What's new

Latif Siddique returns

BanglaBhoot

RETIRED TTA
Reaction score
Country
France
Abdul Latif Siddiqui, who faces arrest after losing his Cabinet berth and being expelled from the ruling Awami League for his anti-Hajj rant, has returned to Bangladesh.

The former telecom minister flew in on an Air India flight to Dhaka airport around 9pm Sunday, according to immigration police.

A senior detective police officer said Siddique left the airport around half an hour later.

It is, however, unclear where he went from there.

He could not be contacted despite repeated attempts.

His derogatory remarks on Hajj at a discussion in New York in September opened a barrage of criticism.

"I'm more averse to Hajj and Tabligh than I am to Jamaat-e-Islami," he said.

But he maintains he was quoted out of context and defended his comments saying he had spoken from "an economic viewpoint, not to hurt religious feelings".

He has been accused in a number of cases for hurting religious sentiments. Warrants are also out for his arrest.

Siddique was subsequently removed from the Cabinet and expelled from the party.

Media reports said he had gone to West Bengal on his way from the US.

Latif Siddique returns -
bdnews24.com

Bangladeshi Muslim need to keep their head cool and proceed with care. This is another cunning game played by Indian maid Hasina. First priority should be find a way to over throw hasina and then deal with this murtad.

Certainly we need to keep our head cool but the bigger game is being played by India.

Whenever I see religious tension and hatred for particular group or people; it reminds me of this movie Agora.

Last edited:
SHW/BAL has always used any odd incident for creating sensation to keep people's attention away from its misdeeds. Latif's case has been turned into a soap/drama.

Executing the plan of his pay masters in Delhi.

What can a man who chose to hide at his son-in law's house over at Canada do for anyone? What kind of capabilities and resources does he have to execute a plan? And what plan would that be? He could have very easily had asylum at Canada with all his ill-gotten money.

Interesting, these reports make no mention about him making remarks against Joy.

What can a man who chose to hide at his son-in law's house over at Canada do for anyone? What kind of capabilities and resources does he have to execute a plan? And what plan would that be? He could have very easily had asylum at Canada with all his ill-gotten money.

Interesting, these reports make no mention about him making remarks against Joy.

Are you implying that he might return to politics? Would be a big blunder for AL!

Well i read in some newspaper that canada doesn't allow asylum from a 3rd country in this case the maggot was in America. But still u are right he could have stayed in India or went to some other country. The fact that he came at a time when their are calls for more opposition agitation against this thug regime raises all the more question regarding the game delhi and Hasina is playing. He was not arrested at the air port on some flimsy excuse and later taken to a safe place by reportedly intelligence officers. This whole thing is a farce.

As for plan, well how abt Hefazot and other islamic groups turning into the streets protesting giving Indo-awami media a nice story about "islamic extremism" to sell to the west.

Well i read in some newspaper that canada doesn't allow asylum from a 3rd country in this case the maggot was in America. But still u are right he could have stayed in India or went to some other country. The fact that he came at a time when their are calls for more opposition agitation against this thug regime raises all the more question regarding the game delhi and Hasina is playing. He was not arrested at the air port on some flimsy excuse and later taken to a safe place by reportedly intelligence officers. This whole thing is a farce.

As for plan, well how abt Hefazot and other islamic groups turning into the streets protesting giving Indo-awami media a nice story about "islamic extremism" to sell to the west.

If there's really a conspiracy, the main objective is to make Bangladesh unstable and show it as a hub of extremism. If Hefazat and co. decides to take on the streets it would only aid the conspirators.

Back
Top Bottom