What's new

Pics of helicopters of Pakistan army

Now this is not owned by Army Aviation. See it has a USA registration number, and might have come here in Pakistan for trials but never purchased.

yup i think ur right 1-2 407 came to pak for trials but i THINK we never bought them
this is a pic of experimental 407 at karachi airport,
bell407helicopter1karachi082003.jpg

Great pic's guys thx for sharing :)

Augusta westland AW139

6th Aviation Squadron for emergency relief operations

aw_139.JPG

aw139_jan7.jpg

Last edited:
Mani and Blackperal, i believe Pakistan had asked for a sale of around 40 Bell-407s back in 2003 and the US DSCA had issued a notification also, but it seems the deal did not go through, rather the Bell-412s came up and were given.

As I haven't seen any Bell-407s in PA colors or flying anywhere in Pakistan.

It may not have passed the tests or the Bell guys wanted to sell the Bell-412s to promote this as it may have been lacking orders.

Bell-407s don't seem to fit the profile of a troop transporters or some heavy usage product.

welll still im not satisfied with our millitary aviation most of them are retired specially Belll series from USA armed forces arsenal for how long we count on the system which are old and rusted why not pakistan and china co develop varieties of helicopters from heavy lift to medium utlility helicopter to attack gunship helicopters to vip transport helicopter china is fuullly capable of doing it if we invest and pushed them and im sure and cheap prize most of customers will buy them specially from african nations

i can see a 403 in here... oops we have these birds...

This is most probably the Bell 206, also called Jet Ranger.

These have been in service for a long time now, PA has them, FC have them and i believe the govt also uses a few.

We have Bell 206s and Bell 412s.

There is no Bell 403, i believe you meant 407. 407 is a 4 blade, single engine aircraft, which Pakistan had requested in 2003, but it seems the deal did not went through, instead we got the better 412s.

these jet ranges are good for police but dont know about for army aviation use because it cannot take enemy bullets too much in war time easy target to take out even for AK 47 and it is hard to bring dorwn MI 17 Black hawks NH 90 they can take more damage while flying even jet ranger era of 80 used with US police forces for tracking crimnals and etc but not good for army use for sure

these jet ranges are good for police but dont know about for army aviation use because it cannot take enemy bullets too much in war time easy target to take out even for AK 47 and it is hard to bring dorwn MI 17 Black hawks NH 90 they can take more damage while flying even jet ranger era of 80 used with US police forces for tracking crimnals and etc but not good for army use for sure

Bell 206 are mainly use for light transport purpose but they can also be used for training pilots for the bigger platforms,They are cheaper to operate as compared to others you are talking abt , Even india is looking to buy bell 206L which a licensed built variant of bell 206 by european countries including italy ,There are many strong militaires all around the world using these heli's including US themselve and israel, turkey etc These offer some benefits thats y they are used in such large numbers otherwise the things you pointed are not difficult to pick by military analysts and experts

yes they might be using them for trainning purposses but they are not using them in battlefield do u have seen anyone of them in battlefield

yes they might be using them for trainning purposses but they are not using them in battlefield do u have seen anyone of them in battlefield

Pakistan Army operates Bell Jet Ranger II and III type helicopters. they are not primerilly used for training as TH-300C is the standard training helicopter pf Army. The main role of JRs is to act as scout helos for Cobra squadrons, the same role as USA OH-58 series do, the difference i that OH-58 is armed version, while our JRs are not armed. the secondary role is VIP transport, observation etc.
The light/dark colour jetranger shown in upper picture along with Allouette, is a pic taken while Lahore Manawan Police Academy operation, 2009. Its a Bell 206L Long Ranger, owned by Pakistan Rangers, Punjab.
Jet rangers are only used as a secondry role in training pilots who convert to US origin machines only (Cobra and UH-1Hs)

Last edited:
welll but stilll i think it is not good against gun fire few burst can bring this out it is not made for take a damage sir yes but still it is good for reconacinse

welll but stilll i think it is not good against gun fire few burst can bring this out it is not made for take a damage sir yes but still it is good for reconacinse

Scout helos are required to be agile and highly maneuverable, flying close to ground 10-15 feet, taking cover of trees, sand dunes, small ridges. for better controllability, no extra weight, like armour protection, for crew, helo vital protection is afforded. The aim of any scout is to locate enemy, pass back information to HQ, and as soon as the heavy cavalry appears on scene (cobras, apaches), disengage itself and then assume a command and control position, high above, out of enemy weapons. So scout helos does not themselves engage enemy, their task is done, as soon as they contact enemy, and direct the following gunships over the target.
Scout helos are not suited for COIN operations for obvious reasons. Basically, scout helos are designed to fly over plains, against armoured and mechanized formations, racing forward over vast area, and they may pick large targets, tanks, APCs etc, they cannot pick up small groups of men . they are also not good, for hilly areas.

US Army has gone one step ahead and equip its OH-58Ds (derivative of JR) into armed helos, to take oppertunity targets only which present less danger to helo itself. often you see the pics of 58Ds in Iraq, with their side doors removed, and pilot is fully exposed to his side. just to serve 2 purposes, less weight, and pilot has good allround observation.
Thats the reason we donot see Jet Rangers in WOT in FATA, in any of the news videos, as iconic MI-17, cobras and 412s.

but stilll these are not good to be used in full scale war with india yes this might be good for our reconcinse of area but for in use with a war time it should not been used small rocket can bring it down better we have something like of black hawk to carry our soldiers from one point to other as we alll know china is good in reverse engeneering they already have american black hawks if we puch them they can build copy of black hawks with slight changes so no rights probleum come and we can sell them to african nations and this will increase our armies transportation and they will fell the difference when they use black hawks along with MI 17

Back
Top Bottom