What's new

Winds of change here at PDF

Winds of change can be made more stronger by reporting trolls. It makes our job to deal with them much easier, than flicking through 100s of threads a day.:tup:
Chupana bhi nahin aata jatana bhi nahin aata :whistle:

Is it only me who finds it impossible to read complete urdu paragraphs written in english -- 99.99% of the times I just ignore such posts

Also very disturbing as many of us don't understand urdu/hindi. Perhaps they are tolerated because of their lighthearted nature. But it's easy to lose interest on a thread with streams of such posts.

Having been around for a considerable length of time I have been privy to all sorts of things & events. I have collected my share of infractions and raps on the knuckles with a few ' shabash' as well.

In the initial years things were downright hostile with no quarters asked and none given. It was an ' all for one and one for all ' type affair when people polarised on reading a thread based on the colour of the flag they flew below their avatar.What was written mattered little - defending a countryman took precedence.

Of late I can feel the winds of change.

Now I feel we are not as rabidly hostile to one another and often take a balanced view of ourselves and our failings.

The major change has been a reduction in hostility levels among the Pak posters and pro active moderation by those at the helm. There are posts which I upon reading I expect mayhem. Good ‘ policing’ practices have helped control flare ups.

Indians too I feel have begun to show restraint yet we need to see ourselves a little more objectively and often through the eyes of another. There is room for more.

The young ‘uns are naturally full of aggression and gusto to have the last word . This is natural & should be expected. I have observed changes in the writings of Indian , Pakistani and some BD and Chinese posters by the time they reach 750+ posts.

The maturing ‘ point’ is after 2500 posts by when a guy starts being able to discern a potential flame from the title of the thread. Exceptions remain.

All in all, thanks to the increased interaction with Think Tanks, Jr TTs, Mods , Webby and the host of other functionaries things here are getting better by the day. The widening of the base by including non Pakistanis as Jr TTs etc has helped in removing that ‘ them’ and ‘ us ‘ syndrome.

Who knows - one day we may even smile at each other !

My views entirely.

E&OE.
come on third eye, u continue to post the anti Pakistani thread in this forum. But im surprised by this thread of yrs.:woot:

It took a remark by Umair Nawaz on this thread to me to jolt me somewhat and realise what I wrote was not always being appreciated.

Refer Post Nos 47 & 48.

I cannot thank him enough for bringing it to my notice and showing me another POV.

http://www.defence.pk/forums/curren...e-rip-post3523945.html?highlight=#post3523945

P.S. Whats it today .. all saints day or is an angel passing by ? Why am I writing good things ?
oye meri tarif na kia kr......main sharma jata hu:oops:

Maybe you need to look around and you will find someone like me who prefer flying below the radar and who can safely say that I have not spit hatred for Pakistani people even in a single post.

issy kahty hain apny moo mian mithu bannana:lol:

@third eye I agree with your OP...... For me after 1000 posts i learnt how to avoid trolls.... by 2000 posts i learnt how to converse with trolls....

Back
Top Bottom