What's new

Pakistan And India-Water Disputes-News And Updates

Dear in the past India has violated the IWT and has created water problem for us... and building more dams means India has more control over the flow of water and THIS means that our water and food security will be at risk if we ever have war with india. so the threat is there.
But i just want to give a suggestion here.. i think why not India and Pakistan both construct joint power projects on all the rivers and have a joint control over the flow of water and also both should use the power . i.e. if 50 50 partnership. I think might solve the problem.:coffee:

Dear in the past India has violated the IWT and has created water problem for us... and building more dams means India has more control over the flow of water and THIS means that our water and food security will be at risk if we ever have war with india. so the threat is there.

The violation of IWT you talk about was a minor technical issue which was sorted out peacefully. And India has NEVER created water problems for Pakistan.

Building these dams does mean that India will have greater control over flow of water into pakistan. But the threat to water and food security can be significantly nullified if instead of blaming India, Pakistan built its own dams. Over the past 63 years India has suffer multiple attrocities from Pakistan supported groups, yet India has never used water as a bargaining chip.

My reply was directed at those members here who unnecessarily blame India for all their problems. India bashing seems quite fashionable here.

But i just want to give a suggestion here.. i think why not India and Pakistan both construct joint power projects on all the rivers and have a joint control over the flow of water and also both should use the power . i.e. if 50 50 partnership. I think might solve the problem.:coffee:

A mechanism for joint investment and management of power projects can be worked out, provided it does not compromise the territorial integrity of the two nations.

:cheers::cheers:

India bashing seems quite fashionable here.

:

The truth is that Pakistan bashing is also a quite normal thing... but never mind these flame war will give us nothing.. we need to trust and respect each other.

A mechanism for joint investment and management of power projects can be worked out, provided it does not compromise the territorial integrity of the two nations.

:cheers::cheers:

And My suggestion was only in regards to hydel projects in kashmir. i think this is the only solution. Both will have win win situation.

if this is true then i think this is a good omen for things to come and hopefully a much more peaceful subcontinent.

It's a smart move by GoI, it will shut the GoP up and possibly make their pockets feel a bit heavier.

Its long term strategy develop by India, because India is afraid if it lost Kashmir then Pakistan might shut off the water or divert the water flow toward it land. Kashmir demographic is changing, Muslim population is increasing at rabbit pace. Eventually India will need to take bitter pill on this matter, so its better to do some written agreement.

Its long term strategy develop by India, because India is afraid if it lost Kashmir then Pakistan might shut off the water or divert the water flow toward it land. Kashmir demographic is changing, Muslim population is increasing at rabbit pace. Eventually India will need to take bitter pill on this matter, so its better to do some written agreement.

:hitwall: :hitwall: Can't you see anything positive ?

THIS means that India has not violated the IWT.

And THIS means that most of you were talking out of your *** when demonizing India on the water issue.

THIS means that you should look for facts before accusing someone.

And THIS means that you haven't even looked that there's an existing thread on this topic:

http://www.defence.pk/forums/current-events-social-issues/60026-pak-withdraws-objection-j-k-power-projects.html#post897157

This means that we have traitors sitting in the govt chairs who can not deal with a water thief.

Thanks to GoP,You give a thight slap on the face of persons who said india is stealing water and good reply to that Jud chief who asked Pakistan to wage war against India on this issue.

This means that we have traitors sitting in the govt chairs who can not deal with a water thief.

pakistan government withdraw their objection because they are helpless if they still object so what the hell they can do ...

its really funny " pakistan withdraw their objection"" project is going on .. on its pace ... they are not gonna stop in any condition .. it doesnt matter that some one have objection on this project ... because before withdrawal of objection projects are under construction ...

Back
Top Bottom