What's new

Afghanistan to support Pakistan if attacked by US or India: Karzai

^^^

I don't think he meant tangible support. More along the lines of diplomatic support I think.

I saw his interview.He talks about supporting Pakistan on the event of war and then he refers to the Pakistani hospitality in accepting the Afghan refugees.May be he is referring to providing similar support to Pakistan in case of war.

Stupid to take Karzai's political sweet-talk as fact. If a war does break out ( hopefully which wont ) Afghanistan can be counted upon to stay safely neutral.

I saw his interview.He talks about supporting Pakistan on the event of war and then he refers to the Pakistani hospitality in accepting the Afghan refugees.May be he is referring to providing similar support to Pakistan in case of war.

Yeah, I think you're right:

“If Pakistan is attacked and the people of Pakistan need Afghanistan’s help, we will be there for Pakistan” Karzai said while speaking to Geo News senior journalist Saleem Safi.

^^ Afghans are now really scared... :coffee:

---------- Post added at 09:18 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:18 PM ----------

Many of his variety think they're behind "sinking" Soviets and now Americans. :rofl:

The Stingers had the actual impact,not the trucks that carried them.the trucks would have carried any goods for that matter.

The Stingers had the actual impact,not the trucks that carried them.the trucks would have carried any goods for that matter.

Without a truck with trusted driver how could you expect that the stringer would reach its destination ? :)

They have no idea about "Charlie Wilson's War".
Ignorance i guess for them.

---------- Post added at 08:59 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:58 PM ----------

Without a truck with trusted driver how could you expect that the stringer would reach its destination ? :)

CIA gave it to the Mujaheddins directly.

If Pakistan is attacked and the people of Pakistan need Afghanistan’s help, we will be there for Pakistan” Karzai said while speaking to Geo News senior journalist Saleem Safi.

He talks about supporting Pakistan on the event of war and then he refers to the Pakistani hospitality in accepting the Afghan refugees.May be he is referring to providing similar support to Pakistan in case of war.
What more we can expect from Afghanistan except giving Pakistan the chance to hide some of its valuable material in mountain area to secure it from American missile attack ..

What more we can expect from Afghanistan except giving Pakistan the chance to hide some of its valuable material in mountain area to secure it from American missile attack ..

Would Karzai actually ever incur the wrath of the American administration by such steps ? :undecided: Dont think so...

You reading between the lines a bit too much.I never said trucks are unnecessary.But then what is being carried in the truck is of more importance than the truck itself.The truck could have carried bags of wheat for Afghans,would not have made much a difference,isnt it?
Even if the Pakistanis disagreed,Americans would have easily coerced their way out,the way they did in 2001.

Now,who had the Stingers?who had arranged for the funds? Who had taken the decision to give the Soviets a bloody nose?Could Pakistan take that decision on its own at that point of time?

The Pakistanis got about 5 million Afghan refugees,a thriving gun culture and talibans operating in their own territory as a return gift.But then again,its another story.

They have no idea about "Charlie Wilson's War".
Ignorance i guess for them.

---------- Post added at 08:59 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:58 PM ----------

CIA gave it to the Mujaheddins directly.

but i think there too ''driver'' had some help if i am not wrong .

There is a HUGE difference between THIS:

AND THIS:

But as usual, Pakistanis twist the news for their convenience. We Indians are pretty pragmatic in that sense. Why waste soldiers, money and resources when Pakistanis are doing the job of destroying themselves? As for US, I think we all know what is the ground reality.

You'd have gotten an A+ if you were in the college on international diplomacy, Mr. Karzai. ;)

Afghanistan to support Pakistan if attacked: Karzai

Updated at: 1729 PST, Saturday, October 22, 2011
KABUL: Afghan President Hamid Karzai said Afghanistan would support Pakistan in case on an attack by any country including the US and India, Geo News reported.

“If Pakistan is attacked and the people of Pakistan need Afghanistan’s help, we will be there for Pakistan” Karzai said while speaking to Geo News senior journalist Saleem Safi.

“We will never forget the hospitatlity of the Pakistani people” Karzai said, adding that no one including China, US and India could incite the Afghan people against Pakistan.

The Afghan President further said that both countries should work together for peace.

@Tshering bro....

Thread title is :- Afghanistan to support Pakistan if attacked by US or India: Karzai

But i am really having a hard time in finding where did he mentioned "If attacked by India" I don't think anywhere in his speech he have mentioned "If Attacked by India" :what: Then why the Pak media have added this line?? :what:

Please help me if i am missing something here..:)

who cares
its afghans matter who they support
india is not going to attack pakistan so dont give crap

but i think there too ''driver'' had some help if i am not wrong .

stingers, fund what help can be more than this!
and Senator/Congressman (not sure) Charlie went there do you think he would have relied on locals or his people to get there!

Back
Top Bottom