What's new

Modi's water war: India fast-tracks hydro projects in IoK

Such childish rhetoric from both sides. Many Indians here are correct in saying that we have been wasting our own water share and letting it go to waste down in the sea. There can be no denial to that. We cant agree on Kalabagh dam here and we are concerned about what India is doing. Indians will do what is best in the Indian interests. Pakistanis should do what is best in Pakistan's interests.

Isn't the logic that Indian dams would starve us in Pakistan the same that Sindh uses to block Kalabagh? If water is stored, used for electricity and then surplus water goes back into the river and continues into Pakistan, then what is the issue here? There is no competent technical study here just plain hatred being thrown around from both sides.

We should build our own dams for electricity, build reservoirs for relieving the pressure on Indian dams in the times of flooding and monsoons and let them Indians use their due share as per the IWT. Indians should also be honest "we have a lot of mistrust thou" in letting Pakistan have its due share.

Can someone here define what a Million Acre Feet of water actually means? And after this question there will be a Google Rush!!!!
Well said bro... It is easier to play a victim card rather than to accept the faults.

I million acre feet of water means - to fill an million acre with 1 feet of water. or 7812.5 acre with 128 feet of water...

Well said buddy! We are just using our share of water. We even don't have the capability to hold the water which flows into Pakistan.The treaty has survived 3 wars and many situations of hostilities between us. Leaders on both sides of the border are sensible and know this. Its the keyboard warrior who get emotionaly carried away.The water should tbe utilised efficiently on both sides equally!
Such childish rhetoric from both sides. Many Indians here are correct in saying that we have been wasting our own water share and letting it go to waste down in the sea. There can be no denial to that. We cant agree on Kalabagh dam here and we are concerned about what India is doing. Indians will do what is best in the Indian interests. Pakistanis should do what is best in Pakistan's interests.

Isn't the logic that Indian dams would starve us in Pakistan the same that Sindh uses to block Kalabagh? If water is stored, used for electricity and then surplus water goes back into the river and continues into Pakistan, then what is the issue here? There is no competent technical study here just plain hatred being thrown around from both sides.

We should build our own dams for electricity, build reservoirs for relieving the pressure on Indian dams in the times of flooding and monsoons and let them Indians use their due share as per the IWT. Indians should also be honest "we have a lot of mistrust thou" in letting Pakistan have its due share.

Can someone here define what a Million Acre Feet of water actually means? And after this question there will be a Google Rush!!!!

I don't think these projects are violating IWT, and Pakistan knows it too. However, what Pakistan fears is that India is building huge infrastructure that can divert Indus waters in case of a war.

What ever, in case of another war between India and Pakistan, the first causality will be IWT. India is certainly going to scarp IWT.

And how will India get access to GB do you want India to buy the access... and will Pakistan pay for 20% of amount for construction ? Indians are pretty satisfied with status quo as for now...

India is not satisfied with the status quo. You every time satisfy your false ego.

I've mentioned above how would India get access to GB. And why would anyone pay 20% construction cost. You/we get 80% water, is it not enough?

India must sell electricity generated from these projects to Pakistan at 20% discount.

50% discount in other fields like tourism, education, medical and trade transit viz a viz Kashmir region is concerned.
In that case all Pakistanis must pay lease amount to India for living in your country!!
Stop the trash talk!!
We have full rights on our share of waters!! If not 6 we will build 60 of them!!
Instead of whining ask your politicians what they were doing in last 70 years?

India is not satisfied with the status quo. You every time satisfy your false ego.

I've mentioned above how would India get access to GB. And why would anyone pay 20% construction cost. You/we get 80% water, is it not enough?
Will pakistan ready to share 20% of CPEC revenue with India,, as passes through GB ? You are crazy, why would anyone give you a share from hard earned money or resources.

Will pakistan ready to share 20% of CPEC revenue with India,, as passes through GB ? You are crazy, why would anyone give you a share from hard earned money or resources.

India can join CPEC at 20% less transit fee.

As i am talking about discount not actual hard earned money or resources.

So,

20% discount on electricity

50% discount on visa fee

and

50% relax laws for each other as compared to any third country foreigner.

This package applies from J&K to GB for our two countries.

Pakistan has opposed some of these projects before, saying they violate a World Bank-mediated treaty on the sharing of the Indus river and its tributaries upon which 80 percent of its irrigated agriculture depends.

And what was the final decision by the mediating process on Pakistan's complaints?

So,

50% discount on visa fee

and

fare enough, 20% discount from 15pkr what Pakistan is buying from Chinese power plants, and 20% discount from what ever China is paying as transit fee. that make sense.

I hope indian government like you is not foolish enough to give us a chance. But we won't give it a second thought because for us breaking of IWT is an act of war.

reality is that we had the guts to do what we wnt unlike you who just bring army to the border, threaten us and then your brain is activated.
Guts ohhh !
Read about post world war biggest surrender by any professional army....
We will use our share of water irrespective of foul cry of our neighbor...

India must sell electricity generated from these projects to Pakistan at 20% discount.

50% discount in other fields like tourism, education, medical and trade transit viz a viz Kashmir region is concerned.

^^^^

Most welcome suggestion I am all for talks and trade. BUT percentage of discount will be negotiate during talks. :D

Now please don't call me be baniya. :-)

Regards,
Jailer

So,

50% discount on visa fee

and

Will this discount applicable if we use to send the good from that border to Pakistan and Afghanistan:partay:

It's our water and our decision. It doesn't give india any excuse to break the treaty

In your Language, its Kashmir people water, they should have first right to water , they can decide what they want to do with it..:P

Will this discount applicable if we use to send the good from that border to Pakistan and Afghanistan:partay:

In your Language, its Kashmir people water, they should have first right to water , they can decide what they want to do with it..:P

^^^^

Please concerntrate on discount offer. :D

Baqi Larai tu hoti rahegi

Back
Top Bottom