/hush' with wild speculations that it is a copy of the israeli Lavi program and the heavy involvement of the russian aero industry (latter being the reality). i've stated many times as well as provided proof of china experts that J10 will only surface in PAF colors when the engine of the a/c is 100% chinese.

in 98 the J10 project was very 'hush/hush' with wild speculations that it is a copy of the israeli Lavi program and the heavy involvement of the russian aero industry (latter being the reality). i've stated many times as well as provided proof of china experts that J10 will only surface in PAF colors when the engine of the a/c is 100% chinese.
ok j-10 is up and running...but
is there any official declaration on j-10b that its operational? i think not..
Its still in testing phase and all those saying PAF had bought J-10b instead of JF-17 are ignoring this fact.

china has offered j-10b to pakistan...but that doesnt mean its ready...its not..
there is a video of J-20 being tested on 7th may 2012..and you can see j-10b in the background...still in yellow colour..

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom