What's new

India travel thread

been to TN yet ? I haven't, only air transit Chennai.. didn't see much at all.

Kodai is supposed to be pretty insane

Dhanushkodi too, the abandoned village after the cyclone, interesting story

Only to the usual hill stations (Ooty/Coonoor, Kodaikanal) and the Pondy-Mahab circuit.
Kodai is passable as the crowds are massive and you can never really enjoy solitude. Ooty is not very different if you go on long weekends or holiday season. If you really want to enjoy either of them, visit in winters, but before or after the school vacations, and not on a weekend.

TN Areas bordering Kerala are prettier (Nilgiris). Central TN is quite hot and not much to see there unless you want to do a temple run.

Only to the usual hill stations (Ooty/Coonoor, Kodaikanal) and the Pondy-Mahab circuit.
Kodai is passable as the crowds are massive and you can never really enjoy solitude. Ooty is not very different if you go on long weekends or holiday season. If you really want to enjoy either of them, visit in winters, but before or after the school vacations, and not on a weekend.

TN Areas bordering Kerala are prettier (Nilgiris). Central TN is quite hot and not much to see there unless you want to do a temple run.
I'm mostly all about avoiding the crowds, solitude and away from madness mangta !

What about Chikmagalur ? heard nice things about.

I'm mostly all about avoiding the crowds, solitude and away from madness mangta !

What about Chikmagalur ? heard nice things about.

Chikmagalur is pretty good. Combine it with Sakleshpur and it will be a very rewarding trip. The good thing is that the stays are scattered around the district, just like in Coorg and Wayanad, so you don't have any one spot which is extremely crowded.

I love this place when in Dilli, the food is to die for !

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom