What's new

India offers to export electricity to Pakistan

well stupid govt. of ours should first look at the shortage ..........during paddy season punjab gets 8 hours of daily cuts......

You are not update bro, Punjab will see no power cuts this summer, I read in Ajit Newspaper few days ago we have extra 1 lakh mega unit something this time.

On topic -

Indian Punjab gets 41510 lakh unit of power from BBMB (Bhakra Beas Management Board) at 33 paise/unit

Government supply these 41,510 lakh units to PSPCL (Punjab State Power Corporation Limited) at Rs 2.11/unit

Welcome to the reality.. 15 hours power cut means 9 hours supply which is luxury for rural bihar..

Thanks to anti-Bihar policy of this central govt..:hitwall:

Didnt want to take up an old post - but couldn't stop myself.
If BIHAR has no electricity - its the almost 2 decade Lalu Jungle raj thats responsible for it!! Don't blame congress for everything!!

Bihars PERCAPITA income (how much one person earns) - the lowest in the country - is 320$
Punjab's is 1520 $!! This is because Lalu Yadav reduced the State to Somalia!!! This is the same rut with ALL yadavs - they're just not development oriented - its all caste politics - result : Failed states!!! Thanks to Nitish - Bihar has a chance now!! But if the silly biharis don't lose their common sense - as they did when they re-elected Lalu Yadav so many times - then ONLY then Bihar will be fixed.

Anyways - as of now - BIHARS power problems will be solved by 2014-2015 with all these power plants! So hang on for 3 more years!!!

Pakistan doesnt need an unreliable source of electricity.....definitely not from the indians, that's for sure!

More e.city for what? Watching sans bahu tv serials nonstop? haha

Your country your choice...India offered and that's where our work ends....

Pakistan need not take up the offer in any case; since Pakistan has billions of tonnes of coal and gas available. Maybe the power problem will vanish quickly then.There is a thread elsewhere on this forum. Some posters have explained matters pretty well there, e.g. VCheng.

This is a good gesture, i think we need to move forward to promote goodwill..People are sick of this fighting BS

well the fact of the matter is that yes --there is a supply-demand gap. It's not as much an issue of infrastructure or power grid capacity as it is an issue of corruption, mismanagement (circular debt)

for parts of the country, short-term solutions exist (import some from Iran, Tajikistan, RPPs etc.) but ultimately it takes proper governance to overcome the power shortages issue..

Pakistan used to be produce a surplus amount of electricity (they offered electricity to india in 1990s)....no reason why we cant go back to that if the politicians would get their act together and prioritize. Adding consistent power to the grid is not an overnight thing, it takes planning. Other issue is stealing of power; if even the govt. institutions dont pay up, the people cant be expected to learn good examples.

the govt. of Pakistan is no role model for the people

We should export the electricity or countries like Pakistan, Nepal and Bangladesh etc.

i.e. countries which don't have enough capital to invest in power plants etc.

sell a unit generated at Rs. 4 to Pakistan for Rs. 8

Use that Rs. 8 to build more power plants to fulfill our needs.

In the end, our neighbors end up financing our power needs.

We should export the electricity or countries like Pakistan, Nepal and Bangladesh etc.

i.e. countries which don't have enough capital to invest in power plants etc.

sell a unit generated at Rs. 4 to Pakistan for Rs. 8

Use that Rs. 8 to build more power plants to fulfill our needs.

In the end, our neighbors end up financing our power needs.

that would give india leverage over Pakistan.....i dont think either the citizens or the govt. would be friendly to such a proposition

there are many other feasible alternatives (for the short-run) that is. Pakistan is fairly gas-rich, it has plenty of sunlight, plenty of wind, scores of medium-quality coal at disposal. A multi-faceted domestic approach is required --depending on region of the country

that would give india leverage over Pakistan.....i dont think either the citizens or the govt. would be friendly to such a proposition

there are many other feasible alternatives (for the short-run) that is. Pakistan is fairly gas-rich, it has plenty of sunlight, plenty of wind, scores of medium-quality coal at disposal. A multi-faceted domestic approach is required --depending on region of the country

^^

Its the same reason why India did not invest in the Iran Pak India gas pipeline..

I think people suffering from 10 to 18 hour power outages will grab at it with both hands if given a choice.

^^

Its the same reason why India did not invest in the Iran Pak India gas pipeline..

Pakistanis wouldnt have much leverage since the price mechanism was such that indians would pay Iranians for gas only that was received (i dont know exactly what metrics they use, probably some barrels/meters type equivalent)

the indians ''opted'' out due to solely to American pressure....

I Think Cubic Feet
Pakistanis wouldnt have much leverage since the price mechanism was such that indians would pay Iranians for gas only that was received (i dont know exactly what metrics they use, probably some barrels/meters type equivalent)

the indians ''opted'' out due to solely to American pressure....

Pakistan isn't that stupid to accept electricity from a nation that considers Pakistan to be its arch nemesis and rival.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom