What's new

Pakistani F-16 "Engaged" One Of The MH-47G Chinooks Three Times During Bin Laden Raid

Ironically, Sadam Hussain, who wasn't even Americas enemy, his capture, humiliating treatment by American medics to see if he was carrying any Martian bacteria and subsequent trip to gallows and the taunting were all filmed and shown with all the glory yet, Americas most wanted is allegedly found, killed and his body disposed of like an unknown soldier.
The least the Americans could have done to make the claim authentic was to show OBL's body before burying it in the Sea.....point also worth noting is that no Sea hits Afghanistan.....so are we lead to believe that the body was first taken into Afghanistan and then flown out to some part of the Ocean.....and even when the body reached Afghanistan, no one thought of capturing the moment on film. Is the whole episode pretty thin or just damn invisible.
Can’t believe that it’s been ten years. Won’t lie that it was a very embarrassing day for most of the Pakistanis living in America. Would also call it a shameful and embarrassing day for Pakistani govt and the military as well.

having said that, all these theories of whether obl was killed or not, has anyone thought that what if America decided to declassify the video and photographic evidence one day? Ten years from now, 20 years from now, 30 years from now?
The people behind arresting and embarrassing Sadam Husain were different than Obama, American was different after 9/11 than under Obama.

fairy tales . simply we can not trigger USA and move on

A bunch of BS.

F-16 with, or without radar guided missile can make minced meat of any helo.

First, there is no way an experienced pilot would've used a radar guided missile against a helo hugging the ground. It's near futile to be begin with.

Helos are to be engaged with infrared missiles which give the target no notice.

Even if F-16 on duty had no IR missiles, which is highly unlikely, as they make F-16 standard weapon outfit. It still had 20mm.

Lastly, a jet can simply zoom past CH-47 on an afterburner to have a helo slammed by its wake.

I see someone is a Gundam fan.
Hardly. The only ones I liked were Gundam wing and Gundam Iron Blooded Orphan.

Funnily enough, Gundam wing is what got into reading about geopolitics.

seems a lot of BS....

it wasn't even a raid... just a pick up assignment with understanding from General Kiyani...

they are just trying make a mountain out of a mole hill.
All radars of PAF and PA were down. Otherwise, PAF C4I is not some obsolete technology.

There was no OBL to begin with, it was a fake drama to make USA look good and Pakistan the villain.

OBL was the most wanted man in the world, they would have shown his dead body to the journalists, instead they decide to dump his body in the sea which sounds very fictious.

Hardly. The only ones I liked were Gundam wing and Gundam Iron Blooded Orphan.

Funnily enough, Gundam wing is what got into reading about geopolitics.

You should watch Gundam Seed and Seed Destiny definitely better than orphans, don't know about Wings though I think only Gundam Unicorn and UC timeline can match that series.

BTW Gundam zero is also really good on par with Seed and Seed Destiny.

Zahid Hussain book says f-16s were not even in the air for another 30 mins, but former US Spec Ops claims otherwise :

Englen does not say exactly when during the exfiltration it occurred or where, but he says that one of Pakistan's American-made F-16 Viper fighter jets was clearly hunting for the remaining helicopters and attempted to "engage" his MH-47G at least three times.
“It was as an electronic fight. A missile never left the rail. So I was able to evade him electronically. That’s all I’ll say," he said. "But, he was searching and hunting for me, and three times came very close to actually launching a missile."
Englen does not say what type of electronic warfare systems he employed to evade the fighter jet. It is known that the MH-47G has some form of radio-frequency countermeasures system, in addition to infrared and laser missile warning receivers. Quade also says that the 160th's Chinooks had just received new electronic warfare equipment before the raid and that Englen had helped certify those systems and training crews to use them. The Night Stalkers Chinooks are without a doubt the most heavily modified and best-protected versions of that helicopter anywhere in the world.

You should watch Gundam Seed and Seed Destiny definitely better than orphans, don't know about Wings though I think only Gundam Unicorn and UC timeline can match that series.

BTW Gundam zero is also really good on par with Seed and Seed Destiny.
I've heard seed is the best of the series from a friend of mine, but I never got around to watching it. He told me it had a Battlestar Galactica vibe.

Denial, Mystery, Acceptance, Humiliation, Terrorism, Technology........

There was an expression I watched years ago in a movie where Gracchus said "Fear and wonder...a powerful combination. Conjure magic for them and they'll be distracted. Take away their freedom and still they'll roar. The beating heart of Rome is not the marble of the senate, it's the sand of the coliseum. He'll bring them death - and they will love him for it."

This raid as embarrassing as it maybe for a country like Pakistan where at the time military might was worshipped......someone or some people always benefit from these type of scenarios and it is no less between Pakistan and USA. There might be far more truth to what we have been seeing and reading and there might be more denial to specifics not paid little attention to, just stating the possibilities.

This raid as embarrassing as it maybe for a country like Pakistan where at the time military might was worshipped......someone or some people always benefit from these type of scenarios and it is no less between Pakistan and USA. There might be far more truth to what we have been seeing and reading and there might be more denial to specifics not paid little attention to, just stating the possibilities.
This incident brought a lot of humiliation besides embrasment for the military, there is a sense of betrayal. there was a clear apprehension that such betrayal may be repeated anytime. what will the army do, if it happens again? this fear completely eroded the trust and confidence needed for any cooperation and coordination.
The US gained grandeur from killing Bin Laden in this covert operation but it lost an ally that day.

Both the countries are aware of the bitterness it has brought in its wake. The loss of trust does not come back without deliberate consistent efforts. The US being the superpower does not feel the need for any change in its behavior and SOPs for the country playing second fiddle to it.
The situation has far changed, Pakistan and the US are no more trusted allies. Amerca has taken India as a new ally against its war against China, while Pakistan opted for the other side.
Pakistan is trying its best to strike an equilibrium between the US and China. but none is ready to believe for being with them and against them simultaneously in an effort to balance and counterbalance.

Back
Top Bottom