What's new

Pakistan vs India: WC Semifinal - March 30

Status
Not open for further replies.
If Pakistan wins then turn the face of your AK 47's , Anti air craft guns blah blah towards Gilani and company (Shujat hussain, rehman malik etc) to get us rid of these stiupids as well along with the indian team at ground :cheesy:

Sorry we are not like that .........
take them with u

its so easy to be proud of other victories and blame on their failure ..!!

A good game is all they want - The Times of India

ATTARI: The bottom line for cricket fans from Pakistan as well as families of some Pakistan cricket team members was that everyone was looking forward to watch a great cricket match! However, even though the overriding feeling is that of fostering friendship through cricket diplomacy between the two traditionally warring nations, the visiting fans were apprehensive about the host country's reaction, if the match outcome was in favour of the men in green.

Ahsaan Riaz, brother of Wahab Riaz, the left arm pacer of the Pakistan cricket team, said there were some apprehensions back home. "Our women folk are not accompanying us, mainly for this reason, but we hope that our neighbours take winning or losing in their stride, like we did when India defeated Pakistan in Lahore back in 2004.

All of us celebrated their win on the roads,'' he said. His father, Sheikh Sikandar Riaz, however, was quick to dismiss such apprehensions. "We have arrived here in expectation of a good match, whosoever plays well, should win," he said.The participation of his son, Ahsaan, who is bowling extremely well, in the match depends on the team's decision of whether to retain Shoaib Akhtar or replace him with Ahsaan, but the father did not want to comment on the matter. "They are all like my sons. It is up to the team manager to decide whom to pick for the match,'' he said.

Wicket keeper Kamran Akmal and his batsman brother Umar Iqbal will be cheered by their father Mohammad Akram Siddiq who arrived in India, accompanied by two brothers, Adnan, who is also a team member, but is not playing the World Cup, and Rehman. Their three brothers have stayed back to watch the match on TV.

Reacting to cricket diplomacy, Adnan said, "Cricket hoga to hum idhar aayenge aur aap udhar jayenge, aur dosti badhegi (cricket will facilitate travel between the two countries and more friendship). But for now, the teams should only play good cricket."

Pakistan Cricket Board chairman, Ijaz Butt was hopeful about the game's outcome in Pakistan's favour. "Our team is in great form and they are performing exceedingly well," he said.

Meanwhile, there was overall condemnation of Pakistan minster Rehman Malik's controversial statement on 'keeping an eye on the players'. "He does not represent the average Pakistani. I don't know from where the statement came, but Imran Khan has given the perfect retort to him and there is no need to say anything more,'' said Taimur Bandey, an educationist from Lahore.

"It was such a stupid statement, for which he owes an apology to Afridi,'' said fellow politician Mushahid Hussain Sayed. The family members of the cricketers and Ijaz Butt, however, refused to comment on the matter and said that the team's morale was quite high.

A good game is all they want - The Times of India

ATTARI: The bottom line for cricket fans from Pakistan as well as families of some Pakistan cricket team members was that everyone was looking forward to watch a great cricket match! However, even though the overriding feeling is that of fostering friendship through cricket diplomacy between the two traditionally warring nations, the visiting fans were apprehensive about the host country's reaction, if the match outcome was in favour of the men in green.

Ahsaan Riaz, brother of Wahab Riaz, the left arm pacer of the Pakistan cricket team, said there were some apprehensions back home. "Our women folk are not accompanying us, mainly for this reason, but we hope that our neighbours take winning or losing in their stride, like we did when India defeated Pakistan in Lahore back in 2004.

All of us celebrated their win on the roads,'' he said. His father, Sheikh Sikandar Riaz, however, was quick to dismiss such apprehensions. "We have arrived here in expectation of a good match, whosoever plays well, should win," he said.The participation of his son, Ahsaan, who is bowling extremely well, in the match depends on the team's decision of whether to retain Shoaib Akhtar or replace him with Ahsaan, but the father did not want to comment on the matter. "They are all like my sons. It is up to the team manager to decide whom to pick for the match,'' he said.

Wicket keeper Kamran Akmal and his batsman brother Umar Iqbal will be cheered by their father Mohammad Akram Siddiq who arrived in India, accompanied by two brothers, Adnan, who is also a team member, but is not playing the World Cup, and Rehman. Their three brothers have stayed back to watch the match on TV.

Reacting to cricket diplomacy, Adnan said, "Cricket hoga to hum idhar aayenge aur aap udhar jayenge, aur dosti badhegi (cricket will facilitate travel between the two countries and more friendship). But for now, the teams should only play good cricket."

Pakistan Cricket Board chairman, Ijaz Butt was hopeful about the game's outcome in Pakistan's favour. "Our team is in great form and they are performing exceedingly well," he said.

Meanwhile, there was overall condemnation of Pakistan minster Rehman Malik's controversial statement on 'keeping an eye on the players'. "He does not represent the average Pakistani. I don't know from where the statement came, but Imran Khan has given the perfect retort to him and there is no need to say anything more,'' said Taimur Bandey, an educationist from Lahore.

"It was such a stupid statement, for which he owes an apology to Afridi,'' said fellow politician Mushahid Hussain Sayed. The family members of the cricketers and Ijaz Butt, however, refused to comment on the matter and said that the team's morale was quite high.

Hope match end in field .......

we welcome all the guest.......... hope wil win their heart toooo

Their heart beats for India now - The Times of India

AMRITSAR: They have bid adieu to Pakistan, where they used to cheer for the Pakistani cricket team but now their heart beats for India. These are Pakistani nationals who had either migrated to India to settle here or are the Pakistani brides, who had married Indian nationals.

Sahira Maqbool, wife of a Qadian resident Chaudhary Maqbool Ahmad said, that before her marriage she along with her friends and family used to sit glued to the TV set, cheering for Pakistani players.

"But now the situation has changed. I am an Indian now and my heart beats for India and the Indian cricket team," she beamed.

Another Pakistani bride Mobina Kanwal said that she desperately wants India to win, "Else our relatives in Pakistan will quip that they had defeated us."

The Pakistani brides living in Qadian, headquarters of Ahmadiyya Muslims in India, have been waiting to get their Indian citizenship for the past several years.

"If we had got our Indian citizenship, then we would have gone to Mohali to cheer for the Indian team," said Arifa Salim, another Paksitani bride married in India. She said since she was no more a Pakistani national, so she obviously wanted the Indian team to win. "I will be praying to Allaha for the victory of the Indian team," she said.

Jagdish Lal, a resident of Pashouri Mohalla, who migrated to India from Pakistan, three months ago said, "If the match is the way to strengthen ties between the two countries then cricket matches between the two nations should be regular events".

He said as a youth he used to watch almost every international match played in Pakistan and would root for the Pakistani team. "India is now my country and now I pray for their victory," he said.

image11.jpg

Since both PMs and so many other celebrities and dignatories are coming, there is a tremendous stake on both the teams.

Does all include, construction of illegal water dams in violation of water treaty agreement.
After all those dams inflicted many hundred billion dollar loss to Pakistan's economy and masses.

I really hope Gillani will be able to convince singh about halting genocide in occupied Kashmir and granting them freedom.

There is really no use talking on water issue since it already under arbitration.

Gilani has already made it clear that Kashmir won't be discussed during this meet.

I guess all they are going to discuss is the performance of their fantasy league teams

For today webby, admins and mods should ban themselves.
Let the game begins.:devil:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom