What's new

Thoughts on the 'Mohajir sooba', & the May 22 attacks in Karachi

If they hate it here, why don't they leave then? Go back to India. Who's stopping them?

They are neither welcome nor wanted in India mate. They chose their allegiances in '47. Good or bad they ought to live with it.

If they hate it here, why don't they leave then? Go back to India. Who's stopping them?

we already have our Sindhi brothers who were made to live Karachi for exchange of Muhajirs. Now, they are your own people who created Pakistan for you, not our concern anymore.

This thread is about MQM, & how it isn't really representative of the mindset of the common 'Mohajir'/Urdu speaker. This thread is not about Urdu speakers vs Punjabis/Sindhis/Pakhtuns etc. So please take your trolling about 'Mohajirs' vs Punjabis/Sindhis/Pakhtuns elsewhere.

Then they should get visa and get lost.

you talking like a mean first you guys expelled all the Hindus of that city and don't want accept Muhajirs in that place. And you are insulting those people who left their ancestral village/towns for allegience to Pakistan.

Thəorətic Muslim;2963342 said:
I am a "Mohajir" in America, i would like to have a Mohajir sooba in America also. <----Good luck with that.

"Mohajir"s have integrated well in punjab, Balochistan, GB, Kashmir and KP. If you ("Mohajir"s)dont like living in Sindh, why dont you leave?

First come with a pakistani flag to speak as a pakistani and no hiding behind your master's flag, you have not known about pakistan so get the fracking knowledge before blabbering?

you are a mohajir right, but mohajirs in america came to america for opportunities when america had already made nukes, when america was already super power, mohajirs of pakistan have made the country, physically and economically and made pakistan nuclear

saraikis and bhawalpuris and hazaras can have their province but when we need one then we are said to leave country, thats the sign that urdu speakers arnt considered equal pakistanis

there is no discrimination in america, but there is discrimination in pakistan, even balochs are speaking about that discrimination

Leave where ?

Not to India, I suppose.

and who are you to say that its not your matter, dont look for opportunities and come trolling, post reported

Listen friends,

Mohajir or not mohajir, we are all Pakistanis first. I don't mind if you disagree with the 'mohajir sooba' concept and refute the whole idea by criticizing it but any pointless rants for them to go back to India will be deleted immediately and can also lead to infractions.

I am an Urdu speaking person from Karachi, whose parents migrated from Delhi in 1947. I was born in Pakistan in the 1950's. I am not a "Mahajir" because I was born in Pakistan. There is no such thing as Mahajir in Pakistan anymore because most Mahajirs have passed away already.

I DO NOT support Karachi to be an " Urdu Sooba " because many other linguistic and ethnic groups live in Karachi ( e.g. Pashtoon, Sindhi, Baluchi and Punjabi/Saraiki). Karachi is an open city for for all of our Pakistani brothers and does not belong to any one ethnicity. All of you that are asking for a Mahajir Sooba need to get a life.

However, If Karachi is made an Administrative Federal Territory ( like Washington D.C. ) that is another matter. But that does not mean MQM RAJ. I think MQM is a loser organization and Altaf Hussain is the biggest COWARD hiding in London. Altaf Hussain has no credibility to represent anyone let alone highly Educated Urdu Speakers of Karachi. Maybe he represents some low class uneducated masses of Azizabad. I have no use for Altaf Hussain. I prefer Imran Khan over Altaf Hussain any day.
:pakistan:

May I ask a question and I ask this without any malice :

Why are the Urdu-Speakers in Karachi and parts of Sindh still identified as 'Mohajir' ? Why....? Because here in Lahore I've known many 'Urdu-Speakers'; my Grandma's best friend is an Urdu-Speaker and their family and ours is extremely close to the extent of my mother growing up amongst them calling all of them 'Khala's or Aunties' ! My Grandfather in an ethnic Punjabi who's family immigrated to 'Bijnor, UP' and consequently one of his 'Bhabis - Sister in Law' was a native of Bijnor or 'an Urdu-Speaker' as they are called ! Additionally I've had class fellows who are 'Urdu-Speakers' and I've had a great time with their families ! The reason I'm telling this is that I have more than just a passing acquaintance with the 'Urdu-Speakers' for they are either a part of my family or are very dear family friends and yet none of them call themselves as 'Mohajirs' and none of us or the Punjabis at large call any of them as 'Mohajirs' ? Why then does such a labelling exist in Sindh ?

You might have lost your identity but I haven't.

I don't know man...why is it that only Urdu-Speakers in Karachi in Sindh call themselves "Muhajir"? Is it because no Muhajir ever went/lived in Punjab KPK or elsewhere?

Nope, it's because the "Mohajir" in Punjab have integrated into Punjab and call themselves Punjabi, weather they speak Punjabi or not. Neither do we "Purana Punjabis" have any problems with it, neither do they.

So I ask you, why don't you drop your racism and just call your self Sindhi? After all, Sindhi people themselves are named after Sindh "the province of Sindh-River". You don't have to be Sindhi by blood to call yourself that, just like you don't have to be born to Punjabi parents to be one.

You guys are Purposefully creating a separate identity for yourselves, then use this identity to claim superiority over others and cry they're being "racist" towards you. Your own attitude is part of the problem here.

May I ask a question and I ask this without any malice :

Why are the Urdu-Speakers in Karachi and parts of Sindh still identified as 'Mohajir' ?

Only the people that are influenced by MQM, or live in MQM influenced-dominated areas (basically, neighborhoods in Karachi & Hyderabad) are identified like that; they fail to adequately acclimatize enough in the local society/conditions, unlike the Urdu speakers in Punjab, KP & interior Sindh; most of whom speak the local language, & acclimatize well enough. These people (that live outside MQM strongholds/dominated areas) do not face discrimination in these regions, only the people that identify themselves as different do.

Larger provinces of Pakistan must be divided into smaller provinces on administrative basis. Whether it is Sindh, Punjab, Baluchistan or KPW. It is essential for the success of Pakistan.

That's great and all, but the truth is even if say, Punjab, was divided into 10 new provinces, most people will still call themselves Punjabi and not go by the demonym of their new provinces.
The answer does not lie in destroying Punjabiyat, Sindhiayat etc but integrating the "Mohajir" with the rest. And so far, that has only been a problem in Sindh.

After researching on this guy (Ayaz Latif Palijo), studying some of his writings & works, I have been very interested in his views, & I might even extend my interest further. I encourage you guys to read up more on him, he is a true Pakistani Sindhi patriot, a true nationalist. He has always stood for the right thing, & for the benefit of Pakistan & Pakistanis:

382520-ayazlatifpalijoexpress-1337695665-408-640x480.jpg

I'm arranging to meet him through a common friend (hopefully in a couple of weeks), he lives in Hyderabad & so do I, & he has expressed willingness to meet us, even though he is a VERY busy man, one of the best activists of Pakistan, very humble & down-to-earth, educated, progressive, & an unrelenting human rights activist. We need more people like him in power for Pakistan to succeed.

I don't know man...why is it that only Urdu-Speakers in Karachi in Sindh call themselves "Muhajir"? Is it because no Muhajir ever went/lived in Punjab KPK or elsewhere?

Nope, it's because the "Mohajir" in Punjab have integrated into Punjab and call themselves Punjabi, weather they speak Punjabi or not. Neither do we "Purana Punjabis" have any problems with it, neither do they.

So I ask you, why don't you drop your racism and just call your self Sindhi? After all, Sindhi people themselves are named after Sindh "the province of Sindh-River". You don't have to be Sindhi by blood to call yourself that, just like you don't have to be born to Punjabi parents to be one.

You guys are Purposefully creating a separate identity for yourselves, then use this identity to claim superiority over others and cry they're being "racist" towards you. Your own attitude is part of the problem here.

Only the people that are influenced by MQM, or live in MQM influenced-dominated areas (basically, neighborhoods in Karachi & Hyderabad) are identified like that; they fail to adequately acclimatize enough in the local society/conditions, unlike the Urdu speakers in Punjab, KP & interior Sindh; most of whom speak the local language, & acclimatize well enough. These people (that live outside MQM strongholds/dominated areas) do not face discrimination in these regions, only the people that identify themselves as different do.

I ask why this compulsion of 'integration' or 'acclimatization' ? We didn't fight for Pakistan so that we can have, as some ethno-nationalist say : Hamara Tarekhi Watan or 'Our Ancestral Lands'; we fought under the banner of 'Muslim Nationalism' which means a Pakistani can identity himself in whatever way he or she likes ! Thats one of the reasons why I'm so against making the majority regional language compulsory on anyone; instead give them a choice to study Urdu, English and any other regional language of choice simply because it would help us understand each other but don't forcibly shove it down their throats that 'No because your in Punjab or in Sindh you're going to have to learn that language...no ifs no buts...' No don't do anything like that ! And thank God in Punjab we don't ! I love the Punjabi language even though I'm an ethnic Kashmiri simply because no one forced it upon me ! So I think the call for Mohajirs to integrate or acclimatize is wrong ! They don't have to....!

On the Provinces thing - I say break all of them up ! Let each and every Division, something which is already created on Administrative lines, become a Province and devolve as much power as you can to them so that the elected representatives are even more answerable to the People on a localized level !

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom