What's new

Can all pakistanis Speak Punjabi?

Nope my bad... I thought it was a call to speak punjabi... I cant.

In interior Sindh.. sindhi is spoken
in lower punjab Seriaki is apoken
upper punjab Punjabi
In NWFP pusthu.... Daree
In Abottabad...... Hindku
In Baluchistan ... Baluchi and Makrani

In karachi all of them

I think most of the people can understand a lot of words, even from Sindh, Khyber Pakhtun khwa and Balouchistan but speaking, not sure.

About half of us I guess.

I've begun understanding bits of it but speaking it is hard because of the intonation. Hopefully more in the future.

Oh man, many of us Karachites struggle with even understanding Punjabi. I, myself, am completely hopeless at it...there are some words similar to their urdu counterparts...which is as far as my ability to understand Punjabi goes.

I am ethnically a Punjabi Pakistani (like almost half of Pakistan's population) and I dont see any reason to learn this useless language.

Urdu, Arabic, and English are important languages to learn. Urdu to communicate with fellow Pakistanis. Arabic to learn the Holy Quran. English because its a universal language and most univeristies and colleges in Pakistan teach in English. Punjabi has no use in today's society.

i cant sadly!!! maybe bcz im from karachi, but i would like to learn punjabi

---------- Post added at 01:00 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:59 AM ----------

I am ethnically a Punjabi Pakistani (like almost half of Pakistan's population) and I dont see any reason to learn this useless language. Urdu, Arabic, and English are important languages to learn. Urdu to communicate with other Pakistanis. Arabic to learn the Holy Quran. English because its a universal language and most univeristies and colleges in Pakistan teach in English. Punjabi has no use in today's society.

every language is important, punjabi language represents culture of punjab

I dont know about speaking. But understanding pure Punjabi is very easy. Anyone can understand it who knows urdu.

Though the pothari dialect of Punjabi is very difficult to understand sometimes even for those people who speak other dialects of Punjabi.

Since i speak Hindko and Urdu..i can understand Punjabi..the spoken punjabi..But cant understand the literary punjabi..I am foond of listening "Arifanaa Kalaam" specially Mian Muhammad Bakhsh and Hazrat Sultan Bahoo..But its so tough Panjabi that half of it is beyond me...

i cant sadly!!! maybe bcz im from karachi, but i would like to learn punjabi

every language is important, punjabi language represents culture of punjab

But it is a useless language in today's society. In most cities in Punjab, people speak Urdu.

The only place Punjabi is useful is if you go to rural areas in Punjab, and even there most people can comprehend some urdu.

I am ethnically a Punjabi Pakistani (like almost half of Pakistan's population) and I dont see any reason to learn this useless language.

Urdu, Arabic, and English are important languages to learn. Urdu to communicate with fellow Pakistanis. Arabic to learn the Holy Quran. English because its a universal language and most univeristies and colleges in Pakistan teach in English. Punjabi has no use in today's society.

Sorry mate i disagree..I am somebody who has been struggling to learn literary punjabi to understand the Kalaam of Bullhay shah which is in almost Sikh Punjabi..at its purest..and Sakhi Sultaan bahoo..My fav poets...

I am quite proficient in Punjabi, & i think that the Sialkoti's have the worst dialect of all.

Most Punjabis and folks associated with their culture can speak Punjabi.

% of population and language:
Punjabi - 44.15%
Pashto -15.42%
Sindhi -14.1%
Saraiki - 12.1%
Urdu - 7.57% though it is understood by 90%
Balochi (3.57%)

These are ethnic groups, and these percentage are talking about ancestral native languages. Punjabis make the largest ethnic group in Pakistan today, but most Pakistani Punjabis speak better Urdu than Punjabi. I would say that almost all Pakistanis can speak Urdu, even though the native Urdu speakers make only 7% of Pakistan's population.

Back
Top Bottom