What's new

Pakistan Navy will get 4 more F-22Ps

I hope full that the PN would have worked with the Chinese in modifying the current design and introducing latest sensors, electronics, weapons, stealth and better stealth propulsion systems like on German Frigates. I hope that they will have 7 of such types instead of 4 till 2020 along with the current 4 we have and scrap the U.S and British ones in Gidani.
What ever happens but still Pakistan needs 8 more Ships than the 8 which we are getting we need 16 Frigates even with this bad economy we need to get them and 8 Submarines

pn reconsider their decision about f-22p
type-054a is the best much more advance and vlc system will give extra edge

Last edited by a moderator:
What ever happens but still Pakistan needs 8 more Ships than the 8 which we are getting we need 16 Frigates even with this bad economy we need to get them and 8 Submarines
Truely they want to have:
1.17 4500-5000 tons Frigates cum Destroyers till 2020
2. 11 2100-2500 tons Corvettes cum Light Frigates.
3. 21 700-1100 tons FACs(Multi Purpose).
4. 7 New Tankers
5. 21 SSKs with AIPs.

You are right.

China has already agreed to export its Type 054A/B frigate,
Can you provide reference to your / an official source for this? I'm sure China would like to export 054A (there is no B afaik) now that it is in full production for PLAN and their immediate needs are met. But that is not the same as there being an government to government agreement about export of x number of ships from one country to another.

Type 054A is definitely better than than F22P
That is not a given and you can't really say that in generic terms. Better in what ways, in relation to which national and naval purposes of Pakistan?

I hope full that the PN would have worked with the Chinese in modifying the current design and introducing latest sensors, electronics, weapons, stealth and better stealth propulsion systems like on German Frigates. I hope that they will have 7 of such types instead of 4 till 2020 along with the current 4 we have and scrap the U.S and British ones in Gidani.
PN major surface combattants are F22P and Type 21: there are no US vessel among them.

Well said however I think u r not getting the purpose of getting new f-22s. Because the purpose of Pakistan's Armed forces is ONLY DEFENSIVE, they do not need very expensive and heavily technological machinery. So f-22s purpose is only to replace the old and outdated ships and to become a little bit modern. Same goes with the JF-17 fighter aircraft. It is not designed to be highly technological and a true offensive force. PAF's purpose was to get a decent multi role aircraft to meet current day standards and replace the old fighter jets such as mirages, f-7s and a-5s.
regards.

That is not a given and you can't really say that in generic terms. Better in what ways, in relation to which national and naval purposes of Pakistan?

054A is better than F22P in almost any aspects. The design of 054A is better. 054A is the third gen. of homemade frigate in China while F22P is a update version of 053, which the 2nd gen. of frigate, though took up some tech from 054/054A.

The tonnage of 054A is roughly 100% bigger than that of F22P. The higher tonnage means better navigability or seaworthiness.

The most important value that 054A has while F22P and the Pakistan Navy lacks is it's air defense ability. With the radar system and the 32 VLS units of HHQ-16, 054A is able to provide a 40km air defense for the fleet.

I guess instead of Pakistan to get four more F-22P's they shold go for four 054A frigates cuz that is more sustainable and survivable within more intense battlefield as for as the better airdefence system is concerned.....:smokin:

well lets just hope that these F-22p frigates are "improved" version as said by the officials.
and hopefully that improvement is in air defence system.
even a 16 VLS HQ-16 would be a great improvement!

OHP Alamgir???
Doh <slaps palm to face>
... you're right.

054A is better than F22P in almost any aspects. The design of 054A is better. 054A is the third gen. of homemade frigate in China while F22P is a update version of 053, which the 2nd gen. of frigate, though took up some tech from 054/054A.

The tonnage of 054A is roughly 100% bigger than that of F22P. The higher tonnage means better navigability or seaworthiness.

The most important value that 054A has while F22P and the Pakistan Navy lacks is it's air defense ability. With the radar system and the 32 VLS units of HHQ-16, 054A is able to provide a 40km air defense for the fleet.

Mission/Doctrine/Strategy drives needs.

Size per se is does not make a design better (just bigger). The question is whether the navy in question needs that extra seaworthiness etc. If they don't, that aspect is irrelevant.

If you stick a Mk41 with 32 ESSM onto mod-F22P and adopt e.g. Thales thales smart-s mk2 with a pair of STIR 1.8, you also have that additional SAM reach. Incidentally, consider that ESSM has the same range as SM1, which used to be the AAAW asset (and Sparrow the PDMS). Today ESSM is the PDMS and SM2 the AAAW. In other words, 40km isn't enough anymore for fleet AD.

I am sure that they are going to produce at least 7 of such types till 2020 with goodies from Latest Chinese weapons and Babur too...

Can you provide reference to your / an official source for this? I'm sure China would like to export 054A (there is no B afaik) now that it is in full production for PLAN and their immediate needs are met. But that is not the same as there being an government to government agreement about export of x number of ships from one country to another.

Well, the report stated that the export frigate has a standard displacement of 4500 tons, which is a bit larger than a regular Type 054A (full load displacement 4500 tons), that's why i suppose it could be the new Type 054B.

And PLAN is not necessarily the first one to acquire that ship, if it receives the order from other client countries, they could start to build right away. :coffee:

BTW, you can also find that report in this forum.

What new Type 054B? There is only a single marketing cg I've seen which is a crossbetween 054A and Meko A200 (X-forum hull). There is no physical evidence of 054B.

i think it is a replacement of Tariq class, Pakistan should go for type 054 .

That's exactly what I'm thinking.
Type 054A is the best warship that China have designed ever.

What new Type 054B? There is only a single marketing cg I've seen which is a crossbetween 054A and Meko A200 (X-forum hull). There is no physical evidence of 054B.

No need for Type 054B, Chinese Navy think that Type 054A is good enough

Back
Top Bottom