What's new

Are Religious discussion allowed on PDF?

Status
Not open for further replies.

pak-yes

Reaction score
Please i want a MODs answer.Are religious discussion allowed on PDF?

Yes or No?

To a certain extend religious discussion is allowed, but if it gets out of hand, then it would be closed.

Getting out of hand means, people start making allegations, start making fun, derogatory comments, insulting comments etc etc.

To a certain extend religious discussion is allowed, but if it gets out of hand, then it would be closed.

Getting out of hand means, people start making allegations, start making fun, derogatory comments, insulting comments etc etc.

agreed.
healthy discussions should be encouraged , but damning one's religion should not be allowed.

Religious discussions that has something to do with society or current affairs is allowed :agree:

Religious discussions that has only to do with self belief i.e. posting duas, tillawat etc are not allowed :disagree:

Greeting or celeberating a birthday of a religious personality is allowed :agree:

Calling each other Kafir is not allowed :agree:

Last edited:
Religious discussions that has only to do with self belief i.e. posting duas, tillawat etc are not allowed :disagree:

Zaki,

There is a very solid reason for this and this is simply because this is a defence forum. Not a religious forum. While we allow discussions about Islam in the Pakistani society from a political and security standpoint, pure religious aspects are better left to appropriate forums with proper decorum for it. Since the mods are not equipped to judge between the these issues, we tend to stay away from them. This in all fairness is the reason for not allowing very in-depth discourse around religion.

Calling each other Kafir is not allowed :disagree:

You have disagree icon there. Are you saying you do want to call people out as Kafirs? Is there really a need to do so? Does the discourse here have to get so personal that we start questioning their beliefs and then passing fatwas on them as Kafirs? I think not!

Zaki,

You have disagree icon there. Are you saying you do want to call people out as Kafirs? Is there really a need to do so? Does the discourse here have to get so personal that we start questioning their beliefs and then passing fatwas on them as Kafirs? I think not!
no i did not mean any such thing.

Because calling each other kafir is not allowed i used this smilie

You were misunderstood so i am going to edit my previous post now - there were not any such intentions in my mind and i completely agree with your above post

Taimi i just wanted clarification.I am seeing several threads about Qadyanis being opened these days and that too mostly by Indians for example just see the latest threads.Just look in the whole thread how Indians are saying things which they should not and still its not being closed or deleted,and its not just about a single thread for a month now PDF has been literally flooded with threads with Muslim Bashing in it.

On the other hand if a thread about any other religion is opened it is closed immediately.I request you to please look into this matter.thks

Taimi i just wanted clarification.I am seeing several threads about Qadyanis being opened these days and that too mostly by Indians for example just see the latest threads.Just look in the whole thread how Indians are saying things which they should not and still its not being closed or deleted,and its not just about a single thread for a month now PDF has been literally flooded with threads with Muslim Bashing in it.

On the other hand if a thread about any other religion is opened it is closed immediately.I request you to please look into this matter.thks

Well if you see something going out of hand or you don't see right, do report it or you can post the link to any of the mods to have a look and will decide on what to do with it.

So provide the link, rest will be done by us.

Well if you see something going out of hand or you don't see right, do report it or you can post the link to any of the mods to have a look and will decide on what to do with it.

So provide the link, rest will be done by us.

Taimi its not about reporting the post.Its about essential rights.You don't know anything about my religion.So who gives you the right too pass judgments which even the highly learned scholars hesitating in passing.

Specially i am really angry at Indians.I meant they are mostly Hindus have we ever said why do they do this and why do they do that?

But they not only interfere on our religious matters for example who the hell gives them the right to say whether Ahmadis are Muslims or not and who gives them the right to talk so freely about blasphemy and its laws.It doesn't matter that Muslims agree on a particular law or not but religion is an emotional matter why do they interfere have we ever interfered saying anything about Indian law.

In the Process of Interference they usually pass comments on highly sensitive religious matters but also get away with it.

I am just saying that Non Muslims should not be allowed to discuss Islamic Matters at least not sensitive Islamic Matters.And if they really wanna discuss they must first learn and then discuss.

pak-yes, you give me the links or specific posts, i will take care of it.

@Jana, well try me, then we will see whose not doing it.

pak-yes, you give me the links or specific posts, i will take care of it.

@Jana, well try me, then we will see whose not doing it.

Thks next time i will send you links and posts.

I think it should not be allowed. We all human being and get angry and curse each other and get banned from PDF. So my philosophy is don't start something that people cannot get by with. No matter what in this kind a discussion you will make someone angry. "na ho baans na bajay basori"

Hi
i have to agree with Jana, some times it gives an impression that Islam bashing is allowed on PDF but no derogatory remarks for American & Israeli policies are allowed,eg no one can say that they support terrorism when there is no one to differentiate what terrorism or freedom struggle is, complaints don't even work if they are against think tanks & one elite member in particular.
There are many threads that are still active which are representing Islam as a conservative religion some times PDF gives the impression of FOX news, why am i saying that because PDF represents Pakistan & not America or India. But then again that's the way things are every where people who are in power cannot be criticized for their actions

Jana, please don't raise questions on the Islamic beliefs. Your allegation is the biggest distortion of them all.

We've argued for one thing, and one thing alone - consistently. Let all Pakistanis be free.

And we will keep repeating and echoing the words of Jinnah over and over.

You may belong to any religion or caste or creed that has nothing to do with the business of the State

To answer the original question. We're a defence forum, we don't allow proselytizing of any religion, not even a little bit. Basically what that means is you can't tell us how cool your religion is or how bad someone else's religion is or some story that has any religious connotations.

Almost all the discussions that don't get banned from this forum about religion are about religion being used cause harm and human rights abuse upon Pakistanis. Sometimes this is the tyranny of religious people, sometimes its tyranny against religious people. Wherever freedoms are curtailed, we will fight for it.

It is why we have always spoken in favor the freedom of the media, it is why we support freedom of the electoral process, it is why we support freedom to profess any faith freely within Pakistan. It is all because Jinnah himself instructed all Pakistanis to do so.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom