What's new

Who declared Bangla freedom? Mujib or Ziaur

I hope India gets a small credit too for helping Bangladeshis in their freedom struggle

It was a joint effort. We both benefited. And no, we won't forget the sacrifices made by Indian soldiers who died on our soil. :)

It was a joint effort. We both benefited. And no, we won't forget the sacrifices made by Indian soldiers who died on our soil. :)

Thanks pal...

However The new gen of Bangladesh doesn't realize the contribution of India in that war and how India stood by your side even prior to the war.

well for me INDIA GOT what it wanted and BANGLADESH got what it wanted
we both had our reasons
and also India helped us it is true

what i believe
ZIA RAHMAN announced the independence on behalf of BSMRahman
he was in jail i guess both should carry equal credit
both man are my hero and both are good man and honest
it is there family member who destroy BD

My grandfather was the first to raise Bangladeshi flag in his region in Noakhali!

[Wishful Thinking] If I'm voted to power, I promise I'll occasionally halt all developmental activities in Noakhali to refocus all resources on building monuments in his name. All local public infrastructure shall bear his name, and any bridge/road/hospital not named in his honor shall either be demolished or renamed. [/Wishful Thinking]

You are true representative of south asia politicians.
All the politicians from south asia did the same nehrus, gandhis, bhuttos, mujib. They did not focus on development but on building the statues, naming every damn bridge, road and airport on their names.

Lol. comparing Zia with Muzib? Who is Muzib ???? Kothay khater tola ar kothay Agartala....

Lol. comparing Zia with Muzib? Who is Muzib ???? Kothay khater tola ar kothay Agartala....

Both men had their contributions. However, that man Mujib made really dangerous mistakes.

Zia's assassination was all due to Hasina's grudge that he was reluctant to protect Mujib. And of-course, Ershad wanted the throne.

^ yup. Sheikh Mujib was great. A great politician and orator . so as Moulana Bhashani. They were typical politician. Like other politicians, after getting power he became corrupted. He didn't lead during the war... All he did is representing people of east pakistan, he worked as our voice. While Zia was unique... Very much different from others..... An honest soldier who fought against indians, then betrayed his own army to save his people forgetting his wife and children.... I don't know much about Mujib's message. Some people say its fake. But Zia showed the way.... And again when Mujib was killed, coup counter coup made a mess, Zia saved the country again. Twice he saved our country.... And the most amazing thing - he was honest to his country till death. Show me a single dictator in the history of mankind who had no property after 5 years of power...

Pakistani Govt(military) which tried to snub the voice of Bangali people by military operation rather than transferring power to Awami League,the winner of 1970 election.

^ yup. Sheikh Mujib was great. A great politician and orator . so as Moulana Bhashani.

He is not given the credit he deserves.

They were typical politician. Like other politicians, after getting power he became corrupted.

He personally wasn't bad or corrupt. It was his sons who lost their minds by seeing all the wealth before them. No other nation received as much aid as Bangladesh did. And not a single cent was spent on the re-building of Bangladesh.

He was unable to control the AL men and his family systematically looting the country and whatever was left of what was known as East Pakistan.

Bottom line, he made friends and alliances with the wrong people. And I am afraid Indira Ghandi was one of them (sadly inevitable).

He screwed with the very officers who fought for him, and he got what was coming to him.

Zia was reluctant to protect Mujib and his family even though he requested protection (which is funny since he had his own militia). And that is the source of the grudge from Hasina against BNP, and Zia family.

He didn't lead during the war... All he did is representing people of east pakistan, he worked as our voice. While Zia was unique... Very much different from others..... An honest soldier who fought against indians, then betrayed his own army to save his people forgetting his wife and children.... I don't know much about Mujib's message. Some people say its fake. But Zia showed the way.... And again when Mujib was killed, coup counter coup made a mess, Zia saved the country again. Twice he saved our country.... And the most amazing thing - he was honest to his country till death. Show me a single dictator in the history of mankind who had no property after 5 years of power...

And now you know why Zia was assassinated. This farce is far from over.

Back
Top Bottom