What's new

Plans to harass and crush Pak army from multiple sides- such plans likely to fail

FaujHistorian

ELITE MEMBER
Reaction score
Country
Pakistan
I see news about shelling on Pakistani positions in three points.

1. Afghanistani army shelling in Angor Ada, Wazirastan.
------- Result: 1 Afghanistani soldier dead (RIP), 2 Pakistani soldiers injured (Hope they recover soon)
2. iranian border gaurds fired mortars in Punjgor, Balochistan
----- Luckily no casualties (that I know off)

3. Today Indian Shelling on Sialkot working border
--- (Updated) Now it is confirmed that one Indian soldier dead. RIP

Purpose: Pressure Pak army to direct its attention from internal situation thus providing relief to Taliban-bastards, and corrupt mafias (working on behalf of India and others)

What Pakistani army should do:

respond in kind, but do not get distracted and play into the hand of anti-Pakistan forces.
I feel that none of them including Iranian Ayatullah, Indian Modi, and Afgahnistani Abdullah Abdulla have balls to do anything more than firing few shots.

@Atanz, @Gufi, @Slav Defence, @Luftwaffe, @WebMaster, @Jungibaaz, @jaibi, @notsuperstitious, @Azlan Haider, @ajpirzada, @DESERT FIGHTER,

@AgNoStiC MuSliM, @Jazzbot, @Jf Thunder, @Hyperion, @JonAsad, @Nihonjin1051, @cirr, @Cherokee @Donatello, @Genesis, @Bamxa, @SarthakGanguly, @Cat Shannon, @Butchcassidy, @Norwegian, @Mr.UTurn, @GreenFalcon, @Syed.Ali.Haider, @KURUMAYA, @Gazi,

@Joe Shearer, @scorpionx, @Irfan Baloch, @orangzaib, @jhungary, @Xeric, @Icarus, @CENTCOM, @Emilly David

Last edited:

------- Result: 1 Afghanistani soldier dead, 2 Pakistani soldiers injured

--- Unconfirmed reports of one Indian soldier dead

Purpose: Pressure Pak army to direct its attention from internal situation thus providing relief to Taliban-bastards, and corrupt mafias (working on behalf of India and others)

respond in kind, but do not get distracted and play into the hand of anti-Pakistan forces.
I feel that none of them including Iranian Ayatullah, Indian Modi, and Afgahnistani Abdullah Abdulla have balls to do anything more than firing few shots.
Pakistan only needs to worry about the Eastern Front.

The Afghan's don't really have the capacity to do anything significant without getting flattened in return. We need to give Ghani time to exert control over the NDS and ANA, and Pakistan needs to increase pressure on the Taliban to engage with Ghani and give him space domestically to cut out anti-Pakistan elements in the NDS and ANA.

The Iranian's are not a concern either - they've been carrying out small scale mortar attacks on and off against suspected smugglers and insurgents. Iran also knows that Pakistan is trying to maintain a delicate balance in its relationship with the Saudis and Iran, and increased hostilities from Iran will only drive Pakistan closer to the Saudi camp.

As you said, Pakistan should keep doing what it's doing and stay focused on the anti-terror operations in FATA and Balochistan. What we really need though is for the the GoP to step up in terms of reforms and rehabilitation of the IDP's.

Interesting point of view and i agree to a certain extent.

Looking on the positive side, whatever we are doing, whether it is in Karachi, FATA or Balochistan seems to be lighting a fire under our enemies. It seems to be working positively for Pakistan which is causing them to react in their own unique way.

I agree that we have to stay the course but the army can't do all of this by themselves. They need support from the civilian government as they have requested numerous times in the past. What scares me personally and makes me nervous is that we are bound to have some foreign elements in our political parties as well and, I'm not sure, how we will root them out.

Finding and eliminating miscreants is relatively easy. Taking out a foreign spy who is embedded within our government will be a little tough.

Overall positive developments for our country but still a long way to go.

Pakistan only needs to worry about the Eastern Front.

The Afghan's don't really have the capacity to do anything significant without getting flattened in return. We need to give Ghani time to exert control over the NDS and ANA, and Pakistan needs to increase pressure on the Taliban to engage with Ghani and give him space domestically to cut out anti-Pakistan elements in the NDS and ANA.

The Iranian's are not a concern either - they've been carrying out small scale mortar attacks on and off against suspected smugglers and insurgents. Iran also knows that Pakistan is trying to maintain a delicate balance in its relationship with the Saudis and Iran, and increased hostilities from Iran will only drive Pakistan closer to the Saudi camp.

As you said, Pakistan should keep doing what it's doing and stay focused on the anti-terror operations in FATA and Balochistan. What we really need though is for the the GoP to step up in terms of reforms and rehabilitation of the IDP's.

I respectfully degree about Eastern front.

Pakistan's Eastern front is now in stalemate. Both Bharat and Pakistan know this border is no longer viable to attack Pakistan. Costs will be too high for both.

Thus India + Iran has shifted their focus on Pakistan's western front.

Luckily Iranians logistics do not allow them for large scale action,
So the only major "soft spot" where Idians and Iranians can manipulate is our border with Afghanistan.

so for the next 5 years, India_+Iran + Pro-Indian groups in Afghanistan will create HUGE danger on Pak-Af border.

Hope this explains.

firing from 3 sides, and probably a few US drones doing their thing too.. :P

firing from 3 sides, and probably a few US drones doing their thing too.. :P

Naaah.

US Drones have been pretty much limited to extreme border areas with Afghanistan.

In fact if you are keeping track of things. they are now moving closer to Kabul.

Once Pak army clears an area, US respects it and moves drones further West. Sort of a good team work.

@Atanz, @Gufi, @Slav Defence, @Luftwaffe, @WebMaster, @Jungibaaz, @jaibi, @notsuperstitious, @Azlan Haider, @ajpirzada, @DESERT FIGHTER,

@AgNoStiC MuSliM, @Jazzbot, @Jf Thunder, @Hyperion, @JonAsad, @Nihonjin1051, @cirr, @Cherokee @Donatello, @Genesis, @Bamxa, @SarthakGanguly, @Cat Shannon, @Butchcassidy, @Norwegian, @Mr.UTurn, @GreenFalcon, @Syed.Ali.Haider, @KURUMAYA, @Gazi,

@Joe Shearer, @scorpionx, @Irfan Baloch, @orangzaib, @jhungary, @Xeric, @Icarus, @CENTCOM, @Emilly David

This is a very volatile region. Just for the sake of discussion if I ask you what major has happened in last 5 years (in terms of casualities) if you talk about exchange of fire between Pakistan vs India/Iran/Afghanistan armed forces ? Nothing much if I am not wrong.How did you reach to conclusion that they are conspiring to crush Pakistan Army when Pakistan Army is fighting its war within its own terriotry (and against its own people) ?

Has there been any real escalation on border like troop build-up from either side?

The sporadic shelling is a classic case of we say you did it and vice versa, I doubt anyone civilian knows who actually initiates it. Our Army says the shelling is for inserting insurgents in Kashmir and your army says the selling is to distract attention from internal situations.

In case of absence of troop build-up on border by Indian side Pakistan doesn't need to divert resources both human and material from operations against TPP and Mafias. Pakistani military is also sufficiently capable of multi-tasking that is if the shelling is being done by India.

so for the next 5 years, India_+Iran + Pro-Indian groups in Afghanistan will create HUGE danger on Pak-Af border.
'pro Indian groups' wut ?

apart from some original elements of the previous Taliban 'government', whole afghan nation is pro India, not India's doing, AF-Pak have an ugly history involving many wars.. some say mullah omar is in a ISI safehouse in Quetta

AF-Pak border is dangerous anyway, and the Iranians view Pak suspiciously for it's closeness to the house of Saud... no need to blame India for problems on the Pakistani western fronts, but it is possible that they are operating there, just like ISI might be active in Nagaland etc

For once if I tend to believe that Indian army wants Talibans at their immediate backyard, posing extraordinary threat to its internal security, they could have gone beyond small and medium scale firing forcing Pakistanis to divert resources from their western front. I know from my heart and I hope its not true.

Last edited:
(and against its own people) ?

Good points in the rest of your post.

Could you elaborate on this part of your post? (I quoted above)

For once if I tend to believe that Indian army wants Talibans at their immediate backyard, posing extraordinary threat to its internal security, they could have gone beyond small and medium scale firing forcing Pakistanis to divert resources from their western front. I know from my heart and I hope its not true.

Good points.

My news are that Pak army now have enough numbers to have substantial presences on both Indian and Afghanistani borders.

It took around 10 years to build the capacity. But now there are enough numbers to take care of both borders.

In fact One division is being spared for CPEC.

This in addition to heavy presence of rangers in Karachi + Sindh
And FC presence in Balochistan.

So the numbers have changed quite bit compared to 1980-1990 period.

peace

These are isolated incidents that will not deter Pakistan from the task at hand. Although @AgNoStiC MuSliM has already done a wonderful job of explaining the whole thing, I will just add more to what's already been said.

India: Cross-border shelling with India is a common feature of the LOC and Working Boundary, it has been the case since I can recall and will continue to be so in the future though there has been an increase in the number of these incidents since Modi came to power primarily because India is trying to flex its muscles as a regional power and their latest philosophy involves disengaging with Pakistan on a political/diplomatic front whilst applying pressure through limited use of force. It is a tactic that will lead nowhere but is important for Modi in terms of keeping his vote bank placated who buy into his bravado and the size of his titties.

Afghanistan: The Afghans have a genuine problem, they are the poker table for the world's powers and everyone is playing their hand. The result is that Afghan policy looks to be going every which way except forward. The ANA is untrained, corrupt and heavily influenced by local warlords, some problems are to be expected but they will never pose much of a threat and the situation will not escalate beyond a small exchange of mortars that too will see the Afghans taking most of the casualties.

Iran: The last thing Iran wants is a Balochistan spiraling out of Pakistan's control, their part of it goes too if that happens. That has been and shall continue to be our greatest deterrent, most of Iran's concerns lay around border jumpers and the recent agreement to facilitate join patrolling will help in eliminating instances of cross firing.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom