What's new

Retaking Kashmir after 70 years

Coming to NC...
@Nilgiri

Do please add an additional mountain brigade directly under 14 Corps. Moreover, for 15 Corps, directly under Corps, there are additional two mountain brigades and and AD Brigade.

For 16 Corps, 39 Division is not part of it. You can also minus the three IABs from 16 Corps. You can add additional infantry brigade directly under 16 Corps.

Another thing, for all Commands of IA, do not forget that there are command reserves as well.
In case of NC, these are 39 Mountain Division and an additional AD Brigade.

Coming to NC...
@Nilgiri

Do please add an additional mountain brigade directly under 14 Corps. Moreover, for 15 Corps, directly under Corps, there are additional two mountain brigades and and AD Brigade.

For 16 Corps, 39 Division is not part of it. You can also minus the three IABs from 16 Corps. You can add additional infantry brigade directly under 16 Corps.

Another thing, for all Commands of IA, do not forget that there are command reserves as well.

My mistake about 39 Div., placing it under 16th Corps rather than direct under Northern Command. That is what it seemed like at the time.

Where, according to you, should the three Independent Armoured Brigades go? Further south, to be attached to the next Corps, that was to engage in action in tank country?

My mistake about 39 Div., placing it under 16th Corps rather than direct under Northern Command. That is what it seemed like at the time.

Where, according to you, should the three Independent Armoured Brigades go? Further south, to be attached to the next Corps, that was to engage in action in tank country?

If your corrections are correct (I have no doubt they are, I have no intention of interrogating them or my earlier informants), then, considering that all the counter-insurgency is conducted by the Rashtriya Rifles, and that these are not under the complement of any of the Corps, other than forming part of the Joint Committee along with the local police, the CAPF and politicians and administrators, each of the three Corps, including the China-facing one, has more reach and power than was thought of them.

More than mere border defence, unless it reflects a timorous attitude packing on layers and layers of formations against any disastrous breakthrough at any part of the border. This is a troubling vision.

If your corrections are correct (I have no doubt they are, I have no intention of interrogating them or my earlier informants), then, considering that all the counter-insurgency is conducted by the Rashtriya Rifles, and that these are not under the complement of any of the Corps, other than forming part of the Joint Committee along with the local police, the CAPF and politicians and administrators, each of the three Corps, including the China-facing one, has more reach and power than was thought of them.

More than mere border defence, unless it reflects a timorous attitude packing on layers and layers of formations against any disastrous breakthrough at any part of the border. This is a troubling vision.

IABs are further south. Of course in tankable country.

There are upwards of 200 battalions of RR organized into 5 Sectors for internal security. There capabilities are not less than our Mujahid units.

Yes, all these three Corps are potent enough.

IABs are further south. Of course in tankable country.

There are upwards of 200 battalions of RR organized into 5 Sectors for internal security. There capabilities are not less than our Mujahid units.

Yes, all these three Corps are potent enough.

I have mentioned the RR extensively when doing a head-count for the 700,000 gang. But that was probably just before you returned to the forum.

Coming to NC...
@Nilgiri

Thanks sir, I will create a "version 5" on the doc file with this info.

Later I will make a new map version with the final updates too.

Lets indeed go through IA side completely first for your input/updates on it.

Then you can give input on PA ORBAT side that I used (thus far)...which I believe was overall earlier combined effort of Joe, Signalian and Gryphon.

I will post that word doc later for your convenience.

For WC

For 9 Corps, do please add two independent armored brigades, an arty brigade, an AD brigade and an independent infantry brigade (that much) as Corps Reserves.

For 11 Corps, add one Corps AD Brigade.

Thanks sir, I will create a "version 5" on the doc file with this info.

Later I will make a new map version with the final updates too.

Lets indeed go through IA side completely first for your input/updates on it.

Then you can give input on PA ORBAT side that I used (thus far)...which I believe was overall earlier combined effort of Joe, Signalian and Gryphon.

I will post that word doc later for your convenience.

Would be fine. i'm intentionally not correcting the locations you have written in the ORBAT file. Some people here might feel perturbed, worried or insecure.:p:

This area south west of Badin, is it passable by tanks ?
Rann.JPG

Would be fine. i'm intentionally not correcting the locations you have written in the ORBAT file. Some people here might feel perturbed, worried or insecure.:p:

Hehe, yep! Maybe not so much the case if India and Pakistan were same land size....but India got lot of "spare" "distant" "official" quartering...may or may not be the case in reality....and I'd expect PA knows quite well on the matter too.

Engineering solutions for making terrain passable ?

There are, but then, engineering solutions take time and moreover, no one has that many assets to make it possible. If it were the case, IA would have poured in through the Nara.

There are, but then, engineering solutions take time and moreover, no one has that many assets to make it possible. If it were the case, IA would have poured in through the Nara.
Cant be sure if this is on the drawing board in the planning rooms of Indian Military

Cant be sure if this is on the drawing board in the planning rooms of Indian Military

Its beyond their own capability as well. Even if they try, move of engineering assets(being big and easily identifiable) are good advance indicators of the other side planning to do something. In that case, airforce becomes in handy. But otherwise, its beyond their capability.

Hehe, yep! Maybe not so much the case if India and Pakistan were same land size....but India got lot of "spare" "distant" "official" quartering...may or may not be the case in reality....and I'd expect PA knows quite well on the matter too.

Please look at the next three or four posts (#281 to 284). Those are the most interesting. The evaluation is correct, and it has been made in more than one place.

Its beyond their own capability as well. Even if they try, move of engineering assets(being big and easily identifiable) are good advance indicators of the other side planning to do something. In that case, airforce becomes in handy. But otherwise, its beyond their capability.

Passable by Amphibious vehs like M113 or BMP2?
Hovercraft

Back
Top Bottom