What's new

How many hours a day do you sleep?

How many hours?

• Total voters
I sleep between 1 AM to 2 AM and wake up at 8 AM.

Black bags under my eyes too.
My fitness level has gone down a lot.
Fat level has increased. Previously I had a fat content of 10%, I'm fairly sure I'm hitting 13-14% now.
I'm lethargic and tired during the day.

I do get a bit more sleep on weekends, maybe 6-7.

What are the reasons for your sleeplessness ? Is it compulsion or has it become a habit ?

If it has become a habit, then one should change that.

In my case, it's a compulsion ! Can't avoid.

1 hour - mundane tasks of the day, 9.5 hours office, 3.5 hours travelling, 2 hours gym, 3-4 hours extra office work ( work from home, need to attend conf calls, manage escalations, reports etc... ) rest 4-5 hours of sleep.

Planning for a job change because of overburden in the work :D

my sleep depends upon the season
i sleep a lot during the winters
can't get up early when its cold!
sleep less during summers :-)

Usually about 6 hrs a day . but when my kids were young it was about 4 hrs.

We actually became supermen in Pakistan by getting less than 5 hours of sleep every night during the blistering hot summers due to shortage of power supply. It was the hardest thing to deal with, but things are getting better specially in upcoming months...:D
Don't you use rooftop in summers. except from June and winters, I love sleeping on my rooftop.

Don't you use rooftop in summers. except from June and winters, I love sleeping on my rooftop.

Yes sir rooftop is convenient, but when half a dozen dengue cases were reported from my area, i simply gave up that option, plus noisy generators in neighborhood on their rooftops make life even more miserable, they simply put them on for whole night and go to sleep like drunk elephants.......without even bothering to check whether WAPDA power supply is coming or not.........:suicide::hang3:

Last edited:
The Campbell Barracks are Army SASR :/ Don't think I'll be stationed there. I'm hoping for RAAF base Pearce. I'm going to be RAAF Aero. I've kinda started regretting it nowadays, especially with a large amount of interest in my team's work from Thales. But that's 4 years I've signed away, which I can't do anything about.

Summer is the best time for birdwatching :3 My strategy is to set up a volleyball net, get a game going with a couple of lads, and let the fairies ;) come to you, no binoculars necessary.

What're you upto now that you don't live in Perth anymore?

Australian military is very pro, unless youre sexskyping. ;)

If i get back one day i'd love to catch up with you for a feed etc

I just heared from a friend that a well liked Turkish food retreat of mine in Subi got shut....i'll eternally miss their baked eggplant dish....whatever its called in Turkish. :angel:

I usually sleep around 7-8 hours, but now that the exams are here (as you can probably imagine) I am sleeping 9-10 hours. It seems like a lot of you are doing this the wrong way. :)

What are the reasons for your sleeplessness ? Is it compulsion or has it become a habit ?

If it has become a habit, then one should change that.

In my case, it's a compulsion ! Can't avoid.

1 hour - mundane tasks of the day, 9.5 hours office, 3.5 hours travelling, 2 hours gym, 3-4 hours extra office work ( work from home, need to attend conf calls, manage escalations, reports etc... ) rest 4-5 hours of sleep.

Planning for a job change because of overburden in the work :D

It's compulsion. I have deadlines I need to meet at work, my supervisor and sponsor are on my back for my research work, I need to get it sorted in the next 4 months.

What you've described is pretty much what is going on with me as well. The 3.5 hours of travelling is the exception. Also stopped going to the gym, I used to bench 120s, I don't think I could lift a 70 now.

How life creeps up on us. I was walking past my unis kindergarten and got all teary eyed and began to reminisce.

I'm assuming you're in a project management role at the moment, what're you looking to move into?

Australian military is very pro, unless youre sexskyping.
If i get back one day i'd love to catch up with you for a feed etc
I just heared from a friend that a well liked Turkish food retreat of mine in Subi got shut....i'll eternally miss their baked eggplant dish....whatever its called in Turkish.

LOL! That happened at the ADFA if I'm not wrong. Trust me, they were only in trouble cos the chick kicked up a fuss. Much kinkier shit goes down in Australian unis where the chicks are willing participants. Those med parties. :lol:

What was the Turkish place? Chances are I've been there as well, did you check out the kebabs at Kurdish store at Broadway near UWA? I live off that stuff.

Yeah meeting up sounds good, let me know when you're in town. We can head to AIDA in Northbridge, I've got a mutual friend with the owner, cheap shisha :D. (unhealthy, I know)

It's compulsion. I have deadlines I need to meet at work, my supervisor and sponsor are on my back for my research work, I need to get it sorted in the next 4 months.

What you've described is pretty much what is going on with me as well. The 3.5 hours of travelling is the exception. Also stopped going to the gym, I used to bench 120s, I don't think I could lift a 70 now.

How life creeps up on us. I was walking past my unis kindergarten and got all teary eyed and began to reminisce.

Ah... That's sad :(

I'm assuming you're in a project management role at the moment, what're you looking to move into?

Your assumption is correct ! I am currently managing 2 roles IT and Project/people Mgmt.

I am thinking of moving into pure IT Architectural role giving up project/people management.

I am insomniac for last 20 something years.I go off to sleep around at 3/4 in the morning:( wake up around 7:30 to 8:00. If really tired tasks a short nap ,sometimes.8-)

Back
Top Bottom