What's new

India travel thread

Ahmedabad, India’s first UNESCO World Heritage City has now been included in the list of "World's 50 Greatest Places of 2022" by Time Magazine.

Ahmedabad, India

Higher learning​

Worlds-Greatest-Places-2022-AhmedabadIndia
An Aquatic Gallery at Gujarat Science City near Ahmedabad, India

Sam Panthaki—AFP/Getty Images
BY ROSALIND CUMMINGS-YEATES
JULY 12, 2022 7:06 AM EDT

As India’s first UNESCO World Heritage City, Ahmedabad boasts both ancient landmarks and contemporary innovations that make it a mecca for cultural tourism, from the serene Gandhi Ashram that sits on 36 acres on the banks of the Sabarmati River to Navratri, a vibrant nine-day celebration (this year from Sept. 26 to Oct. 5) billed as the longest dance festival in the world.
Ahmedabad’s Gujarat Science City, a sprawling entertainment center and theme park, unveiled three major attractions last year, including a 20-acre nature park to educate the public on local flora as well as provide new spaces for playing chess and practicing yoga. There is also a new interactive robot gallery that celebrates innovation in robotics and features a towering replica of a Transformer. And Science City’s new aquarium, which showcases aquatic species from around the globe, is now India’s largest.

New hotels include the Hillock Ahmedabad, which offers old-world elegance with antique furniture and golden chandeliers, and the luxurious 18-story ITC Narmada, with patterns and woodwork inspired by Gujarat’s legendary stepwells.

Hyderabad has changed a lot since the last time I've been there in 2011.
Me too, had always felt it just another small city, but nah it has grown by leaps and bounds.
1657791183930.jpeg

loving this guy's Kashmir vlogs, I'm doing this next summer too...

he was in Pakistan a couple of months ago too, this guy.

I live near to here when in Delhi, it's allrite in small doses, this whole huge corporate and commercial area.. lots of good food and drink options to suit a variety of budgets and tastes.

old Delhi, this place is a trip and some amazing good to be had.

kinda dirty and chaotic but they're trying to give it a facelift

------------------------------------------------------------------------

Back
Top Bottom