What's new

Altaf Hussain to demand a Mohajir Province in Sindh

I agree with making Karachi a capital territory. Karachi is not a 'Mohajir' city, it has people from all ethnicities living in that city, which includes 7 million Pakhtuns. What the recent events in Karachi have shown is that Sindh province is not providing adequate resources to a city as important to Karachi, & that the city needs better administration. Making Karachi a capital territory will also ensure that development is better spread out in rest of the cities of Sindh.

By and large Karachittes - get along - and if Karachi was given the necessary resources - she would transform the entire country.

By and large Karachittes - get along - and if Karachi was given the necessary resources - she would transform the entire country.

Of course most Karachiites get along. In fact, the bonds between most Karachiites from all ethnicities are so strong, that it is very hard to tell them apart. But in a city as big as Karachi is with 20+ million people living in the city, it can take ten or hundred people to cause a lot of trouble in the city. Karachi city definitely needs better resources than what it has currently been getting from the Sindh government.

HAHA Altaf Hussain create your mohajir province in india where you came from. Karachi and Hyderabad will always be part of Sindh like it always was for centuries.

HAHA Altaf Hussain create your mohajir province in india where you came from. Karachi and Hyderabad will always be part of Sindh like it always was for centuries.

That is a narrow minded and frankly racist view - grow up please.

He is no better or worse than our other politicians, his party has a strong middle class educated participation - at least they do not have feudalism.

performance is same of all of them...but this man is unique...he is a British National who makes long calls to Pakistan which hardly makes any sense and he acts like a clown too and questions Pakistan's creation portraying him as a bigger leader than Hazrat Quaid e Azam and Hazrat Allama Iqbal.

Last edited by a moderator:
performance is same of all of them...but this man is unique...he is a British National who makes long calls to Pakistan which hardly makes any sense and he acts like a clown too and questions Pakistan's creation portraying him as a bigger leader than Hazrat Quaid e Azam and Hazrat Allam Iqbal.

Other politician's have made similar fau-pars - he is nothing different - think about NS after Kargil :(

Last edited by a moderator:
Islamabad was also given the Capital territory status, even though it is technically a part of Punjab (but it isn't regarded as one). Why would people be opposed to this status being given to Karachi, especially considering the fact that 20% of the country's revenue is generated by this city, & the current provincial government has failed to allocate enough resources for it, & failed to administer the city properly, which resulted in the deaths of 90+ people?

If the provincial government had been able to solve all these problems, we wouldn't be talking about these issues right now. If these issues are resolved, I won't support Karachi being given a Capital territory status. Just because I am raising this issue is not because I don't love Pakistan, it is because I love Pakistan very much, & these riots & killings due to the inept administration really hurt me.

It's ok bhai, let him think what he wants to. It's fine.

You are right of course.

Avarice is disgrace; cowardice is a defect; poverty often disables an intelligent man from arguing his case; a poor man is a stranger in his own town; misfortune and helplessness are calamities; patience is a kind of bravery; to sever attachments with the wicked world is the greatest wealth; piety is the best weapon of defence.

Hazrat Ali

Islamabad was also given the Capital territory status, even though it is technically a part of Punjab (but it isn't regarded as one). Why would people be opposed to this status being given to Karachi, especially considering the fact that 20% of the country's revenue is generated by this city, & the current provincial government has failed to allocate enough resources for it, & failed to administer the city properly, which resulted in the deaths of 90+ people?

u want the status to be given on demand of a british citizen?Quaid's Pakistan had only 5 provinces.....Now remain 4.....maybe we can make F.A.T.A into a province to compensate for the lost 5th but not more than 5 provinces ...that would go against objective resolution and would be challenged in Court of Law.

If the provincial government had been able to solve all these problems, we wouldn't be talking about these issues right now. If these issues are resolved, I won't support Karachi being given a Capital territory status. Just because I am raising this issue is not because I don't love Pakistan, it is because I love Pakistan very much.

The PPP has proven to be an incompetent party. We need the local govt system to make Karachi - with full financial autonomy - a city of lights once again.

Other politician's have made similar fau-pars - he is nothing different - think about NS after Kargil :(

i think he is unique hiding like a rat in Britain.....Rest are not role models but atleast they are present in Pakistan....he is actually guilty of treason when he questioned Pakistan's creation...thats why the moment he returns he would get booked and end in attock Qilla

Currently, I still favor Karachi being part of Sindh, than being Capital territory like Islamabad is. However, I wish Sindh can administer the city better, & give it the right amount of resources the city deserves, as it is the most important city in the country. Unfortunately, it has not done that.

The PPP has proven to be an incompetent party. We need the local govt system to make Karachi - with full financial autonomy - a city of lights once again.

Karachi is still a great city, a progressive, developed city, scarred by only a few ethnic riots. I have no doubt Karachi will be one of the best cities in the world soon, once we start tackling the problems.

Karachi has the largest Pashtoon Population in any city in the country.....Pashtoons are hardworking and karachi shall prosper as a city of Sindh:pakistan:

Back
Top Bottom