What's new

:: Dr Subramanian Swamy - India can be Superpower! ::

I agree. It has to do with Indian colleges not providing humanities education with the technical courses. When such students do not get to reflect on what is wrong in the socio-economic scene of the country it results in technically trained people and not educated people.

This is why "educated" middle-class Indians like @Soumitra ( who seems to be a MBA ) prefer doing a cost-benefit analysis first before thinking of helping the poor and the suffering in any way.

Ask Soumitra what he thinks of humanities subjects. He wants them removed entirely, not only as separate courses in institute like JNU but also a side courses.

Is it really question of adding certain subjects in curriculum or rather removing what is already there? Clearly, something is brain washing and churning out educated fools out of your system.

You have misunderstood what I want. I want very limited number of seats in humanities funded by the taxpayer (say 10,000 across the country) This will be enough to sustain the need for history, geography teachers.

Rest of the people if they want to study Humanities they can study on their own money in private colleges.

And yes I want the jhollachapp JNU to be shut down. Let the students study in private colleges where they pay full fees and we will know how much azadi they want

It should be the other way around. All private colleges in India should be shut down, or converted into government colleges so no one loses their jobs. Anyone who can afford to overspend on education should be encouraged to study abroad.

It's the government of India's responsibility to provide free and high quality education to all Indian citizens irrespective of caste, creed, or religion. At least 7 percent of India's GDP should be allocated for free education.

All teachers in India should be compensated HEAVILY at taxpayer expense. Also student unions should be further legalized. Hartals, agitations, and activism are important in college education.

@Joe Shearer

Last edited:
It's the government of India's responsibility to provide free and high quality education to all Indian citizens irrespective of caste, creed, or religion.

No it is not. Govt should only focus on STEM courses with minimal focus on humanities courses and zero focus on courses like gender studies (more like victim card studies). Australia and Japan are doing it

https://defence.pk/pdf/threads/govt...t-of-their-degree.672158/page-3#post-12458700

Also student unions should be further legalized. Hartals, agitations, and activism are important in college education.

All student unions should be banned. Students are there to study not Dharna Pradarshan

Why do you think Private Institutes don't have this nonsense? Students actually value the education as it is coming from their pocket and they are not jhollachapp freeloaders mooching off taxpayers money.

Humanities is the easiest subject. Don't study anything whole semester, no labs, no practicals. Cram the textbook one day before the exam, layout lot of victim cards in the paper - ambedkarite this, marxist that and voila you pass

That is why the losers of class 10th take up these subject in 11th and 12th. The hardworkers take science, the middle level people take commerce and the people who barely passed take up arts.

Humanities is the easiest subject. Don't study anything whole semester, no labs, no practicals.

That's because the standard of humanities education in India is very poor. We should abolish/disintegrate NCERT and have a new scientific educational advisory which can look after the needs of ALL students, not just STEM students.

STEM is not complete education. We can have Germany-like apprentice systems for technically-interested students. That will also help them in the job market.

Humanities students in the West don't just become history and geography teachers. They also become environmental scientists, diplomats, committee panel advisors to the government, serve as Board of Directrors in companies. And much more. Clearly the potential of humanities students is much vast than what you imagine.

Cram the textbook one day before the exam, layout lot of victim cards in the paper - ambedkarite this, marxist that and voila you pass
I have often crammed the textbook one day before exam, as you described. I barely had time to attend classes as there were so many extracurricular activities to participate in.

But that was me. I would want future humanities students of India to have at least 80% attendance in classes.

That is why the losers of class 10th take up these subject in 11th and 12th. The hardworkers take science, the middle level people take commerce and the people who barely passed take up arts.

I scored a little below 60% in ICSE for my higher secondary. It is the toughest board to pass from in India. So, 60% in ICSE is more like 70-72% in CBSE or 80-83% in Maharashtra board.

It is true I didn't study much in college except some of my favorite courses. But I was certainly a good student when pursuing my MA degree abroad. The course was very tough.

The bottomline is: the "losers" you describe also deserve a high quality education. The bright students can do their engineering or whatever.

ENHjZnfWsA8CAwY.jpg

wait, their president Kalam said India is already a supa powa by 2012, now changed to 2020?

https://economictimes.indiatimes.co...erpower-by-2012-kalam/articleshow/3005067.cms

Last edited:
View attachment 644312

yes Pakistan always has india's rear end... while china does a cum job on india's face... :woot:

but most of india believe like that...

Mr Swamy among alot of BS he ranted some notable mention

1) Pakistan trained terrorists and send them to China....chinese people told me

2) China has only one interest.. that is Gawadar

3) Chinese hate living in Pakistan.. they also told me.

:crazy_pilot:
There was one third on a talk show trying to assert that India was now a developed country until someone shot him down by pointing out that 35% of India's population, 470 million people, lived on or below the poverty line.

We can have Germany-like apprentice systems for technically-interested students. That will also help them in the job market.

Ever heard of ITIs

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Industrial_training_institute

I would want future humanities students of India to have at least 80% attendance in classes.

They have to stop Student Politics and Dharna Pradarshan. STEM students don't have time for that nonsense, only humanities students do

The bottomline is: the "losers" you describe also deserve a high quality education.

They can study and get high quality education in private institutes. Once they have to pay for something they will understand its value.

10 years from "will be" to "can be"
Another 5 years and "can be" to "might be"
Add another 5 and "might be" will become "won't be"

There's a difference. In countries like Germany, ALL technical students have to go through apprenticeships.

In India, most bare baap ki aulad to go to private Engineering colleges in NRI quota, the middlings who borrowed money for cigarettes go to government run dilapidated institutions. And all the lukkhas and bhik-mangas go to ITI's. Their careers never go anywhere, as all high paid positions are reserved for MBAs with no experience.

It's a corrupt inferior system which does not help the country become technically competent. China also has a better technical education at local level. The education system does reflect India's caste system though. So it's a systematic form of oppression of Dalits, women, Muslims, and other oppressed classes.

All engineering colleges and other technical institutes should become ITI's. So I am calling for the upgradation of ITI's.

They have to stop Student Politics and Dharna Pradarshan. STEM students don't have time for that nonsense, only humanities students do
Very few STEM students in India are quality material. Most go overseas and work for MNC's so I don't see much difference.

Lets' remember India ranks at the bottom of PISA (60th) which is a standardized test globally for technical minds. Indian students also score poorly at International Maths Olympiad and other standardized international tests.

As for student dharnas, they are required to mold next generation of leaders. Education's purpose is not to create mindless drones but active thinkers, and strong personalities.

They can study and get high quality education in private institutes. Once they have to pay for something they will understand its value.

No one should have to pay irrespective of stream. No student should have to pay even for notebooks and stationery items. That's how it works in most developed countries including where I am now.

It's the government's job to provide massive subsidies in education. India has a $3 trillion GDP by some accounts. So it can definitely afford to spend at least 5 percent of that to create a comprehensive free education system accessible to all.

wait, their president Kalam said India is already a supa powa by 2012, now changed to 2020?

https://economictimes.indiatimes.co...erpower-by-2012-kalam/articleshow/3005067.cms

They are revising estimates...

There was one third on a talk show trying to assert that India was now a developed country until someone shot him down by pointing out that 35% of India's population, 470 million people, lived on or below the poverty line.

It is actually 600m+

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom