What's new

Canada denies visa to Lt Gen (Retd) A S Bahia , again cites war crimes act.

yes the destruction of their temples was also very dark period. But they did take care of indira gandi, for that I commend them :)

handled it like true GANGSTERS!

did i say i was supporting destruction of their temples? I agree it was a very dark period. Most unfortunate.

Yes most unfortunate,just like the dark period after lal masjid incident..now you must be probably wondering whats the commonality between lal masjid operation and operation blue star..go figure it out :cheers:

Yes most unfortunate,just like the dark period after lal masjid incident..now you are probably wondering whats the commonality between lal masjid operation and operation blue star..go figure it out :cheers:

disturbingly quite similar......even though more people died in blue star, and there were ethnic riots that followed

in lal masjid, it wasnt seperatists; it was mostly fanatics who unfortunately failed to lay down their arms

By the way, I wasnt supporting terrorism. But I will wash my hands after i say that indira got what she deserved. I don't even feel sorry for saying that, I can't lie.

You are not the first one saying "or else I am" nor are you going to be the last one. As far as insult goes, its your decision.

You can let loose yourself, knock yourself out !!

Yes, thats the difference between you and others. Most people are not paranoid about a nation like very few. And about 'loosing' ourself, we are Indians, we never keep the loosing part aside until we win them. If you stay in United States of America than might have seen it. :lol: Watch... how Indians are winning there and other parts of the world.

Get rid of 'girl killings' and 'toilet' staffs..... remember that from where you are. If you really bother about toilet then you need some base for to talk about that, otherwise it will be funny.

BDR's corruption and poor economic condition of BD is the main reason behind BSF's action along BD border.

disturbingly quite similar......even though more people died in blue star, and there were ethnic riots that followed

in lal masjid, it wasnt seperatists; it was mostly fanatics who unfortunately failed to lay down their arms

By the way, I wasnt supporting terrorism. But I will wash my hands after i say that indira got what she deserved. I don't even feel sorry for saying that, I can't lie.

Typical Anti India hatred and 1971 paranoia..don't worry...it will haunt you forever ... lol

Welcome to Ignoreville

There are many people in your country who opposed lalmasjid operation too..Both were taken hostages and took a holy place as a shield..the bloody riot was followed only after the assassination of Indira not after operation blue star..but yes Khalistan movement become stronger after the operation blue star..

Now you said you commend them for killing Indira Gandhi ..is this a way of saying you support their action..what if i say i commend the action of terrorist who kill BB because she deserve it??am i not supporting them??

To counter what most of you are saying, I say that such incidents in fact serve as a platform for rising countries like India to assert their influence in international arena.

If the Indian government is really interested in getting itself recognized, this is the opportunity. Last time, it was a much lower ranked soldier (Retd.) from BSF, this time is it a retired senior officer from the Indian Army. We shall see what comments come out from Canada in the coming times.

As a note, I still remember when last year a junior scientist's visa was rejected by the American Embassy. The moment Indian officials took it up with the government, his visa was immediately put into effect, without requiring him to lift a finger. Let us see whether India deals with this opportunity in a mature fashion.

There are many people in your country who opposed lalmasjid operation too..Both were taken hostages and took a holy place as a shield..the bloody riot was followed only after the assassination of Indira not after operation blue star..but yes Khalistan movement become stronger after the operation blue star..

Now you said you commend them for killing Indira Gandhi ..is this a way of saying you support their action..what if i say i commend the action of terrorist who kill BB because she deserve it??am i not supporting them??

I would just ''no problemo''

I'm sure there are some people inside and outside of Pakistan who were happy over her death.

by the way, i don't think it is acceptable to bring weapons and ammunition inside a place of worship.

wayyy back in the day, the Sikhs used to use Badshahi Masjid to store their weapons/ammo and their horses.

BSF is not going to stop just because the Canadians call them butchers, Canadians will continue to lecture the Indians folks in somewhat more modest ways. The level of rhetorics will go down. Thats what always happens in the end.

No what will happen is that Indian diplomacy will force Canada to give these guys visas. And the BSF will continue doing what they do best, keeping illegal migrants out of India.

AHAHAHA!!! Losers! Get out of our country, Indians!

Furious at the Canadian High Commission repeatedly denying visa to Indian officers, the Ministry of Home Affairs has given Canada a week to respond and take corrective action.

India has alleged discrimination and the foreign ministry says the number of officers denied visa by Canada is now in double digits. The grounds for denial have ranged from human rights violation to terrorism and the home ministry has expressed strong objection. India, the sources say, believes these are spurious and insulting grounds.

The Home Ministry has not ruled out retaliatory action.

In the latest episode, a member of the Prime Minister's advance security liaison team was initially denied visa. The PM is scheduled to visit Canada in late June to attend the G-20 summit.

This is not an isolated incident. More and more cases are now emerging of officers being denied visas by Canada. These include three serving Army officers, a former Director General of Military Operations, Lt Gen (retd) AS Bahia, former Army Commander Lt Gen (retd) OP Nandrajog, former Intelligence Bureau officer SS Sidhu, who was denied a visa in March this year despite two earlier visits and retired BSF head constable Fateh Singh Pandher.

Canada says it can deny visas to those who have worked for organizations guilty of human rights violations.

NDTV has a copy of the letter that the Canadian High Commission wrote to SS Sidhu while denying him a visa. The retired officer was told that he fell in the category of people "inadmissible" on security grounds due to his stint with the Indian Intelligence Bureau.

The grounds include:

•Engaging in terrorism or act of espionage,
•Being a danger to the security of Canada and its people,
•Being a member of an organisation that engages in terrorism, espionage or subversive activities
The foreign ministry had earlier reacted sharply to the denial of a visa to the retired BSF head constable Pandher. Sources say the ministry is now likely to take up the other cases that are emerging with Canada.

Read more at: Home Ministry's ultimatum to Canada on denial of visa

Back
Top Bottom