What's new

Are you married to your first cousin?

as i remember i'm no sheikh but as i say i don't remember

and since prove it that is bad

Umar (R.A) married his cousin, Ali (R.A) married his cousin Fatimah, and also the Prophet Muhammad (saw) married his cousin.

In the west ,Albert Einstein married his cousin, as did Edgar Allen Poe, and also former US president Franklin D. Roosevelt.

Umar (R.A) married his cousin, Ali (R.A) married his cousin Fatimah, and also the Prophet Muhammad (saw) married his cousin.

In the west ,Albert Einstein married his cousin, as did Edgar Allen Poe, and also former US president Franklin D. Roosevelt.

Do you think these people knew about the medical complications of cousin marriages?

however in Tunisia by low it banned

as fare i know

In my opinion marrying your cousin is just pathetic idea leave all the genetic :blah: behind,,from childhood u grow up as brother and sister,,In Hinduism there is a festival rakshabandhan where you promise your sister(real/cousin) of protection and well being,,,we can't even think of this...
Regarding multiple husband concept discussed earlier you all didn't understood the gist of that act....
i can explain if anyone need
South India is full of first cousin marriages instituted by Hindus. same with Muslims.

heck, Tamils, they marry sister's daughter AFAIK. Britishers abolished Sati and Thuggery. but, failed to interfere with Hindu customs may be fearing repercussions. otherwise, these type of tribal religious practices and cousin marriages must be punishable.

--
I thing, India must put a law like "marriages up to 5 generations from the same family must be considered incest and unnatural".
Inbreds tends to be violent and cognically impaired, true?

Do you think these people knew about the medical complications of cousin marriages?
Because if you have children, there’s an increased risk of bad genetic traits showing up. Most of the bad stuff is recessive, meaning you need both parents having (or not having) a particular gene for the problem to show up. For instance, if you have a bad copy of the gene that makes eye color, it’s not so bad because it’s likely your mate will have one, and that’s enough. If you marry a cousin, there’s a much higher chance they have the same defect, so your children have a 100% chance of being albino-eyed mutants.

We used to have a pure-breed cocker-spaniel, and that dog had a miserable life, with skin problems, allergies, joint problems, and not a whole lot of intelligence.

You are acting as if as though the complications are increased significantly. :coffee:

Who is to say you won't get complications from marrying a stranger?

I have already posted examples of hindus that have married their cousins.

I think its not a problem, if cousins like each other or something deep. But problem occurs when previous generations are married to cousins and the chance of having unexpected children increase more.

I think its not a problem, if cousins like each other or something deep. But problem occurs when previous generations are married to cousins and the chance of having unexpected children increase more.
me my cousins i consider him like sisters that is it no like each other will happen

You are acting as if as though the complications are increased significantly. :coffee:

Who is to say you won't get complications from marrying a stranger?

I have already posted examples of hindus that have married their cousins.

And as Shelly already pointed out those examples are from thousands of years ago. As has already been discussed cousin marriage is also prevalent in some communities in India, so stop making this about Hindus and Muslims. People should avoid it, or at least get medical tests done before taking the plunge.

Just because they all did it , it doesnt make it right.. again its all a game of chance... so maybe the offspring will be ok for now, but they will carry that negative trait in them and when they have their offspring, this may spring up.
anyway, marrying first cousin in the same as marrying your half sister(if your father has 2 wives, you are marrying the child of another wife).

And as Shelly already pointed out those examples are from thousands of years ago. As has already been discussed cousin marriage is also prevalent in some communities in India, so stop making this about Hindus and Muslims. People should avoid it, or at least get medical tests done before taking the plunge.
in Tunisia no couple marry with out the test

Just because they all did it , it doesnt make it right.. again its all a game of chance... so maybe the offspring will be ok for now, but they will carry that negative trait in them and when they have their offspring, this may spring up.
anyway, marrying first cousin in the same as marrying your half sister(if your father has 2 wives, you are marrying the child of another wife).

In our family female cousins are like strangers.

South India is full of first cousin marriages instituted by Hindus. same with Muslims.

heck, Tamils, they marry sister's daughter AFAIK. Britishers abolished Sati and Thuggery. but, failed to interfere with Hindu customs may be fearing repercussions. otherwise, these type of tribal religious practices and cousin marriages must be punishable.

--
I thing, India must put a law like "marriages up to 5 generations from the same family must be considered incest and unnatural".
Inbreds tends to be violent and cognically impaired, true?
true.. i am from south and i know many communitites with this habit.. in my family we dont practise this.

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom