What's new

India to vote against Sri Lanka in UNHRC

Heartless congress already gave the tacit go ahead to the sinhalese army to massacre the Tamils as some sort of blood revenge for killing their master Rajiv. The least they can do is atleast let the US govt make the sinhalese accountable for their war crimes.

Why is Pakistan interfering in Afghanistan ?

hey ks,I being a non tamil, see sri lanka as a friendly country,with whom we should establish good relations.

you being a tamil,what are your views??

and till when do you think india(or in particular tamil nadu)should have fight with sri lanka over the tamil issue??

they opposed the seperatists and now are trying to get better.

(no offence,me being a non tamil cant see it from your point of view).

hey ks,I being a non tamil, see sri lanka as a friendly country,with whom we should establish good relations.

I understand how non-Tamils especially outside the southern states may feel Lanka is a friendly country, but my honest opinion is the majority of the sinhalese hate India (non-tamils included) because they think it was us who messed up their country and would rather sleep with China than be friendly with India.

you being a tamil,what are your views??

I have no special views. I just want GoI to live upto its stature as the powerbroker in South asia and bring in a peaceful, dignified solution to the Sinhala-Tamil problem which does not necessarily mean a separate country for them, but atleast provincial autonomy within the Lankan constitution like we have for Kashmir and rehabiliation for those affected.

Plus Indian interests in Lanka have to maintained which means Lankan honeymoon with china must not harm our interests in the Indian ocean.

I understand how non-Tamils especially outside the southern states may feel Lanka is a friendly country, but my honest opinion is the majority of the sinhalese hate India (non-tamils included) because they think it was us who messed up their country and would rather sleep with China than be friendly with India.

I have no special views. I just want GoI to live upto its stature as the powerbroker in South asia and bring in a peaceful, dignified solution to the Sinhala-Tamil problem which does not necessarily mean a separate country for them, but atleast provincial autonomy within the Lankan constitution like we have for Kashmir and rehabiliation for those affected.

Plus Indian interests in Lanka have to maintained which means Lankan honeymoon with china must not harm our interests in the Indian ocean.

You are completely wrong here, And Tamils won't get such a thing! What I see everyday most of Indian Tamils on PDF do not know how we live in SL. They always talk based on the things and systems what they have in India. You will not see any ethnic based or religion base separating features in here. All the 9 provinces and 25 districts in here are same, SL government cannot implement such a special features 1 or 2 provinces, or demand of specific ethnic. Tamils in North is something around 5% of whole population, majority Tamils live outside of this province. I always with any Sri Lankan to protect their rights but I cannot stand with a some group of specific ethnic's extremists demands.

Don't mention the Indian system, I agree it's an unique system for India otherwise India won't last until now. But it's officially divided based on race and religions etc Sri Lanka is one unit, country of all Sri Lankans, provinces and districts are the same!

Yep, most of Sri Lankans dislike India but not Indians. And we are not carzy fans of China either, we have long friendship with China it comes from in ancient days as well as India. Most of Sri Lankans favorite country which they respect is JAPAN as far as I know.

Russian ambassador has promised to help Sri Lanka in the UNHRC, Sri Lanka is asking China for help too, which most probably they will extend.

So this is similar to Syria, Iran etc.

You are completely wrong here, And Tamils won't get such a thing! What I see everyday most of Indian Tamils on PDF do not know how we live in SL. They always talk based on the things and systems what they have in India. You will not see any ethnic based or religion base separating features in here. All the 9 provinces and 25 districts in here are same, SL government cannot implement such a special features 1 or 2 provinces, or demand of specific ethnic. Tamils in North is something around 5% of whole population, majority Tamils live outside of this province. I always with any Sri Lankan to protect their rights but I cannot stand with a some group of specific ethnic's extremists demands.

Don't mention the Indian system, I agree it's an unique system for India otherwise India won't last until now. But it's officially divided based on race and religions etc Sri Lanka is one unit, country of all Sri Lankans, provinces and districts are the same!

Yep, most of Sri Lankans dislike India but not Indians. And we are not carzy fans of China either, we have long friendship with China it comes from in ancient days as well as India. Most of Sri Lankans favorite country which they respect is JAPAN as far as I know.

India must not vote against Sri-Lanka. There will be long time lass than short time gain.

The Losses India can get..
1. Lanka will become more anti-India (Since 1947 Lanka is anti India by helping Paksitan and China), we must extend frendship arm to Lanka by not voting against them.
2. India is suffering thru Islamio terrorisw and Maoist Pigs, at some point of time India too will have to act strong like Lanka, Then lanka will vote against us.
3. The only benefit I can see here is Ruling govt can save there rule for 1 more year by appeasing Tamilnadu political Party
4. Last but not least its there internal issue, if we poke our nose there, lankans can poke there nose in Indian internal issues as well...

I know regionalism is good but when it hurt national interests, we must dump it...

Russian ambassador has promised to help Sri Lanka in the UNHRC, Sri Lanka is asking China for help too, which most probably they will extend.

Russia and China both aren't member countries of UNHRC this year. It's difficult to defeat coz other western countries votes, not sure how many countries are from Asia this year.

India must not vote against Sri-Lanka. There will be long time lass than short time gain.

The Losses India can get..
1. Lanka will become more anti-India (Since 1947 Lanka is anti India by helping Paksitan and China), we must extend frendship arm to Lanka by not voting against them.
2. India is suffering thru Islamio terrorisw and Maoist Pigs, at some point of time India too will have to act strong like Lanka, Then lanka will vote against us.
3. The only benefit I can see here is Ruling govt can save there rule for 1 more year by appeasing Tamilnadu political Party
4. Last but not least its there internal issue, if we poke our nose there, lankans can poke there nose in Indian internal issues as well...

I know regionalism is good but when it hurt national interests, we must dump it...

The game is totally different here, China is using srilanka as a base for its operations, they are building a billion dollar deep sea port in srilanka which is a direct threat to india, US and the rest of the world.

Srilanka is and was in bed with our enemies from a long time, we need to go ahead with supporting the resolution or any unilateral sanctions for this reason and also for the reason that they killed 30000 tamil civilians.

The game is totally different here, China is using srilanka as a base for its operations, they are building a billion dollar deep sea port in srilanka which is a direct threat to india, US and the rest of the world.

Srilanka is and was in bed with our enemies from a long time, we need to go ahead with supporting the resolution or any unilateral sanctions for this reason and also for the reason that they killed 30000 tamil civilians.

China is your neighbouring country, there's no new threat.
Not only just one port China is involved in our main port too, they have projects around the country. India is not a major player in the world, or strong enough to act like Russia or China, so we need to keep good relationship with these two countries giving priority them for our benefits.

The more recent US and UK sponsored UNHRC resolution will squeeze SL even more. Whether India supports it or not it does not matter. India is a clown in the whole game with no concrete strategic policy - dancing to SL threat of bringing in bogeyman foreign powers(till 1980s it was US base in Trincomalee and since then it has been China and Hambantota and host them in her country to offset Indian influence) or dancing to TN political parties. If SL gets closer to China in the subsequent years, US will only squeeze SL even more as US will be feeling threatened in the Indian Ocean where she is sitting in Diego Garcia.

Until Indian leaders grow some political will, India will be a mere spectator in the whole game unraveling and personally I would want TN political parties and TN people squeeze the GOI even more and the era of coalition politics is only helping the situation.

Agreed completely..The problem is most Madrasis cannot see anything beyond thier highly regionalist,often racist prisms..They have been ingrained on this imagined superiority of the Tamil language over others..Hence the avid often violent resistence you can see for integration from TN to SL,Fiji and Malaysia..Having tried thier seperatist idealogies on the mainland and failed because of the strong resistance of the Indian union in the 50's and before..they eventually looked elsewhere for a soft target

And ofcause the latest ruse of using the China bogeyman to prolong thier agenda and gain support through fear from rest of India

Need to pay this price for the sake of diversity of India
and what price are you paying?
Guys, if you think that voting against SL is wrong for INDIA, you don't have to.
If you think that for the sake of Business you can support killers, they India should have not hanged Afsal or Kasab.
Where your humanity has gone, why don't you think of acting for a war free world, rather interested in protecting war cirminals arses.
But remember there are over 7 crore Tamils whoes voice is neglected in INDIA if you are voting in favour of SL, and that will not be tolerated.

Need to pay this price for the sake of diversity of India
and what price are you paying?
Guys, if you think that voting against SL is wrong for INDIA, you don't have to.
If you think that for the sake of Business you can support killers, they India should have not hanged Afsal or Kasab.
Where your humanity has gone, why don't you think of acting for a war free world, rather interested in protecting war cirminals arses.
But remember there are over 7 crore Tamils whoes voice is neglected in INDIA if you are voting in favour of SL, and that will not be tolerated.

so can that be construed as a threat??

in matters of foreign policy & national interest there is no such thing as morality add emotions to it & it becomes a deadly poison period.

Now from a foreign policy point of view by voting against Sri Lanka, India will only help increase Chinese influence in Sri Lanka to a all new level, look @ Maldives (off course from a Pakistani point of view i am all for it) but as a student of Geo-strategic politic, if you ask me then India would be in a much better position by not voting against Sri Lanka, because by doing so it can add a certain degree of goodwill to the troubled relationship with Sri Lanka, which might help India from a Geo-strategic point of view as far as China is concerned, so in short

India has two problems to choose from

first a'lot of protest & stiff opposition from Tamil nadu (short term)

second one being increased Chinese influence in the Indian ocean region (Long Term) now it doesn't take a rocket scientist to figure out that it is better to go for the lesser one

Back
Top Bottom