What's new

Pakistan And India-Water Disputes-News And Updates

There is a huge (open) sewage in Lahore, which comes from India and then end up in river Ravi.

Couple of years back polio virus was discovered from it.

I have no doubt that India had planted that virus and can do so again. India ability to stop the flow of water and release it at will is a great security risk for Pakistan.

What are Pakistan's plan to reciprocate to imminent biological war?

Should Pakistan reciprocate militarily or diplomatically or just sleep over as it is already ignoring this particular sewage which i just mentioned?

1.u cant scrap it, india would've no international cred left, the world would see that u have a habbit of abandoning pacts acc to mood shifts..
2. U cant cause if u do, china would block urs and water could become a real issue, we might even attack u and believe me, if u can see past ur bollywood chest thumping for a sec, it would not augur well for u..

Such treaties can be scrapped, there are many precedences, and we can scrap it.

Which water China can block that puts us in danger?

Feel free to attack India...

India alone cannot change it the treaty was between bilateral parties otherwise India get sanctioned

Sanctioned by Pakistan I guess........that's okay..

Oh dear, your government and analysts don't think so. Oh by the way, there are two more rivers aside the Brahmaputra. You look like a troll account as well, I see you joined yesterday.

I wouldn't quote most of our strategic thinkers who think along these lines , if I were you.I for one believe , it's only a matter of time before China proceeds full steam ahead with diversion of the Brahmaputra's waters even without India abrogating the IWT treaty .Guess what will these strategic thinkers come up with then.They'd blame it on some other perceived misdemeanour which India would commit against China.

Their whole line of thinking just as that of the Congress earlier & the UPA later was self defeating.What Modi is doing now , without disturbing the IWT could easily have been undertaken by the UPA in the wake of 26/11.

1.u cant scrap it, india would've no international cred left, the world would see that u have a habbit of abandoning pacts acc to mood shifts..
2. U cant cause if u do, china would block urs and water could become a real issue, we might even attack u and believe me, if u can see past ur bollywood chest thumping for a sec, it would not augur well for u..

O

O bhai no one listens to modi, they might like to use ur country in thier war against islwmic nations, but they will still treat u like the vermin u are after they have used u, open ur eyes, gen hameed gul said before his death that" dont worry modi is a gift for pakistan", gen hameed gul as u very well know once headed isi, so this statement is no joke, cant usee that he is destroying ur country???, india had established an economic and stable cred internationally, people were begining to take india seriously and than modi happened, this recent fiasco of hald assed empty threats for war, has made india an international joke, the sooner u accept that, the sooner u will kick this goon out of office in ur next elections and put india back on track to rational economic development, grow up...

U

U started this war by snatching and occupying kashmir, its a muslim majority area, get out of there, get ur facts straighy, no kashmir and we had no scuffle with u, but its too late now, we wont forget the 90000 pakistanis blown up hy ur ttp dogs in the past decade, so buddy we will now wait for the right moment, but get this we will eventually see ur indian terrorist state drenched with blood and effectively disembered...
Sir ji modi mera baap ka naukar nahi hai, woh na toh mujhe bina degree ke job dega, na hi mere bhookhe marne pe mujhe khana dene wala hai, i do not support egotistical approach of both the countries, the common man will always face difficulties let it be a developed country or a undeveloped country, the basic task of each man begins with one thought, that hey god help me so that i can earn enough to fulfill needs of my loved ones, common man doesn't gains anything by supporting policies of govt, the image of a country only benefits those who earn billions, or haan just tell me how much money did hamid gul saab gave you before dying?
Also do not judge people of India on the basis of 572 people sitting in parliament, we are more than that, and also i tell me how will a common man living in mumbai benefit from proxy wars of India or Pakistan???
Please sir understand that i as an indian wont judge people just because his country instigates war against mine, at the end of the day aap or mein duno hi khud kama ke khana khaa rahe hai, na toh modi mujhe khilata hai naa hi nawaz aapko....good night aaram se sona India has NFU policy:p:

Written by Amitabh Sinha | New Delhi | Updated: September 23, 2016 5:46 am
The Treaty has survived wars and innumerable phases of frosty relations. It is held up as an example of a global model of cooperation between countries.

IWT has survived ONLY because the entire onus of abiding by it, lay ENTIRELY with INDIA, for fu<k's sake!

How is that even a global model of "co-operation" when it is just one side that is abiding by the treaty both in letter and spirit while the other keeps pricking and prodding India at every available opportunity in addition to shouting from the rooftops that India is not releasing enough water?

The true test of this treaty would have been if Pakistan also was an upper riparian state and was treaty-bound into releasing the waters into "kafir" India! I bet my bottom dollar, it wouldn't have survived a single summer!

What the fu<k is wrong with my people? Are they so blind that they can't see the obvious?

My response was highlighting the "New domain of conflicts". By the way there are many tributries originating from tibet, landing on main rivers. What india could do is to make more barrages on three rivers that they have a right on as per IWT and nothing else.

name any important tributary of brahmaputra

China holds the key to three of your rivers The Indus was just mentioned to keep your excitement at bay. Go ahead and try to lay Pakistan to waste. As for me tying in everything with China, you better tell that first to your strategic experts, because they're reading from the same hymn sheet I am my dear fellow. As for "colliding" with India, China annoys and prods at India all the time. If you go down the water war path, expect much, much worse.

it is amazing pakistanis are concerned about what happens with brahmaputra. their all weather friends china and turkey do not give a damn about the rights of lower riparian states. may be pakistan needs to be judged by the friends they keep

First make you one thing clear.No other Indians from other parts of India cares about his foreign policies and what he is going to do with the IWT. That is not an issue for garner votes in there .

You are right. I was talking to one of my colleagues from Kerala and as per him, Southern states don't care about foreign policy as much. So if this is not about votes and domestic consumption, then will India accept Pakistan's suggestion of investigation from an independent international agency or country? Moreover, why India doesn't allow UNHRC to conduct a fact finding mission?

Indian government is showing signs of its non-serious attitude towards finding any solution. What it seems is that they want to put as much pressure on Pakistan as they can for Pakistan to take a foolish step towards war.

Otherwise, this step is prone only to make every Pakistani an enemy of India. My request to people from India is to understand whats written in these lines and try to understand that there is a politically motivated design behind all what is happening.

Pakistani hardliners want a 1000 year war. Modi is giving what they want

Pakistani hardliners want a 1000 year war. Modi is giving it to you

1000 years war? Good then. No one will be able to know what happened in the end or you reduce the number of years. Being patriotic and all geared up is good but I am not too sure if you are seeing who is threatening whom in the first place. You couldn't get backing of US for Uri attack. Then you threaten us to block water flow. What do you expect us to do? Tell me.

1000 years war? Good then. No one will be able to know what happened in the end or you reduce the number of years. Being patriotic and all geared up is good but I am not too sure if you are seeing who is threatening whom in the first place. You couldn't get backing of US for Uri attack. Then you threaten us to block water flow. What do you expect us to do? Tell me.

Why does India need to start any war with Pakistan ? India has Kashmir. Since 1990 India has economic growth. India has improving relations with USA and China.

Pakistan is the one in a tight spot. you cannot start a conventional war. you cannot launch a nuclear attack. your army does not like the status quo.

Why does India need to start any war with Pakistan ? India has Kashmir. Since 1990 India has economic growth. India has improving relations with USA and China.

Pakistan is the one in a tight spot. you cannot start a conventional war. you cannot launch a nuclear attack. your army does not like the status quo.

Firstly you said, we asked for war and Mr. Modi is giving it to us and now your relations with China are improving all of a sudden. I asked what do you expect us to do when your state threaten to block water?

They always will, flow together!

Like two snakes in a row.

Two in a row.

Last edited:
it is amazing pakistanis are concerned about what happens with brahmaputra. their all weather friends china and turkey do not give a damn about the rights of lower riparian states. may be pakistan needs to be judged by the friends they keep

Didn't I tell you not to quote me anymore? What part of that don't you understand? That's your last warning.

I wouldn't quote most of our strategic thinkers who think along these lines , if I were you.I for one believe , it's only a matter of time before China proceeds full steam ahead with diversion of the Brahmaputra's waters even without India abrogating the IWT treaty .Guess what will these strategic thinkers come up with then.They'd blame it on some other perceived misdemeanour which India would commit against China.

Their whole line of thinking just as that of the Congress earlier & the UPA later was self defeating.What Modi is doing now , without disturbing the IWT could easily have been undertaken by the UPA in the wake of 26/11.

I understand what you are saying Indrian, but these guys are the nationalists, not the one foot in one foot out type, if you get my drift. China will play fair, as long as the status quo is not disturbed, I know you will differ, but hey that's the nature of discussions.

Last edited:
Firstly you said, we asked for war and Mr. Modi is giving it to us and now your relations with China are improving all of a sudden. I asked what do you expect us to do when your state threaten to block water?

India and China relationship is improving one. It has its ups and downs. Ditto with America.
If Pakistan keeps playing the proxy war the water will get reduced

But real deterrence would be creating anti Pakistani armed groups covertly dancing on our tunes..... Make them weaker from inside rather than up in arms in public.....
Yeah you know better than the poonyToons of R&aw ? :lol: your ltte Terrorists failed in Sri Lanka after years of fight & your Terrorist breed in Pakistan almost become extinct & then you cry when Kashmiri freedom fighters take revenge for killing of innocent & their loved ones lol..Maoists kill your army men but why u ppl don't label them isi proxies :lol: easy solution & after that start killing hundreds of thousands & other indians like u will celebrate...your monkey Yadev is already roasting in jail some where...your country introduced these proxies & still proudly killing innocents & above all a Terrorist Pm representing India :agree: Pakistan can find dozens of extremist groups in India :lol: now stop crying & ask your pm to go ahead with surgStrks :lol: China is upstm & they can stop the flow of water to India from their side :lol: then what supaPowa gonna do :lol: surgStrks on Chinese dams ?? :lol:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom