What's new

Need suggestions & ideas.

Who did we copy?

The Duke merely pointed what this site IS. Read the thread title we are ASKING people that we "Need suggestions & ideas".
Yes, I provided suggestions. Mind, these weren't developed by me alone, they were formulated after months of feedback with dozens of individuals, including Asim, stretching many pages and PMs. Ideas were bounced back and forth, built upon, and refined, and the result was what you see now, on both PFF and WAB.

Actually I have to say Asim was key in providing the spark for intensified-focus (Horrido's term) categories. They were implemented here on PFF at my prodding, then on WAB a few hours later. So nobody is copying anybody, it was a mutual process.

On WAB we are already reaping the benefits of the very recent restructuring. Hopefully PFF will as well.

I still see four forums here dedicated toward the type of discussion you're talking about, Social and Political Issues, Theology (though I still think it should be further refined toward discussing the role religion plays in Pakistani society, military, and government), Econ and Infra., and the Members Club. They are adequate and necessary.

The thing you have to realize is the more general a forum is, the less interest its going to attract. I consult with admins of a wide variety of boards daily, every topic under the sun, and the proven model for success is a niche forum. There are literally thousands of forums on the web for general discussion. The more niche your forum is, the more activity and interest its going to attract.

I've looked at alot of Pakistani forums, and they lack one thing: professional commentary. Structuring a forum to encourage and make professional commentary rewarding is going to attract more and more professionals as time progresses.

I've administered a full-on, thirty-aught, increasingly active geopolitical forum (300,000+ posts, now growing at 15,000 posts per month) with a large core of professionals for 3 1/2 years... I have experience in spades and my feedback is going to be well thought out, comprehensive, and constructive. In fact PFF shares common descent with WAB, I'd guess that most of the members here also have accounts on WAB. That being said, I view this forum as largely non-competing and am willing to provide feedback and constructive criticism I think could help PFF. At the risk of sounding arrogant, I am extremely well-qualified to provide such feedback.

Addressed to Asim in particular, perhaps not the grandiose concluding statement I would like to make, but I should stress again that I believe the Theology forum ought to be refined so PFF can bolster itself as a reputable place to discuss the role of religion in the Pakistani government, military, and society. It's all about what you define yourself as, and if people see a category like this I believe they will flock here and you'll further increase the demographic you should really be aiming for.

BTW, from one friend to another, please take care to know when push the eject button and rip the parachute cord on threads you receive alot of heat in, so it doesn't get too messy. ;) :) I hate to see Msgt. Bluesman go off when it can be avoided.

Jana,

If there is more activity in the global defense forum, then we will divide it again, right now its fine, and the discussions are under control & not getting buried.

If I make a few more suggestions on forum layout... (don't want to seem nitpicking).

I would recommend merging the Site News & Guidelines and CSRFF forums, and closing and stickying a copy of the rules in the Members Introduction, and creating a link in the navbar.

The Trash Bin ought to be viewable to staff only... no need to air dirty laundry. The merged CSRFF and News forums could be moved to second spot in the top category.

I would also recommend moving the Pakistani Strategic & Geopolitical Issues back to top position in the second category, bump the Global Defence Forum to first position in the Current Strategic Issues section which could be retitled International Strategic Issues to make the distinction between Pakistan-oriented discussion, and international topics relevant to Pakistan. I would further recommend bumping the Military Photos & Multimedia forum to last position in the Pakistani Defence & Military Forum (no plural??), or first position in the Current (International??) Strategic Issues, and eliminating the Worlds Armed Forces category.

Pakistani strategic issues should be the foremost thing visitors should see when visting the board ;)

i some how ended up liking the structure of PFF,i find things here more organised.

WAB though my real home now looks like a alien place to me.The colour has changed,so many new sub threads.Im so confused when i go in there that i come out of there very quickly.

i some how ended up liking the structure of PFF,i find things here more organised.

WAB though my real home now looks like a alien place to me.The colour has changed,so many new sub threads.Im so confused when i go in there that i come out of there very quickly.
We need to do some work to make the forum look a bit better graphically -- that being said we're going to keep it KISS - keep it simple stupid. Very, very little graphics or eye candy.

It takes a bit of time for changes to sink in -- but after awhile you will not even remember what it was like before. It's NOT a good idea to change things around alot, as it pi--es people off.

Webby is there a way, you could put up a section for historical war stories (from retired military personnel) and interesting historical events happened in past, like Air combat, special ground and navy missions etc..etc.

Yeah, i am working on it. A lot of items have been published, just have to put it on where members can access it, and that will be done.

Webby kindly creat a thread for me im sticky section so that i dont infect every thread heheheh :P u know i had to post things for him so kindly consider it .

Webby kindly creat a thread for me im sticky section so that i dont infect every thread heheheh :P u know i had to post things for him so kindly consider it .

:woot: :P sure you do:biggrin:

We need to do some work to make the forum look a bit better graphically -- that being said we're going to keep it KISS - keep it simple stupid. Very, very little graphics or eye candy.

Why was the old pattern change, that was deadly.

It takes a bit of time for changes to sink in -- but after awhile you will not even remember what it was like before. It's NOT a good idea to change things around alot, as it pi--es people off.

I agree to that part ( in bold).

Merging all the four sections strategy is not working, the topics are going below hidden from the surface. Strategic issues are also not that good.

Back
Top Bottom