What's new

Pakistan's Airborne Early Warning and Control Aircrafts

One of the Chinese web site Google translation(its really bad but some good point)
-----------------------------------------------------------
Earlier, the United Kingdom, "Flight International" Web site broke the news said the Pakistan Air Force since China introduced the ZDK-03 medium early warning aircraft will be delivered before the end of the year. This news soon as the Pakistani media widely reproduced. Analysis that the Pakistan army will get this type of early warning aircraft, and the People's Liberation Army front mounted this empty police -200 AWACS technically closely linked; on the Chinese side is concerned, it is not only a tool for export, but also improve the national air defense system an important part. Some media said, ZDK-03 medium-sized AWACS loved not only by Pakistan, and even Southeast Asian countries in hot pursuit of this early warning aircraft, and expressed the intention to buy, but due to some disputes in the sea area, China has not made clear to the Southeast Asian countries export intention.
The level of R & D with emphasis on early warning aircraft
The development of China's early warning aircraft, has experienced 60 years of the 20th century "Great Leap Forward" and 90 "full introduction of" two stages, but had ended in failure. The former Soviet bombers in transforming the basis of "empty warning 1" testing machine, the performance is poor because of dismount. The latter tried to import from Israel, "Phalcon" early warning aircraft, but the U.S. blocked, Israel in 2001 to terminate the contract. Faced with the grim situation in air defense, early warning aircraft in China R & D only one way of self-reliance.
Published in May this year, Hong Kong, "Asia-Pacific Defense" magazine papers, said the project demonstrated the process, military-industrial sector has been divided on the type of carrier aircraft. Some people think that, given the vast territory, large-scale early warning should be launched directly; while others stressed that, early warning aircraft technical complexity, coupled with Russia may cut off the supply of a large carrier aircraft should be in accordance with the "generation equipment, pre-generation research and development generation" of sound principles first the development of medium-early-warning aircraft to meet the military need; Moreover, China has sufficient accumulation of medium-sized transport aircraft, as the platform for its rapid development.
The fact that since then, decision-making departments to adopt a "two-pronged" approach - a small number of large-scale early warning aircraft for regional early warning, early warning aircraft are a large number of medium-sized production, flexible deployment, and for export. Through the efforts, today's Chinese Air Force also has a large early warning aircraft and air police air police -2,000 -200 medium early warning aircraft, with the strength level of pattern formation.
"New projects" aim at the international level
As for the birth of early warning aircraft made medium-sized domestic and foreign media have also been disclosed in recent years. According to Taiwan's "Global Defense Magazine," saying, in 2001, Shaanxi Aircraft Manufacturing Company received a mandate to require the transport-8C transport aircraft based on the development of special platform that is outside the so-called "high-tech engineering." Collaboration with the Shaanxi Aircraft early warning radar partner research team, by the China Electronics Technology Group, led a research institute.
In 2003, equipped with new radar early warning aircraft first flight success. For confidential consideration, domestic media reported at the time bore more subtle - "The successful development of the model works ... ... for the future of this platform modifications required to improve performance even more good variety of special purpose aircraft, opened up more promising. "
Military parade on National Day last year, -200, and a number of domestic air planes police, together at last public appearance before the world. Hong Kong, "Phoenix Magazine" in the analysis of its performance, said that China learn from the Swedish "Ericsson eyes" the characteristics of radar, the radar system on the use of advanced phased array form, even if 30% of the failure of the launch module to maintain a basic detection function.
Interestingly, carrying "Erieye" radar Sweden "Saab 2000" early warning aircraft, also was included in the Pakistan Air Force's procurement list. Outside in accordance with the basic inference machine, said air marshals -200 base in 200 kilometers away from the continuing activities of 7-9 hours. Patrol, it is usually from 6000 to 7000 m altitude, then the maximum radar detection range of 300 to 450 km, can simultaneously track more than 200 batches of target.
J -10 for the Pakistan army to fight the former station introduced

"Asia-Pacific defense" that the Chinese AWACS air marshals -200 not the end of development, whether in resolving the problem, the military-industrial sector is moving performance of sophisticated goals. Beginning in 2007, the network carrying dishes on the spread of a new type of early warning aircraft photos, this design will help reduce the blind spot detection, may represent the future development of air marshals -200 direction.
Late last year, Pakistan Air Force chief of staff, General Suleiman, said the main force to meet the Pakistan Air Force JF-17 fighter and the future F -10 fighter jets from China's early warning command needs Pakistan to seek complementary to China to buy medium-sized AWACS, aircraft code is ZDK-03. It is noteworthy that export-oriented early warning radar frequency, the number of target tracking, processing capacity is optimized to respond to the pressure of the air force from neighboring countries. Today, the British news media, that Pakistan may import ZDK-03, also showed that domestic medium-sized AWACS very bright future.

One of the Chinese web site Google translation(its really bad but some good point)
-----------------------------------------------------------
Earlier, the United Kingdom, "Flight International" Web site broke the news said the Pakistan Air Force since China introduced the ZDK-03 medium early warning aircraft will be delivered before the end of the year. This news soon as the Pakistani media widely reproduced. Analysis that the Pakistan army will get this type of early warning aircraft, and the People's Liberation Army front mounted this empty police -200 AWACS technically closely linked; on the Chinese side is concerned, it is not only a tool for export, but also improve the national air defense system an important part. Some media said, ZDK-03 medium-sized AWACS loved not only by Pakistan, and even Southeast Asian countries in hot pursuit of this early warning aircraft, and expressed the intention to buy, but due to some disputes in the sea area, China has not made clear to the Southeast Asian countries export intention.
The level of R & D with emphasis on early warning aircraft
The development of China's early warning aircraft, has experienced 60 years of the 20th century "Great Leap Forward" and 90 "full introduction of" two stages, but had ended in failure. The former Soviet bombers in transforming the basis of "empty warning 1" testing machine, the performance is poor because of dismount. The latter tried to import from Israel, "Phalcon" early warning aircraft, but the U.S. blocked, Israel in 2001 to terminate the contract. Faced with the grim situation in air defense, early warning aircraft in China R & D only one way of self-reliance.
Published in May this year, Hong Kong, "Asia-Pacific Defense" magazine papers, said the project demonstrated the process, military-industrial sector has been divided on the type of carrier aircraft. Some people think that, given the vast territory, large-scale early warning should be launched directly; while others stressed that, early warning aircraft technical complexity, coupled with Russia may cut off the supply of a large carrier aircraft should be in accordance with the "generation equipment, pre-generation research and development generation" of sound principles first the development of medium-early-warning aircraft to meet the military need; Moreover, China has sufficient accumulation of medium-sized transport aircraft, as the platform for its rapid development.
The fact that since then, decision-making departments to adopt a "two-pronged" approach - a small number of large-scale early warning aircraft for regional early warning, early warning aircraft are a large number of medium-sized production, flexible deployment, and for export. Through the efforts, today's Chinese Air Force also has a large early warning aircraft and air police air police -2,000 -200 medium early warning aircraft, with the strength level of pattern formation.
"New projects" aim at the international level
As for the birth of early warning aircraft made medium-sized domestic and foreign media have also been disclosed in recent years. According to Taiwan's "Global Defense Magazine," saying, in 2001, Shaanxi Aircraft Manufacturing Company received a mandate to require the transport-8C transport aircraft based on the development of special platform that is outside the so-called "high-tech engineering." Collaboration with the Shaanxi Aircraft early warning radar partner research team, by the China Electronics Technology Group, led a research institute.
In 2003, equipped with new radar early warning aircraft first flight success. For confidential consideration, domestic media reported at the time bore more subtle - "The successful development of the model works ... ... for the future of this platform modifications required to improve performance even more good variety of special purpose aircraft, opened up more promising. "
Military parade on National Day last year, -200, and a number of domestic air planes police, together at last public appearance before the world. Hong Kong, "Phoenix Magazine" in the analysis of its performance, said that China learn from the Swedish "Ericsson eyes" the characteristics of radar, the radar system on the use of advanced phased array form, even if 30% of the failure of the launch module to maintain a basic detection function.
Interestingly, carrying "Erieye" radar Sweden "Saab 2000" early warning aircraft, also was included in the Pakistan Air Force's procurement list. Outside in accordance with the basic inference machine, said air marshals -200 base in 200 kilometers away from the continuing activities of 7-9 hours. Patrol, it is usually from 6000 to 7000 m altitude, then the maximum radar detection range of 300 to 450 km, can simultaneously track more than 200 batches of target.
J -10 for the Pakistan army to fight the former station introduced

"Asia-Pacific defense" that the Chinese AWACS air marshals -200 not the end of development, whether in resolving the problem, the military-industrial sector is moving performance of sophisticated goals. Beginning in 2007, the network carrying dishes on the spread of a new type of early warning aircraft photos, this design will help reduce the blind spot detection, may represent the future development of air marshals -200 direction.
Late last year, Pakistan Air Force chief of staff, General Suleiman, said the main force to meet the Pakistan Air Force JF-17 fighter and the future F -10 fighter jets from China's early warning command needs Pakistan to seek complementary to China to buy medium-sized AWACS, aircraft code is ZDK-03. It is noteworthy that export-oriented early warning radar frequency, the number of target tracking, processing capacity is optimized to respond to the pressure of the air force from neighboring countries. Today, the British news media, that Pakistan may import ZDK-03, also showed that domestic medium-sized AWACS very bright future.

Man, thanks for the post but the translation thing, made it sound like a lot more worse than it actually is........:blink:

There is really nothing wrong with that.. believe me..They just decided to paint it that way...and I think it belongs in the tankers section..:azn:

As for the sudden brainwaves about the ATR..
The ATR lacks the size and capacity to house the system the PAF was looking for, otherwise MPA ATR's are in service around the globe..
Also.. the PIA was also forced to try the SAAB machine in a bid to get a common maintenance platform. However the aircraft was never the PIA's cup of tea.

I don't know why a professional organization like PAF would even bother meddling their minds with as corrupt and in-efficient organization as PIA.

I mean, PAF didn't buy aerial refuelers from Boeing or Airbus.....but the IL 78s which are totally new to us...so i doubt if the maintenance would have actually been an issue.

maybe they would have thought of volume discount on aircrafts and their spare parts......

Pakistan purchased 7 ATR 42-500 for PIA along with 6 Saab 2000. The deal was with 14 Erieye radar (7 with ATR 42-500 and 6 with Saab 2000) in 2006.

Pakistan got 7 ATR 42-500 but later decreased number of Erieye to 5 or 6 only for SAAB not for ATR 42-500.

So Y not, now Pakistan deal for 7 Erieye for ATR 42-500?????

Click here to view ATR 42-500

466808db7fba542_500_generalpresentation.jpg

there was never a deal for erieye fitted on the ATR. additionally 14 erieyes were never considered!!!

Twin seat versions of aircrafts like Mirages, F7s, and F 16 are almost as capable and in some cases more in combat as their single seat version and are used as such so there is nothing unsual about seeing them in combat colors.

My Appology, But I never saw twin seater F-7.

f7lineup_paf.jpg

30.jpg

well friends, i know that the AWE&C side have been a bit silent for some time now but does this really meant we start discussing Mirage Refueling and F7 twin seaters over here???

regards!

i am sorry as i have not is continues touch with this thread for some time.
can someone update about:

Number of Erieye fitted planes we have received
what is there current ststus? have they seen asny actio in some exercises?
Squadron and based in??

if some one can updated on this i will be really thank full and can keep pace with thread form here on...

regards!

I think 2 have been recieved and they had been used in exercise High Mark as well.
The chinese awac will come this year.

I think we have received two of the four Saab 2000 Airborne Warning & Control System (AWACS) so far. The second one was delivered to PAF in April 2010.

I think we have received two of the four Saab 2000 Airborne Warning & Control System (AWACS) so far. The second one was delivered to PAF in April 2010.

yes, i have been looking for this information since i posted the above post.
i have checked with my frined, the one who is responsible of 40% of my knowledge about PAF ;)

well it is confirmed that PAF have got two system. they are operational and most probably stationed at Sargodha!:agree:

regards!

Last edited by a moderator:
2 systems of Saab Erieye received and as of now both are stationed at Kamra, going under further testing, evaluation and training.

very good machine

---------- Post added at 08:51 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:50 PM ----------

awacs is now a days necessary for a countaries defence

the PAF Erieye saw there first action at high Mark 2010

enjoy!!

regards!

Last edited by a moderator:
2 systems of Saab Erieye received and as of now both are stationed at Kamra, going under further testing, evaluation and training.

and these are in addition tothe one SAAB plane initially received for crew training.
i mean we have now two oprational Erieye systems, two eyes in sky!!
:pakistan: :yahoo:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom