What's new

Pakistan should create a new Corps based Gwadar staffed with Balochis

Mercenary

ELITE MEMBER
Reaction score
Country
Pakistan
I think Pakistan should create another Corps with 2-3 Divisions based in Gwadar which will be staffed with 51% Balochi Soldiers and run by 51% Balochi Generals.

I would say an Artillery Division, an Anti-aircrafts Division and a Infantry Division with Mechanized Infantry and a Company of Tanks should be good.

That should make Balochis feel more part of the Country.

Maybe to check future hostile Iranian and Afghan regimes. I am with you brother.

Baloch soldiers are not in sufficient numbers to populate every baloch area with 51% of baloch. Balochistan is 50% baloch and 50% pakhtoon. Baloch governmental jobs should goto qualified residents of Balochistan. People who already have a stake in the province.

Balochistan is not Balochi just because of it's name. Of course with that said, the government should not bring in a Bhutt saab from Lahore from and make him a general either. Of course for a long time till Baloch (and I mean the provincial residents of Balochistan not the ethnicity) soldiers are raised in numbers, someone would have to serve the purpose of providing security.

If you read and interact with balochis in Oman and UAE, you will realize they never took pakistan as a country. Majorityof them dont see themselves as pakistanis. The repeated bombings in and near gwadar port is proof of itself. Baluchistan has rebelled many times before also and have burned Pakistani Flags. The military responded by catching the separatistis and hanged them to death. This was also discussed on Geo Channel.

Hardly amonth passes by that we hear about the gas pipeline bombing or the electric tower being bombed in gwadar. The balochis in gwadar always considers themselves a part of gulf and not asia.

Gwadar was bought from the oman state for $$ 125 million, dont rememebr the exact amount. The general population is still in revolt agaisnt the Pakisatni governemenet. A recent killing of a rebel in a cave sparked outrage and also raised questions about the internal secret civil war taking place in Pakistan.

If you read and interact with balochis in Oman and UAE, you will realize they never took pakistan as a country. Majorityof them dont see themselves as pakistanis. The repeated bombings in and near gwadar port is proof of itself. Baluchistan has rebelled many times before also and have burned Pakistani Flags. The military responded by catching the separatistis and hanged them to death. This was also discussed on Geo Channel.

Hardly amonth passes by that we hear about the gas pipeline bombing or the electric tower being bombed in gwadar. The balochis in gwadar always considers themselves a part of gulf and not asia.

Gwadar was bought from the oman state for $$ 125 million, dont rememebr the exact amount. The general population is still in revolt agaisnt the Pakisatni governemenet. A recent killing of a rebel in a cave sparked outrage and also raised questions about the internal secret civil war taking place in Pakistan.

Things have calmed down alot,. if you kept up with recent developments you would know, the Baloch Frontier Corp was created :tup: first in it's history, made up of Baloch people and fully supported and funded by the Pakistan Govt. with benefits for family, etc. Alot of Militia fighters gave up their arms, where some joined the corps, and others just left the fighting. So their is no civil war "propganda" any more.

http://www.balochistan.org.pk/ (this is the link to check out the development in baloch it's the Pakistan govt site).

I may be wrong but based on the criterian of self reference, I also doubt the loyalty of many Baluchis. Most of the attacks on Sui are work of the Baluchis working at the plant. Alas, we have not been able to win the hearts and minds of the Baluch majority. Result of an all Baluch corps could be the same as happened in East Pakistan, where East Bengal regiment and Eat Bengal rifles joined Mukti Bahini.

It is ironic that while Baluchs and Fata area people are free to settle anywhere in Punjab or in Karachi. a non Baluch or a non Pashtun will only relocate to say Kohlu or Wana at the risk of his life. This is the ground reality whether we admit or not. It is still dangerous for non Sindhis to venture deep into interior Sindh. A couple of years ago, during a visit to Karachi' I was invited to a granite quary in the Nagar Parker area for a 'shoot'. We needed armed guards to be safe from the local docaits and Jeay Sindh activists.

I may be wrong but based on the criterian of self reference, I also doubt the loyalty of many Baluchis. Most of the attacks on Sui are work of the Baluchis working at the plant. Alas, we have not been able to win the hearts and minds of the Baluch majority. Result of an all Baluch corps could be the same as happened in East Pakistan, where East Bengal regiment and Eat Bengal rifles joined Mukti Bahini.

It is ironic that while Baluchs and Fata area people are free to settle anywhere in Punjab or in Karachi. a non Baluch or a non Pashtun will only relocate to say Kohlu or Wana at the risk of his life. This is the ground reality whether we admit or not. It is still dangerous for non Sindhis to venture deep into interior Sindh. A couple of years ago, during a visit to Karachi' I was invited to a granite quary in the Nagar Parker area for a 'shoot'. We needed armed guards to be safe from the local docaits and Jeay Sindh activists.

Welcome to the difference of an ordinary Indian to Super-Uber Indian Kashmiri, And here it is protected by law not by some thugs
Just to let you know, let me not divert you from the topic

Welcome to the difference of an ordinary Indian to Super-Uber Indian Kashmiri, And here it is protected by law.
Just to let you know, let me not divert you from the topic

:rolleyes: You actually diverted from the topic, cause I don't see how Kasmir comes into this. :stupid:

A kashmiri can buy land or live anywhere india, An ordinary indian cant buy land in kashmir,this is one of the many rights they have over us, lets leave it here dragon, i found it very similar to what niaz was saying.

A kashmiri can buy land or live anywhere india, An ordinary indian cant buy land in kashmir,this is one of the many rights they have over us,

y would an ordinary Indian buy land in held Kashmir anyways. I hope u got my point. Would u rather live in held Kashmir or other parts of India ( excluding Assam).

i think v should have a balauch corps but the threat of them turnin against pakistan is also very real but i think v have a solution for that v can have ISI check all of these guys and if anyone gets out of line v can always have him transfered
what u think abt that

i think v should have a balauch corps but the threat of them turnin against pakistan is also very real but i think v have a solution for that v can have ISI check all of these guys and if anyone gets out of line v can always have him transfered
what u think abt that

Never knew the Baloch problem was this serious

I dont think they are going to turn on pakistan man

If we create a new Corps in Gwadar staffed with a majority Balochis then it will help aleviate fears.

The Baloch problem is not as serious as it has made out to be. All we need to do is do some economic investment in Balochistan and then people will appreciate Pakistan.

If we create a new Corps in Gwadar staffed with a majority Balochis then it will help aleviate fears.

The Baloch problem is not as serious as it has made out to be. All we need to do is do some economic investment in Balochistan and then people will appreciate Pakistan.

I wouldn't want to be known as 'Scare monger'. However there have been three major 'Armed rebellions' in Baluchistan since the independence. First was that of Khan of Kalat during Ayub's regime. Second was the Marri rebellion during Bhutto era and now by the Bugtis. In each case action was serious enough that it required bombing by the PAF. If this is not serious than what is?

I came across a Baluch intellectual in Washington D.C. sometime ago. He said that Baluchistan has never been part of "India' since the dawn of history. Khan of Kalat was an overlord of Baluchistan who acted for the Afghan Kings. It was a travesty of justice that British handed over Baluchistan to Pakistan. The decision was apparently made by some kind of referendom in Quetta which was home to a large number of non Baluchs and thus not valid. (Historically this is correct) Thats why Baluchi intellectuals think that Baluchistan should have been given independence. Reason that there has not been a general insurrection being that there is a serious danger of Iran taking over whole of Baluchistan and that is like going from frying pan into the fire.

How can a Army full of their own people scare the balochi's. i fail to see your point. I consider it more serious than kashmir for the very fact that PAF had to be used.Or is it common practice to use Airforce to control one's own people

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom