What's new

T-80 and T-84 Main Battle Tanks Information pool

I dont know where ppl come up with these bright ideas, like selling t 80ud.
HIT spend 100 of millions of dollars to retool n upgrade HIT for this purpose ( in addition to others)

T80ud has been undergoing complete overhaul with chinese/russian help for some time now....as even long before the war the Ukrainians wanted an arm n a leg with third rate quality parts.
So a few years ago it was decided to go for complete overhaul with chinese/russian help....before the russians attacked ukraine it was more russian n less chinese....right now I guess it would be more chinese n less russian

i think selling these tanks will not be a bad idea even if it leaves a gap of 300 tanks .. if not Ukraine, there are other countries like libya, iraq etc. can buy it .. we can wash our hands with these good but older generation tanks and not need to worry about them in the future.
Oh yes, decommission one of the two armoured divs you have. Paksitan will be rendered almost toothless in the south.

And what will you replace them with? Where will you find the money to replace them? How long will it take? How will we fill the gap left by 320 tanks while new ones come? Why sell 3rd Gen tanks when we have several hundred 1st Gen ones? You literally just ignored all the issues I raised and said the same thing again…
But the earth is flat…

I dont know where ppl come up with these bright ideas, like selling t 80ud.
HIT spend 100 of millions of dollars to retool n upgrade HIT for this purpose ( in addition to others)

T80ud has been undergoing complete overhaul with chinese/russian help for some time now....as even long before the war the Ukrainians wanted an arm n a leg with third rate quality parts.
So a few years ago it was decided to go for complete overhaul with chinese/russian help....before the russians attacked ukraine it was more russian n less chinese....right now I guess it would be more chinese n less russian
There is also a line up of workshops along GT road and other places where many of the powertrain are serviced for a lot of these first and third gen armored vehicles beyond LRUs.

Interesting way the PA has taken on vehicle servicing by employing this “cottage” industry

There is also a line up of workshops along GT road and other places where many of the powertrain are serviced for a lot of these first and third gen armored vehicles beyond LRUs.

Interesting way the PA has taken on vehicle servicing by employing this “cottage” industry
No I am talking about completele overhaul not periodic mentinance, its akin to mlu.it can only happen at HIT.....the tanks taken apart completely to the last nut n bolt n then put together completely.....if HIT choses it can even make quite a few upgrades....

No I am talking about completele overhaul not periodic mentinance, its akin to mlu.it can only happen at HIT.....the tanks taken apart completely to the last nut n bolt n then put together completely.....if HIT choses it can even make quite a few upgrades....
Except a lot of that work was done at Bahawalpur and not HIT.
HIT did do most of the development for the localization and upgradation of the UD. (most, not all, plenty of it was done elsewhere too, NUST CEME comes to mind), but I don’t believe they did most of the rebuilding. The army did that itself.

Last edited:
Except a lot of that work was done at multan and not HIT.
HIT did do most of the development for the localization and upgradation of the UD. (again, most, plenty of it was done elsewhere too, NUST CEME comes to mind), but I don’t believe they did most of the rebuilding. The army did that itself.
No the whole overhaul is being done at HIT n no where else

No the whole overhaul is being done at HIT n no where else
We’ve literally seen several photos of the rebuilds being conducted in army factories elsewhere. I’ve been to HIT enough times to know what happens there and doesn’t.

HIT didn’t do all of the R&D or the work for the T80UD overhaul.

Bhawalpur Workshop
Workshops locations have been so articulated so that equipment from Central or South Pakistan doesnt have to travel all the way to North Pakistan for processing. In this case, Bahwalpur workshop looks after the needs of equipment located in South Punjab and Northern Sindh. Sometimes, southern Sindh as well.

Workshops locations have been so articulated so that equipment from Central or South Pakistan doesnt have to travel all the way to North Pakistan for processing. In this case, Bahwalpur workshop looks after the needs of equipment located in South Punjab and Northern Sindh. Sometimes, southern Sindh as well.
isnt there a smaller new one being built in central sindh as well for tanks.

We’ve literally seen several photos of the rebuilds being conducted in army factories elsewhere. I’ve been to HIT enough times to know what happens there and doesn’t.

HIT didn’t do all of the R&D or the work for the T80UD overhaul.
Bhawalpur Workshop
Only for tanks (and apcs)? No arty?
Because last year I asked this about M109s.
But I wanted to ask why vehicles from south are sent to 502 as most of our mech/armd assets are concentrated in the southern Punjab

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom