What's new

India is sitting on Half Trillion $$ in Foreign exchange Reserves Tonight

We chose a free economy with partial state control, and removed most of the state controls a little more than halfway through. That dictates the shape of society, and it is nothing that cannot be corrected by the reintroduction of state controls at a later stage.

The difference is that the shape of the Chinese economy that you are alluding to without mentioning it is formed by government policy, and controls enforcing that policy. That is not something that is suitable for Indian politics.

interesting, I do agree Chinese government has much more power than Indians counterpart.

after modi, people would still vote for bjp? Does gandi family has any chance to get power back?

What are the advantages of foreign exchange reserves?
The most important advantage of a high level of foreign exchange reserves is that it can allow import of essentials such as food. It has been observed by some people that reserves that can finance 3 months' worth of import bills, is adequate.

India biggest import bill Oil
Great

interesting, I do agree Chinese government has much more power than Indians counterpart.

after modi, people would still vote for bjp? Does gandi family has any chance to get power back?

I don't think that the Gandhi family will ever get back. That also means that unless and until the Congress grows an alternative leadership layer, it too will never get back.

As for the BJP, there is a hard core of irredeemable bigots that will always vote BJP; this is about 12 or 13% of the electorate. The opportunists, who voted for apparent gains through economic development, will go away.

If only we had a Deng now; or a Manmohan Singh with an independent mandate not tied to the Congress.

I don't think that the Gandhi family will ever get back. That also means that unless and until the Congress grows an alternative leadership layer, it too will never get back.

As for the BJP, there is a hard core of irredeemable bigots that will always vote BJP; this is about 12 or 13% of the electorate. The opportunists, who voted for apparent gains through economic development, will go away.

If only we had a Deng now; or a Manmohan Singh with an independent mandate not tied to the Congress.

THe problem is India itself. An unfair atrocious brahmin state with a fake nationhood. But you guys keep running behind chimeras - if only we liberalized before, if only we are strict like chinese, if only we dont have environment laws, if only we dont have labor laws, if only we dont have muslims, if only we dont have dalits, OBC's and all reservations candidates (who ironically are majority) if only we give even more power to brahmins. The never ending dream run of the indian continues.

The hardcore BJP voters come from RSS and they makeup only ~500,000.

Which means 0.5 Million are hardcore BJP voters in total of 900 million voters.

So the BJP hardcore voters make up 0.05% of Indian voters and certainly not 12-13%.

Most of the people who vote for BJP do so due to TINA factor. It is the failures of Congress and lack of other opposition alternatives that force people to vote BJP.

Number of voters in Lok Sabha elections 2019 rises by 84.3 million over 2014

The new voters have taken the total number of voters to 900 million since 2014, he said, adding that around 15 million are in the age group of 18-19 years.

https://www.hindustantimes.com/india-news/84-3-million-first-time-voters-to-play-deciding-role-in-lok-sabha-elections/story-cEtRYHo6uJwfj0n4KeT96J.html

RSS membership doubled in 10 years, says its official

“Five to six lakh people attend the daily sakhas. Both the sakhas and the membership doubled.”

https://www.thehindu.com/news/national/rss-membership-doubled-in-10-years-says-its-official/article29101108.ece

Last edited:
https://swarajyamag.com/insta/india...erves-rise-by-over-3-billion-to-49004-billion

Guys so much negativity around with Ladakh and Covid 19 I just wanted to confirm Indian foreign exchange reserves are hovering at $500 billion

That is ABSOLUTELY huge for a nation depicted in bad publicity

Do not under estimate how powerful india is becoming global

The 5th largest GDP on the plant at $3trillion and a huge bank balance

BRING this back to defense if india has to fight CHINA it has the means and the money to do it

I actually think india is punching way below its real military and industrial strength.

Yes there is poverty
YES e have infrastructure issues
Yes there is corruption

BUT by god we are in such a STRONG position to GET this right

Usa and European banks all predict Indian GDP to be $5 trillion by 2025 I thnk its optimistic but 2027 I think its pretty much guranteed evenm a short war wont stop it

As for the forex in 2015 its was barely $300 billion today its $500 billion or just under
So by 2025 I think $700 billion is realistic provided rupee remains in the 70s to dollar

Its good be proud and confident

Dear my fellow country man,

This so called foreign reserve value is not actual money. but this is current value of assets which Govt. agencies aka RBI & Co. invested in foreign assets. this includes US t-bills, Japanese Yen, British Pound etc etc.

U cannot simply liquidate them as and when u want.

Then what is the use of it:
1.It's main use is getting easier and Cheaper Loans.
2. Your Private sector easily make Imports and make payments etc.
3. Helps maintaining good credit rating of Govt. as well as Private sector loans, Bonds etc.

But you can't use this incase:
you want to pay for Rafales jet upfront. otherwise India was not buying 36 only.

There should not be any second thought that India don't have money OR for that mater we have 500 billion only.
But for smooth functioning of OTC currency and bond operations they don't Liquidate that at will.

having debt on Countries Balance Sheet have no value in the Era where FEDs are printing free money along with Japs. Countries having stable system are "Going Concerns". They cannot say some day that we want to sell/List ourself. So in 2020 stop looking at debt on your Balance Sheet. Rather look for Balance of payments.
That is country's capacity to repay loan, Imports etc.

having debt on Countries Balance Sheet have no value in the Era where FEDs are printing free money along with Japs. Countries having stable system are "Going Concerns". They cannot say some day that we want to sell/List ourself. So in 2020 stop looking at debt on your Balance Sheet. Rather look for Balance of payments.
That is country's capacity to repay loan, Imports etc.

That is debt in dollars - smart guy. RBI cannot print free dollars your country men gotta earn it or sell stuff for it.

the reason why we could even dare to go for 3 month lockdown is our forex reserv fund.
This 3 month Lock down was Financed by World Bank for some 2 billion USD. That is why during Lock down Indian stock market rallied almost 1300 points.

That is debt in dollars - smart guy. RBI cannot print free dollars your country men gotta earn it or sell stuff for it.
RBI print Ruppee and Sell Us Dollar in market adjusting it's value(INR value). From Jan'20 till Apr'20 RBI pumped 45 USd billion in market. But at same time they keep getting huge flow of USD from FIIs who have money from US Feds for almost nil interest rate. Whatever FII invest/sell from position incur tax as well which keep things in Check.

BJPs core vote bank stands at 30%+ in most of the states... It is Modi + corrupt, incapable and FAKE Gandhis which is pushing BJP to 50%+ in various states... Extreme level of Muslim appeasement also force some people to vote for BJP even though they don't like the PARTY or the CANDIDATE...

After Modi... it depends upon who replace him... currently, Amit Shah and Yogi Adityanath (in UP) have some aura... BJP is known to have great leadership at next generation too...

Nehru Family... Under Rahul-Priyanka, No chance...

I think I have summarized it in the best way possible... and it reflect when we analyze the state level elections and central level elections...

@sputnik dear sir , you are quite wrong. The foreign exchange reserves are mostly accessible.
their was a time when the maximum foreign exchange u could carry out of India was 5000 $ . Its 250000 now for a financial year. You are supposed to deposit the leftover foreign exchange, on returning . This deposit goes into the rbi reserves. The fdi in the share market is the only hot money that rbi does not regulate.

Are you sure it is just 12-13%? Maybe they are far too vocal. I've had to leave whatsapp groups because of the bigotry and right wing chauvinism on display.

Are you sure it is just 12-13%? Maybe they are far too vocal. I've had to leave whatsapp groups because of the bigotry and right wing chauvinism on display.

There are another 14+% who are on for the ride, middle-class call centre and techno-coolie types, who want to savour the same kind of rapid growth that they got under UPA I and must now be feeling terribly disappointed at the way their heroes have run the economy into the ground.

Yes, they are very vocal, and also putrid in their opinions. They make me feel ashamed to be a human along with them, leave alone being an Indian.

@sputnik dear sir , you are quite wrong. The foreign exchange reserves are mostly accessible.
their was a time when the maximum foreign exchange u could carry out of India was 5000 $ . Its 250000 now for a financial year. You are supposed to deposit the leftover foreign exchange, on returning . This deposit goes into the rbi reserves. The fdi in the share market is the only hot money that rbi does not regulate.

Haven't you overlooked the amount an Indian can outright export for investment? If I remember correctly it was far, far larger than $5,000.

Back
Top Bottom